Jan 31, 2016, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pool Leaf Skimmer

Hey guys, recently I have been trying to come up with a DIY solution to a problem I have been having with my pool. The leaves have taken over and I needed to get rid of them. I have already made a frame out of some EPS foam and some wooden dowels that very similarly resembles this ( http://www.amazon.com/Dunn-Rite-Skim...ct_top?ie=UTF8 ) but I don't know what to use for electronics. I already am planning to get the FlySky FS-I6 radio transmitter for another project and would like to be able to use that for this one. Speed is really not a concern as long as it moves. The cheaper the better! Thanks for your suggestions, and bye!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2016, 09:49 AM
Closed Account
//////
Last edited by Dennis Manning; Jan 31, 2016 at 01:32 PM. Reason: mine was to easy.
Jan 31, 2016, 12:31 PM
Grumpa Tom

(2 min 15 sec)

(2 min 30 sec)
Latest blog entry: Felony
Jan 31, 2016, 12:53 PM
Submarine or Target?
Nice rig, KMOT.

What is it with these beagles barking continuously at RC boats? Livvy does the same thing, tail wagging and appearing happy but barking non-stop.
Jan 31, 2016, 06:14 PM
Grumpa Tom
Haha, in the case of my Beagle it is due to how she chases and barks at RC trucks. This is a game we play daily, and how I exercise her. So I guess she figures she should chase and bark at an RC boat as well!
Latest blog entry: Felony
Feb 01, 2016, 07:00 PM
Excess Ballast
Not nearly as much fun, but something wrong with the good old net on the end of a pole?

On the other hand, this would be a fun Aurdino/RaspberryPI protect to get it automated. A few ultrasonic beacons around the pool for triangulating position, a bit of programming to run throttle and rudder...

Man some of my high school projects would have been so much cooler if I had the goodies we have now 20+ years later.
Feb 01, 2016, 07:47 PM
Looks good. I had a 12' diameter 'test facility' set up in the back yard, which apparently created an attraction for the leaves of everyone else's trees.

While watching video 1, I noticed that it was doing a great job on the floating leaves, but was passing over those pesky ones on the bottom. However, video two showed that it does a pretty good job on the sunken leaves when the scoop is in the bottom position. I noticed the scoop moving in video 2. Are you controlling it by Radio?

In any event, it looks like a fun project and another good reason to build a Springer type vessel.

Pete G.
Feb 01, 2016, 08:59 PM
Good use for the Springers! Was waiting for your dog to jump in and bring it to shore.

The scoop - a commercial type?
Feb 02, 2016, 12:34 AM
20M northeast of Hell Mi
Cut down the trees and take your boats out to the ponds
Latest blog entry: Blog

Quick Reply