May 18, 2016, 10:57 AM
John
Nice, any status on the float kit for the TBM?
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2016, 11:51 AM
ExtremeFlightRC.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672
Nice, any status on the float kit for the TBM?
A few on the same shipment.
May 18, 2016, 02:01 PM
John
Cool, I don't recall seeing any prototypes of the TBM floats.
May 23, 2016, 07:06 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
I will be on the phone in the AM:-) looking forward to picking up a duster and float kit!
May 24, 2016, 12:10 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
You won't be sorry! This has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
May 24, 2016, 09:17 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
You won't be sorry! This has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

McD
I'm sure! sold my 85" cub that I've been float flying, and looking forward to having a proper 3D farm tractor! Plan on detailing it like the big boy and getting the floats as soon as available.
May 24, 2016, 09:58 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Can't wait to see it.
May 24, 2016, 10:14 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Yeah!! Going to patina it, and go a bit crazy
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; May 30, 2016 at 09:34 AM.
May 26, 2016, 11:01 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
What's the deal with the "low pitch" note I keep seeing? when referring to the 16 x 7 PjN prop. I noticed In the float flying video, the 16 inch prop catches the water without elevator input. I did order a 16 x 7 PJn with the plane, but I also have some 15x8 pjn's that I thought would be the perfect application when using the floats. It sounds like they're recommending against it?
May 26, 2016, 01:33 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
The 16x7 prop is the recommended prop. In the float video I was flying a 15x6E APC prop because I broke my 16x7 and couldn't get a replacement before our club float fly. I'm sure the 16x7 would fly just fine on the floats. You can see that I didn't hold any up elevator on my first float takeoff, so I got some prop spray. With a little up, you can hold the nose up till the plane gets up on step and then you can relax the elevator, or keep it in and get off the water quicker.

McD
May 26, 2016, 05:32 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ok?
A few notes that are worth mentioning about the plane.. Especially if you're on the fence about buying one?

The wing is a work of art! The undersides of the shaped wing tips, are amazing in person,and I'm sure boost performance immensely. The wings airfoil is monstrous with reinforcements in all the right places. The Elevator alone is 3'8" wide, and the details are definitely up to Extreme Flights standard!
The plane comes with a yellow EF spinner. Not sure why it's listed in the options as a add on? Don't click yes to that option, or you'll end up with two like I did . Other than that, I'm very happy with the quality, and purchase
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; May 27, 2016 at 01:47 AM.
May 30, 2016, 09:27 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
I'm really surprised that's there is not much buzz around this plane??
Rather than just build the plane, have some fun, and sell it.. like I usually do ;-) I decided to put a ton of extra effort into the aesthetics of my duster. I'll be getting the floats as soon as available. I plan on this plane being my workhorse and a keeper!
I'm ordering Custom graphics at B&E(shark teeth a must). I have a very skilled friend custom painting a pilot figure, and I will be doing all of the worn, and patina detailing myself. I'm having a really hard time finding a windshield wiper? may have to fabricate it from scratch..I'm planning on making my duster as scale looking as possible. True farm tractor!! I'm using this hundred inch scratch build as inspiration.
May 30, 2016, 02:52 PM
Keep us posted.
May 30, 2016, 05:07 PM
Builder of flying things
Loved the review Mike! Makes me want one! Enjoyed hanging out with you at SEFF

Jim B
May 31, 2016, 08:32 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
I really enjoyed the visiting at SEFF this year. Mighty soggy flying, but great times with great friends. That's what this hobby is really all about.

I plan to bring the Float Duster next year, providing gravity and dumb thumbs don't intervene in the mean time.

McD

Quick Reply