Feb 10, 2016, 11:30 PM
Team E.F./Horizon/Castle/Pulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarth
cwojcik, You really think that it would make that much of a difference with 100G's on a plane this size?

Not trying to be a smart-a$$, I'm just wondering.

I'm still blown away by the video in this thread. Is that flown without one of the gyros/stabilisers that some have been using? Just asking because Ive been out of the 3D plane scene for a good 7-8 yrs. , things have changed! Becoming a father to two boysback to back put a serious hurtin on spending the weekends at the field and spending on toys for myself. I'm looking to get back into the scene now that the rugrats are older. This plane has me thinking, hard! Lots of new choices from my POV.
Weight matters, even at this size, especially when trying to get this level of performance from a scale airframe. No gyros or stabilizers, the plane is very locked in and stable in the air. Lots of work went into getting the design as best as it can be just like all the E.F. airframes and the end result is awesome. Every one of us that have flown the prototypes have been blown away!

Lee
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2016, 12:12 AM
Yea I bet the final design is gonna fly even better.
Feb 11, 2016, 06:26 AM
FREE VAPOR TRAILS
Thread OP
Quote:
cwojcik, You really think that it would make that much of a difference with 100G's on a plane this size?
An extra 100 grams smack dab on the CG will not make a big difference, but on the long nose of this airplane, will have a large effect on CG, so you may not be able to get it to balance.
Feb 11, 2016, 01:24 PM
subscribed. I want this airframe soooo bad.
Feb 11, 2016, 01:29 PM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailbonds
subscribed. I want this airframe soooo bad.
Just a couple more days!
Feb 11, 2016, 08:39 PM
Master Prop Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
An extra 100 grams smack dab on the CG will not make a big difference, but on the long nose of this airplane, will have a large effect on CG, so you may not be able to get it to balance.
Good point! That makes sense going back and looking at the plane. I may need to get the Torque. I had a Torque 28mm 800 something kv motor that I bought with my PA Katana MD when it first came out. That was a great motor until my ESC's FET got moisture on it and shorted, burning the motors coils with it ! Luckily, it was an easy motor to rewind and ended up better than when new.

I'd love to get this with floats! It would be perfect to fly from the Chesapeake on glassy smooth summer evenings. I can just imagine people's reaction seeing a tame looking plane suddenly doing a rolling harrier!
Feb 11, 2016, 09:13 PM
Quote:
I can just imagine people's reaction seeing a tame looking plane suddenly doing a rolling harrier!
That's going to be the most fun thing about this plane when flying at the field. "oh a beaver, nice scale pla.. what the?!?!?!"
Feb 11, 2016, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67
That's going to be the most fun thing about this plane when flying at the field. "oh just another cub.. what the?!?!?!"
+1 right there. The reaction of the old-timers at the float fly will be epic. Looks like a nice plane; I'm holding out for the bigger gas version as those big LiPo's are a little out of my range. But this thing looks awesome and if it flys half as good as it looks (which I am sure it will knowing Cody's designs) we are all in for a treat.

Feb 11, 2016, 09:20 PM
John
Quality 6S packs for this plane arn't expensive these days. A few years back, yes, but not now.
Feb 11, 2016, 10:02 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixus
+1 right there. The reaction of the old-timers at the float fly will be epic. Looks like a nice plane; I'm holding out for the bigger gas version as those big LiPo's are a little out of my range. But this thing looks awesome and if it flys half as good as it looks (which I am sure it will knowing Cody's designs) we are all in for a treat.

aw man...is there in fact a 30-40cc version on the near horizon?

I'd love to do a bushmaster with my VVRC 40 cylinder heads hanging out of that skinny nose!
Feb 11, 2016, 10:18 PM
Master Prop Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672
Quality 6S packs for this plane arn't expensive these days. A few years back, yes, but not now.
Yeah, that makes this even more attractive, plus high rate parallel charging means not as many packs. Compared to some years ago, lipos are priced so much better. I still remember paying $80-$90 for one Thunderpower 3300mAh 30c 3s pack! I'd buy four at a time without blinking! I can't believe I used to think that was acceptable! The bad thing is TP's prices haven't gone down much either. Good packs but expensive compared to the competition.

Whats a decent affordable servo for this? Id imagine that it doesnt take full size servo given the weight issues.
Last edited by chrisbarth; Feb 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM.
Feb 11, 2016, 10:29 PM
John
Yeah I used to buy TP and even Reedy 4s packs for $199 each back in my buggy days.
Feb 11, 2016, 10:59 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
My first ever lipo was a 3s 1320 Thunderpower. It was only 15c and cost me $110 at the local hobby shop!

Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Feb 11, 2016, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Whats a decent affordable servo for this? Id imagine that it doesnt take full size servo given the weight issues.
Recommended servos are mini's, so HS225/5245/7245

I've got six high voltage Savox SV-1250MG waiting for it.. I run these in my 64" MXS and love them.
Feb 11, 2016, 11:28 PM
John
1+ on the SV1250's. I'll be using the 7245's though only because I already have them.

Quick Reply