Feb 08, 2016, 09:58 AM
FPV & Rotorx Atom - Finally !
Thread OP
Discussion

OSD info on FPV headset vs. Telemetry info on Tx

complete newbie question

Scenario - I have an FPV quad, with OSD installed and FRSKY Rx. Flight info is seen on a compatible headset.

Would there be any advantage to having a transmitter with telemetry FRSKY mod, to have flight info displayed on the Tx ? Obviously, I wouldn't be able to see the display with a headset on ? would this just be a benefit for LOS flying ?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2016, 11:11 AM
I Bet your receiver doesn't send to your flight transmitter ?
Most receivers that send to your flight transmitter , will not send to goggles.
DanT
I could be wrong .. LOL
Like me L9R receiver will send Rssi to goggles but not to my flight transmitter ..
On my FrSky I have the flight transmitter set to talk to me when Rssi number hits 50 and below .
So I hear it with my goggles on...
Best of both world's .
Last edited by DanT; Feb 08, 2016 at 11:58 AM.
Feb 12, 2016, 10:02 AM
yeah,
you get focused on not running into trees and stuff and forget about your RSSI and voltage levels.

It's nice to have an auditory queue (telemetry) telling you to "pay attention dummy" when your numbers start to get critical. Other than that no real advantage.
Last edited by parajared; Feb 12, 2016 at 10:07 AM.
Feb 12, 2016, 10:09 AM
Also its a nice way to lose a little bit of weight on your quad. A telemetry rx is lighter than an OSD module in most cases depending on what you want to monitor.
Feb 12, 2016, 12:25 PM
FPV & Rotorx Atom - Finally !
Thread OP
Thanks for the replies gang... very helpful !
Feb 12, 2016, 02:16 PM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
yeah,
you get focused on not running into trees and stuff and forget about your RSSI and voltage levels.

It's nice to have an auditory queue (telemetry) telling you to "pay attention dummy" when your numbers start to get critical. Other than that no real advantage.
Yep, the Taranis Audio alerts are great. I use Battery Voltage low/critical and RSSI low/critical.
Also use a micro minimOSD to see actual value when the Ambler in the Taranis talks.

One of the best feature of the minimOSD is being able to adjust PIDs, Rates and Expos with stick commands and the goggle's display. I would put a minimOSD in my quads just for that feature.

Quick Reply