May 28, 2018, 08:45 PM
flyin' Dude
For those interested in a little history of the planes that inspired this model, here’s an article on the man himself, Leland Snow: https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/great-planes/
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2018, 09:31 PM
flyin' Dude

New Arrival!

Well I know most of you early adopters have probably worn yours out by now but Iím happy to finally have one. Will be awhile before I build it, but I did check it out and everything looks good with no apparent damage. I have most of what I need from a deceased 3DHS Extra (R. I. P. ) so just a matter of finding time to build it.
Jun 04, 2018, 07:10 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
You’re in for a real treat! Mine is still a head turner every time I take it out to the field.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jun 04, 2018, 02:51 PM
flyin' Dude
Off to a bad start: no wing tube, no spinner, missing one of the fill-in pieces for the tail. Somehow I didnít notice this last night when I first unpacked.

Their voice mailbox is full and theyíre not taking calls. Email sent so hopefully they take care of me. Phil
Jun 04, 2018, 03:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
There would not be a spinner (there never are in Extreme Flight kits). and the wing tube is in the wing bags or taped to the inside top of the box more than likely. This is a common practice. Or if there is a cardboard divider, check to see if it is taped to the bottom of that. As to the filler piece, if it is not somewhere in the box or one of the bags, it is just a piece of balsa and easily made.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 04, 2018, 05:51 PM
flyin' Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
There would not be a spinner (there never are in Extreme Flight kits). and the wing tube is in the wing bags or taped to the inside top of the box more than likely. This is a common practice. Or if there is a cardboard divider, check to see if it is taped to the bottom of that. As to the filler piece, if it is not somewhere in the box or one of the bags, it is just a piece of balsa and easily made.

SteveT.
This is a picture of what was included with this plane before. In this thread, it is clearly stated more than once that the spinner was included. And I know what a wing tube looks like and how to find one - itís not there. I understand youíre a fan and defender of EF (so am I ), but there are parts missing from this box that others have received in the past. And of course I need a wing tube. Phil
Jun 04, 2018, 06:03 PM
Never mind... not worth the effort..

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Jun 05, 2018 at 12:53 AM.
Jun 06, 2018, 04:12 PM
My Duster is also still alive, but meanwhile new floats were needed - the idea with the wheel-inlays wasn't the best
I have reinforced the ribs of the new floats with gfk strips from the fixing points to the ground, and they are now tight
Now it is about 300g lighter than before, and it is still my favorite rc model, because it flies ( and lands!) simply perfect, and looks very nice in the air.
Greets, klaus

edit: and it is a survivor, the repair of the tree-landing was done at one evening
Last edited by cologne4711; Jun 06, 2018 at 04:36 PM.
Jun 08, 2018, 04:26 PM
Mine just arrived! I got the float as well. Those of you flying on floats; are you having any issues with the wood props? I've always been told wood props and float flying is a no no. But I just returned from my local hobby shop where I learned that APC doesn't make a 16x7. That explains why Extreme Flight only offers the Xoar and Falcon wood props. Now I wish I would have ordered the prop with the plane from EF.
Jun 09, 2018, 04:22 AM
Hello shudson,
not every start on water is perfect, and i could imagine that a wooden prop could brake at situations like this

https://youtu.be/2tvvaHEF2Sg?t=3m45s

But i dont't have experience with wooden prop on my duster,i have an APC 16x8 plastic on it - still the first
- just my 2cents, many pilots fly wooden props on their floatplanes...

klaus
Jun 20, 2018, 03:06 PM
CA...gimme the CA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
There would not be a spinner (there never are in Extreme Flight kits)

SteveT.
Hey I don't want to be contrary or argumentative...especially since I don't really care for spinners and I don't plan on using one with the Duster.

But fastphil is correct about the spinner...at least in relation to the kit shown at the start of this thread. It shows the spinner clearly in the pic, and it's also item #7 in the reviewer's list of kit contents (52mm spinner).

I just find it kinda odd that the reviewer's kit has one, when it's obviously not included in anything that's shipping currently.
Jun 20, 2018, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whowhatwhere
Hey I don't want to be contrary or argumentative...especially since I don't really care for spinners and I don't plan on using one with the Duster.

But fastphil is correct about the spinner...at least in relation to the kit shown at the start of this thread. It shows the spinner clearly in the pic, and it's also item #7 in the reviewer's list of kit contents (52mm spinner).

I just find it kinda odd that the reviewer's kit has one, when it's obviously not included in anything that's shipping currently.
It is included with what's currently shipping. I just order the Turbo Duster a few weeks ago and it came with a spinner. I also ordered one with my order thinking I would need it and now have two spinners.
Jun 20, 2018, 03:31 PM
Guys... I apologize, as noted, none of the over thirty 3DHS or Extreme Flight planes (including the Turbo Bush Master) have built have had spinners included, so, I did speak out of turn. I would have gone back and deleted my post, but as it had been quoted, deleting it would not do any good, it would still be there for guys to get ticked off about..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 20, 2018, 03:35 PM
No hard feelings what so ever! It's all good. The spare is hanging on my wall as I'll need one someday. I certainly wasn't blaming anyone, just making note of how mine came.

Scott
Jun 21, 2018, 04:48 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthudson
Mine just arrived! I got the float as well. Those of you flying on floats; are you having any issues with the wood props? I've always been told wood props and float flying is a no no. But I just returned from my local hobby shop where I learned that APC doesn't make a 16x7. That explains why Extreme Flight only offers the Xoar and Falcon wood props. Now I wish I would have ordered the prop with the plane from EF.
My Duster is running a eflite power60B, itís stuffed in there, but allowed me to swing a master airscrew 3 blade and custom cut true turn spinner. It not only looks good, but it works great! Super quite and sounds like a turbo prop at WFO! Canít wait to finish building my floats
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jun 21, 2018 at 04:53 AM.

Quick Reply