Jan 31, 2016, 10:41 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Volantex Vector 28 Binding Problems

Last edited by MCSULY; Sep 17, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2016, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Feb 02, 2016, 08:23 PM
Seeing as how no-one else wants to talk to you, I'll put in my 5 cents worth. I'm probably wrong but.........

If there was anything wrong with the binding you wouldn't be achieving as much as you are.

With the loss of connection and the flashing light it looks to me as if you're getting a 'brown out' condition where the motor is drawing enough current from the battery to drop the voltage below the receiver's drop-out level. As the battery recovers, the receiver rebinds.

Check this by putting a multimeter across the battery (an analog meter would be better for this than a digital one - I won't go too far as to why) and look for a drop in voltage when you gun the motor.

If this is the case, you either have a faulty motor (drawing too much current), a faulty battery (unable to supply sufficient current) or a high resistance connector (poor soldering or corrosion) in the battery/receiver line.

If the battery is the problem, it may be relieved to some degree by putting a capacitor across the battery line to the receiver similar to:

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM1600

I may be barking up the wrong tree but this is where I'd start looking.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong
Feb 02, 2016, 09:51 PM
Thread OP
Feb 02, 2016, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Feb 02, 2016, 10:16 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Smith
Seeing as how no-one else wants to talk to you...

It's not a situation of not wanting to talk. I help wherever I think I can prove useful, but I won't speak up if I have nothing to offer. This boat is new to me

I hope your suggestion leads to success. Looks like good advice.

Recent events DO give me something to suggest now though. Check the transmitter!

I had a Steerix micro boat fail recently, the throttle staying full on and the rudder not working. The boat had lost a hatch and sunk recently, so I thought it's RX was bad from water damage. Nope. those are sealed waterproof.

Turns out it was the TRANSMITTER that had issues. The boat works fine when tried with a TX from another identical boat. How about that?

One more point. What size/capacity battery are you using? A too-small-in-output lipo may cause an ESC to cut the throttle.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Feb 02, 2016 at 10:23 PM.
Feb 03, 2016, 04:56 AM
Sorry AirDOGGe, I was just being flippant.
Feb 03, 2016, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSULY
So i'm assuming i either have a faulty battery or need a high resistance connector.
It certainly looks as if the battery is faulty.

A high resistance connector is a bad thing.
Sep 17, 2019, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
Sep 17, 2019, 08:14 PM
For some reason every one of MCSULY's post are blank.
Sep 18, 2019, 12:13 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Oddly enough, he seems to have come back today after all this time to erase them, according to info on his member page. I've seen stranger things here.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:02 AM
20M northeast of Hell Mi
Maybe he is a "double naught spy" and the government " burned " him?
Latest blog entry: Blog

Quick Reply