March 12th , 2016. Indoor fun-fly in southeastern Pa. - RC Groups
Feb 02, 2016, 07:52 PM
I like foam
Fly-In

March 12th , 2016. Indoor fun-fly in southeastern Pa.

We're pleased to announce that North Penn High School in Lansdale PA, 19446 is hosting another indoor fun-fly this March 12th, 2016. I am aware that the there’s an annual flea market scheduled for that same date again. Unfortunately, this date was open when I booked it. We are grateful for getting an event in this year, and hope for a good turnout. There's a $5 discount after attending our event and the CPAA event. Show us your hand stamp from the event.

Our event will take place in two of the high school’s gyms, with the divider removed between them. It is a large flying space. The ceiling is approximately 30ft high. The gyms share the long edge of the basketball court.

GYM DIMENSIONS (both opened): 175ft Wide x 105ft Deep

Google Map of School
Approximate time/distance from locations:
2.1 miles from the Lansdale exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia
30 minutes south of Quakertown
100 minutes east of Harrisburg

TIME: 9am until 4pm (pilot registration starts at 8:45am)
PILOT COST: a $10 cash only donation to the club lets you fly all day. Grade school pilots 18 and under fly for free. *If you attended the CPAA event too, pilot cost is only $5. Make sure you have your hand stamped.
SPECTATOR COST: Free
BRING: AMA highly encouraged; limited A/C power, but we will have power cords out.
EVENTS: TBA, We're planning on something... not sure what yet.
REQUIRED: 2.4GHz. If it's a problem contact me, voichemg@npenn.org

We have enough flight line for 10-12 active pilots.
15 minute rotations of: micro only, open (no 3D), 3D, micro helis & micro quads (these could change, but it's likely to happen as such).

ROOM: Approximately 30 tables with chairs will be set up in a “U” shape around the flying area. Table availability is first come first serve. Maximum of one table per person. However, we encourage sharing! Chairs will be provided. Electricity is limited, but there. Bring an extension cord. Pilots can inhabit the bleachers as well.

PILOT REGISTRATION: is available on our website after February 9th. It's optional, but helps us plan. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LZ1...?usp=send_form

VENDORS: Vendors are welcome for the event. Contact voichemg@npenn.org if you're interested. (We'd love donations to raffle instead of a vendor entrance fee).

We have our friends from Hobby Hut RC in Audubon Pa.
Name: logo_site_02_1431091658__86773.png
Views: 43
Size: 34.2 KB
Description:

SPONSORS: We are looking for sponsors for the event at any level you can assist us. Our club is entirely self-funded, and we depend on this event to keep us going. $50 and up, $25 to 50, and $25-10. Contact voichemg@npenn.org if you would like to sponsor us.

GOLD LEVEL SPONSORS
Anonymous donation of $200 from a friend of the club.

From down south, Castle Creations is supporting our event.
Name: castle.jpg
Views: 46
Size: 21.9 KB
Description:

Main Street Fence, from North Wales, Pa.
Name: logo.png
Views: 39
Size: 26.5 KB
Description:
http://www.mainstreetfence.com/

FOOD: We may have food that day, but we're unsure. There are places (Italian Delite, WAWA, McDonalds, grocery store) across the street where you can purchase food.
Last edited by mikeythev; Mar 14, 2016 at 07:18 AM. Reason: updating VENDOR additions
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2016, 03:09 PM
I like foam
Hobby Hut RC from Audubon Pa just confirmed attendance at our event. We are very excited to have them join us.
Feb 26, 2016, 03:04 PM
I like foam

additional vendors

We are excited to announce that Castle Creations just confirmed a vendor donation!
Feb 28, 2016, 10:32 AM
Greetings!!!! Really looking forward to the fun fly as always! I need to start building and getting some of the foamy stuff airworthy..
Mar 11, 2016, 08:04 PM
I like foam
We will have some food for lunch on Saturday. Dogs and Chips, water and Iced Tea. Hopefully no one goes hungry.