Turnigy $5 balance charger for 2s/3s lipos - RC Groups
Jan 31, 2016, 10:54 AM
FPV Made Easy
Mini-Review

Turnigy $5 balance charger for 2s/3s lipos

This isn't a new product, but when I was getting into RC/FPV and first considered buying this, I couldn't find any reviews or comments on it. So, I thought I'd make a short video and leave it here, detailing my positive experiences with this charger. I've used it on 800 mAh batteries and up to 5200 mAh batteries for my large FPV craft.

$5 Balance Charger for 2s/3s Lipos (1 min 13 sec)

I've used this for 2 years and I've had no issues with it. I actually leave it plugged into the wall, so it's always on, and hasn't overheated or stopped working. It charges at a rate of 850 (or so) mAh, which is fine for me, because I can plug my battery in and then leave it for several hours, then come back and swap out another one. If you're looking to charge several packs simultaneously and quickly then this probably isn't for you. But, if you're like me, and aren't spending an entire day at a club field, and charge your batteries at home while you're doing other things, then this charger is worth its $5. It takes 12V DC input, so any old power source with that output will work. I used one from an old Wifi router or indoor fan.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply