Oct 02, 2019, 12:10 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Hi Sam

Could you please tell me what the battery cell voltage is after you land from your longest flight ...
is it 3.7 v , 3.6 v .... or more ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2019, 09:48 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr
Hi Sam

Could you please tell me what the battery cell voltage is after you land from your longest flight ...
is it 3.7 v , 3.6 v .... or more ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
11.0V
Sam
Oct 03, 2019, 05:04 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwei1950
11.0V
Sam
Thanks Sam ... that's 3.66 v per cell

Khaled
Oct 11, 2019, 04:46 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Thread OP
had lots of fun with my 76 years old brother this beautiful afternoon down here in Taiwan.
Sam
Oct 12, 2019, 01:13 AM
Quote:
had lots of fun with my 76 years old brother this beautiful afternoon down here in Taiwan.
Sam
enjoy
Oct 12, 2019, 10:09 AM
Gus
Gus
(KI7LPX)
Quote:
Sam
That's Great!
Oct 23, 2019, 12:50 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Thread OP
thanks guys.
I love ATW Flat-tail birds most because flapping efficiency and scaled looks
but Flat-tail birds need good skill to fly because of slower directional response
I'm working on tail modification and it looks to me quite promising.
this morning with modified tail Bald Eagle and it's more responsive and easy to fly now.
Sam
G0468546 ornithopter,ATW Flat-tail bird tail modification flight test (4 min 22 sec)
Oct 23, 2019, 04:55 AM
That's what I was going to do if you allowed me to buy.
Oct 28, 2019, 12:24 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Thread OP
thanks G-LO
kept on testing ATW Flat-tail with modified split tail this morning
Sam
G0518573 ornithopter,ATW Flat-tail Falcon split tail test 2 (4 min 22 sec)
Oct 28, 2019, 04:18 AM
That new tail setup is very promising. Since seeing the the new tail on the ATW Eagle, I began to understand why you didn't feel comfortable about selling the ATW birds, it was you cared about producing a Better product for your friends and customers. You are a man of Excellence. The new tail is actually Beautiful*
Oct 28, 2019, 11:15 PM
Wildlife Artist / RC Designer
Sam are you using White to paint the feathers on your bald eagle? If so I would recommend a soft Gold color paint instead. Also making a feather pattern ( or several patterns that overlap ) would help you paint those feathers.

- Matt
Oct 28, 2019, 11:35 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Thread OP
thanks G-LO,pretty much like V Glider,the split Flat-tail give a plus for turning the bird although it's more fun to fly with original Flat ones.
thanks MATT,a soft Gold color paint...I love to try that.
Sam
Oct 29, 2019, 01:51 AM
Take it from a guy who has seen countless bald eagles in the wild and up close in captivity - the gold is more accurate in a fully mature eagle. When the feathers have a whitish tone those are immature or not fully mature birds.

Depending on the gold you use you may need to add a little brown to it to get the hue right, and some white to cut the saturation to a soft pale gold.

Continue to use straight white for the highlights on the flight feathers.

- Matt
Last edited by DaVinciBrainchld; Oct 29, 2019 at 02:53 AM.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:36 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVinciBrainchld
Take it from a guy who has seen countless bald eagles in the wild and up close in captivity - the gold is more accurate in a fully mature eagle. When the feathers have a whitish tone those are immature or not fully mature birds.

Depending on the gold you use you may need to add a little brown to it to get the hue right, and some white to cut the saturation to a soft pale gold.

Continue to use straight white for the highlights on the flight feathers.

- Matt
like your comments Matt
metalic gold color can be a potential one without needing to add a little brown to it to get hue right because of metalic flakes contented.
thanks for the idea.
Sam
Oct 30, 2019, 02:58 AM
Glad to be of help Sam. :-) Always here to help.

- Matt

Quick Reply