Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Feb 10, 2016, 07:54 AM
Find More Posts by JUSS10B
Discussion

Another rock racer - WLToys A333 at Hobbyking

I don't have one of these nor was I asked to post this but this looks pretty cool and I don't see any other posts on it. I know there is a lot of hype on the feiyue FY03 rock racer. Hobbyking now has one. It's only in the international warehouse but maybe with time it will end up at the other warehouses. Costs a bit more than the other "cheap" rock racers but it looks a bit nicer. Still brushed but it is 1/10 scale and uses a 540 motor so it could easily be upgraded to regular 1/10 scale brushless motors and electronics.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...stem_RTR_.html
Last edited by JUSS10B; Feb 10, 2016 at 08:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2016, 08:33 AM

Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by MD Enforcer
I was JUST looking at this today. I wonder how it compares to my axial bomber.
Last edited by MD Enforcer; Feb 10, 2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:59 AM
I'm kind of exited about it. Its seems nicer than the 1/12 scale rock racer that people have been excited about and, its really not that much more. Probably 30-40 more when its all said and done.

I have some of the smaller WLToys trucks (1/18 4wd buggy) and I am quite impressed with the durability.

The fact that this has the two speed transmission and uses standard 1/10 scale electronics makes it much nicer than the smaller ones that need special motors and what not to upgrade. Its also about the third the price of the axial, twin hammers, yeti, etc.

I'm hoping HK will get it in the US warehouses. Maybe they'll run it in one of their sales.

Looking forward to seeing someone get one.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by JerryRigged
Born again RC'er
Looks very interesting... Radio seems pretty nice for a RTR. I wonder if there is a receiver that will work with it, so we could run a different ESC.

Be sure to check out the battery size, though -

Battery Tray: 35mm x 105mm or 50mm x 98mm

That is the same size as my 1:16 Trucigy SCT. I have some 2200mah 35c zippy compacts that would fit, but just barely.

When the HK pop-up offer came up, $119.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I saw the small battery compartment as well. Really the only concerning thing I saw.

I agree, it would be nice if there is receiver option to keep the radio. I would almost think there has to be as it seems like a programmable radio which usually means multiple models. I've never seen this radio before on a WLToys RTR. Anyone else seen one?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by hangtheman
Kid at heart..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSS10B View Post

The fact that this has the two speed transmission and uses standard 1/10 scale electronics makes it much nicer than the smaller ones that need special motors and what not to upgrade. Its also about the third the price of the axial, twin hammers, yeti, etc.
Looking at the pictures, it does not look like standard 1/10 electronics. The servo seem to be 5 wire and they plug into the esc so it appears to be a combo esc/receiver unit, like all their other proprietary electronics in their other cars.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:49 AM
Thats true, but what I meant by that is that it uses standard sized electronics. I should have been clearer about that. That means you could put a standard 1/10 540 sized motor in it and ESC. Yes, you would have to swap all the electronics out for standard servo, esc, receiver, motor but those are easier to find than 1/12 scale or 1/16 electronics like some of the other china site rock racers out there.

I agree, its a bummer that its the WLToys proprietary electronics but it is easier to upgrade than most of the cars that come like this.

I have to say though, if its as quick as my smaller WLToys model, I don't see the need to make an upgrade right away. The radio on this looks super nice and there is nothing wrong with running a brushed motor and the servos they include. I would probably only upgrade if the motor burns out or a servo get stripped.
Last edited by JUSS10B; Feb 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by Joexer
I own the Feiyue and I love it but this one with standard sized electronics looks good too. Only thing that worries me about this one is the battery tray dimensions. Feiyue is still king of sub $80 rigs, This could be better for higher budgets but below a vatterra or axial.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by DanHS
This one will go on my list of cars to keep an eye on, might pick one up if I see a sale or some deal on HK. Looks like typical WL Toys, decent build quality, decent brushed electronics, nicer transmitter though, that's new. If nothing else, it should be a fun backyard basher that won't be crazy fast, but should be pretty stable, so new drivers could enjoy it without flipping over or launching it into a tree.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by losi man
Suspended Account
id rather have the Original and not this Clone........ Twin Hammer..

http://www.vaterrarc.com/Products/De...rodID=VTR03000
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by DanHS
I would too, but I'm already looking to build two more cars to race, so I can't afford a Vaterra or Axial on top of that, and of course I know many just can't afford those at all, so the WL Toys is a welcome alternative.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHS View Post
I would too, but I'm already looking to build two more cars to race, so I can't afford a Vaterra or Axial on top of that, and of course I know many just can't afford those at all, so the WL Toys is a welcome alternative.
Thats how I feel. This hobby can get expensive fast but I just like to bash and have a good time in the backyard. I really love the design of the twin hammers or yeti trucks but its just out of my price range.

I posted on the HK facebook page to see if they would do a daily or product video on it. They always say to ask if you want to see something so who knows, maybe they will.

I'm a bit confused by the battery compartment. They give two different dimensions but both are 2 dimensional, not 3. They don't state how tall the pack can be.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by Mininitrohans
This seems to be that car but has a different number
알씨라이프 1월26일 WL toys K949 (1탄) 개봉및 세팅영상보기^^~♧ (9 min 8 sec)

알씨라이프 1월26일 WL toys K949 (2탄) 개봉및 세팅영상보기^^~♧ (3 min 57 sec)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 02:04 PM
sure enough, same buggy. Nice find.