Feb 02, 2016, 08:39 AM
ET
Thread OP
Contest

Delaware DLG Contest May 14th and 15th 2016!

Silent Knights Soaring Society

Spring Fling 2016

Saturday and Sunday: May 14th and 15th

The Silent Knights are back with more F3K excitement, camaraderie and fun, fun, fun. So mark your calendars for the second weekend in May, the weekend after Mother's Day weekend.

Spring Fling 2016 will be located at our immaculately maintained flying field situated in Delaware’s White Clay Creek State Park. Everyone who sees our field falls in love with it; some people join our club on the spot just to be able to fly here. Check out the interactive photo taken by our resident photographer extraordinaire John Kirchstein at our annual ESL Thermal Duration contest.

And now camping is allowed on the field. Hooray!!

Awards will be given for Expert and Sportsman as well as hearty congratulations and bragging rights for Novice . Team Select points, USA F3K Tour points (attendance permitting) and ESL points all towards your yearly standings. AMA sanctioned and, most importantly, our universally acclaimed luncheon will be provided.

Après contest libations will convene at McGlynns Pub on Saturday night, just minutes from the field.

As a college town, Newark has a lot of motels. The Super 8 on Main Street is only six minutes from our field. The Rodeway Inn on South College Avenue is only twelve minutes from the field. Or... check out some other hotels in the area.

As a college town, Newark also suffers from an embarrassment of restaurants. The Deer Park Tavern, Home Grown Cafe, and Iron Hill Brewery are only some of the delightful establishments awaiting your patronage.

Register here with the ESL .

Directions to the field. Use the navigation window to the left of the screen to get directions.

Questions? Contact the CD, Eric Teder.
Last edited by eteet; Feb 15, 2016 at 07:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2016, 08:44 AM
ET
Thread OP

Flitzebogen Raffle!

Hi Guys,

In the never ending quest for operating funds the Silent Knights Soaring Society is having a raffle to coincide with our Spring Fling hand launched glider contest.

We are raffling a Flitzebogen kit. This is the kit and the bag of extras such as screws, control horns and such. No push rods, wing bags or electronics. Shipping and insurance are included to any destination in the continental US.

The tickets are $50 each and we are only selling 40. The limited number of tickets will give everyone a decent chance at winning. Anyone is eligible, you don't have to attend the contest to buy a ticket. All proceeds beyond the cost of the model will be donated to the SKSS to help with expenses.

The raffle will end at noon on May 13th, the Friday before the contest. We will have the drawing on Saturday morning. If the tickets sell out early we will have the drawing early and speed the kit along to the lucky winner.

Interested in getting in on a chance to win a world class HLG? Surf on over to EventBrite and get started.

Eric
Last edited by eteet; Apr 19, 2016 at 09:08 AM.
Feb 03, 2016, 06:19 AM
Thermal Hunter
I'm in
Feb 04, 2016, 06:42 PM
I'm actually kind of nice?
Surf fest 2016! Wouldn't miss it.
Feb 04, 2016, 07:57 PM
ET
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinhlg
Surf fest 2016! Wouldn't miss it.
Ah, the original "tree pimper". Welcome aboard!!
Feb 04, 2016, 07:59 PM
I am but a padawan. The true master "Barnes" is much more of a challenge to draw out.
Feb 04, 2016, 09:32 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I won't be able to come, as I must go and win IHLGF on the same weekend. At least that's the plan for now
Feb 10, 2016, 05:31 AM
ET
Thread OP
Oleg, you should come to Delaware. It'll be a lot easier for you to win Spring Fling than IHLGF.

Eric
Feb 10, 2016, 12:41 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Eric, thanks, I like that thought
But I am already committed to the trip to Poway...
Last edited by olgol; Apr 04, 2016 at 04:18 PM.
Feb 10, 2016, 11:57 PM
G_T
G_T
Hmmm, is camping allowed hanging from the trees?
Feb 12, 2016, 10:39 PM
ET
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_T
Hmmm, is camping allowed hanging from the trees?
Absolutely!
Feb 26, 2016, 01:45 PM
ET
Thread OP
We're up to six pilots, not a bad start!

If you are planning on coming feel free to sign up.

Eric
Feb 26, 2016, 02:23 PM
Feb 26, 2016, 04:22 PM
ET
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinhlg
Yeah Baby!!
Feb 26, 2016, 06:17 PM
I'm in.

Quick Reply