Jan 29, 2016, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
Question

Just wanted to say hi

Ive been a lurker on here for a while

Currently putting together a parts list for my first custom build.
200mm Lightweight FPV quad

What control would you guys recommend as far as a good value?

The only thing M Sure of is I want a Mode 2 controller because its what I'm used to

Ive read the 9xr Pro from turnigy is good for the money, What do you guys think? I plan on using the control for future projects

I currently am using a Hubsan control and I read they are proprietary so Ill need to buy something more universal.

Thanks for your time!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2016, 01:22 PM
Welcome six-sigma.
The 9xr is well liked but the Taranis is light years ahead.
More reliable, versatile and better quality.
At a price though.

Andy.
Jan 30, 2016, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPG
Welcome six-sigma.
The 9xr is well liked but the Taranis is light years ahead.
More reliable, versatile and better quality.
At a price though.

Andy.
Andy thanks so much !

Looks like The Taranis will be my goal.
I didnt realize the 9XR didnt come with battery tx and rx

I will look for a trustworthy place to purchase the Taranis
Cheers
Feb 16, 2016, 01:34 PM
yorky
you should also look at flysky t6 or i6 also turnagy i6 radio tx rx combo.
Feb 16, 2016, 02:27 PM
Paramotor&racing MR enthusiast
Hi
Feb 16, 2016, 02:38 PM
Welcome!

The radio system is going to be the most important choice you make when starting in this or any RC hobby. It is best to invest wisely by doing your research andsetting a dollar point of what you want to spend. If you are sure you are going to be in the hobby in some way for a long time then buy a radio you can grow with. IE:Taranis Be aware there is a much larger learning curve on these more advanced controllers.

if you are just starting out and you are not sure if rc is your thing or you have a small hobby budget then a starter radio might be something to consider. A I6 or T6 are both excellent, I suggest the I6 because its range is supposed to be better.
The most important thing is to thoroughly research the product you want to buy, look at some youtube vids for how to's, and if it's hobby related it probably already has its own dedicated thread here on the forums. Best way to find those is to use google.

Quick Reply