Feb 05, 2016, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
Question

Servos for a 68 inch Electric?

I have been flying electric planes with 60 inch wing spans and less. It has been a while since I flew anything bigger. I have used Hitecs for many years but have not kept up with the new kinds of servos available now days. Reading through threads daily I see a lot of servo types mentioned but would like help in getting me to zero in on what servo would best fit my needs for this 68 inch 3D type plane. Money is an issue to a degree so I am not looking for the best thing out there.
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2016, 02:39 PM
Fully Sending It
Does the manual give you recommendations for servos? Would be difficult to give you a recommendation for a servo without having a guide in mind, but typically a 3D airplane of this size would use standard size servos (I have a 70" Slick that I use HS-7954's in) in the ~200 oz/in range.
Feb 05, 2016, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Yes, servos recommended around 150 oz/in. This is the older 68 inch Velox I am getting ready to put together. Used many 7954's through the years and apppreciated their perfection being used in 35% and 45% planes. Wondered if i could get nearer to that 150 oz/in and save a few bucks. I am not hard on a plane, just do the IMAC patterns looking for the perfect loop or hammerhead etc. for fun Thanks.
Feb 05, 2016, 04:19 PM
Fully Sending It
I'd recommend the Hitec D-645MW on HV then, very precise and smooth servo that wont break the bank.
Feb 05, 2016, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
I'd recommend the Hitec D-645MW on HV then, very precise and smooth servo that wont break the bank.
Now that impresses me. I am going to give them a try, Thanks.
Last edited by Hoosier37; Feb 05, 2016 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply