Feb 12, 2016, 01:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

frsky D-series module buzzer?

What function does the dft\djt\dht buzzer serve other then the initial beep in 2-way mode. is it in any way connected to the rssi function and is it possible to get an rssi alarm without the telemetry sensor hub and telemetry complatible monitor\display
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2016, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Revolt
What function does the dft\djt\dht buzzer serve other then the initial beep in 2-way mode. is it in any way connected to the rssi function and is it possible to get an rssi alarm without the telemetry sensor hub and telemetry complatible monitor\display
The module has beep alarms to indicate low and critical RSSI levels with D series receivers. This is enabled by default for RSSI. It can also be configured to beep alarm on A1 and A2 analog levels by using the fdd-lite configuration program.

Jim
Feb 14, 2016, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
great news! funny the manual for the module does not mention this function.
thanks Jim
Feb 14, 2016, 06:15 PM
There used to be a lot more information on it, including a third party config program that was better than the fdd-lite program, but I don't see it on their site any more. There is some additional information on the eflightwiki page http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...lemetry#Alarms

Jim
Last edited by Jim Taylor; Feb 14, 2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
Feb 15, 2016, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the link I have an 16 year old hitec radio with a DHT module. can I use the defult rssi warning on it without any programming or extra telemetry gear, I have the D4R-II reciever.
Feb 15, 2016, 05:39 PM
Yes, you will get RSSI beep warnings by default without any other programming or extra gear.
Feb 16, 2016, 02:11 AM
Thread OP
great and thanks for the information. I Think alot of people dont know about this. thanks
Mar 22, 2016, 05:03 PM
www.singlechannel.co.uk
It also pips to remind you when you're on range-test low-power.
Mar 23, 2016, 12:19 PM
Thread OP
great but how does it work, what should I connect the rssi channel(channel 2) on the reciever to. I have a flight Control board connected via ppm(channel 1) but I have no idea how/where to conect the rssi
Mar 23, 2016, 01:14 PM
www.singlechannel.co.uk
RSSI is handled internally within the receiver. You dont need to connect anything to hear the standard audio RSSI warnings coming from the buzzer in the DHT. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Cheers
Phil
Mar 24, 2016, 01:38 AM
Thread OP
alright thanks well thats exactly what Im trying to achieve, I just never had the alarm beep due to low rssi. thanks
Mar 24, 2016, 03:47 AM
www.singlechannel.co.uk
Set up your tx and a spare rx. Put the rx & battery inside your microwave oven & close the door. Put the transmitter into low power mode, and walk away, and at some distance you should hear the rssi pips!
Cheers
Phil
Mar 29, 2016, 01:15 AM
Thread OP
tested it outdoord and it works fine. abit confusing with the range test beeps but it works
Mar 29, 2016, 02:56 AM
www.singlechannel.co.uk
The odd beep now & then during a flight is fine by the way, any serious reduction in signal strength and the buzzer goes bonkers, dont worry about the occasional pip.

Quick Reply