This thread is privately moderated by pittsartist, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 29, 2016, 05:49 PM
Propellorhead
Thread OP
Discussion

Another RV Aero's Vid

Just realised I never posted this 'Vid. Much the same as the last one - you can hopefully see a little progression in technique since this earlier flight. I loved the bit at the end swooping through the clouds - the RV is great for this - so fast

(6 min 51 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2016, 05:17 PM
Waste Nothing
Wish that I had the constituion to 'hold my lunch' for some of these manouvers . Do you have any 'vortex generators' installed within a camera's view ? Just wondering about the negative Gs mate . Looks waaaaaay too cool . I always wanted to do this kinda stuff when I used to fly full scale .
Feb 01, 2016, 04:05 AM
Propellorhead
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC_RCAV8R
Wish that I had the constituion to 'hold my lunch' for some of these manouvers . Do you have any 'vortex generators' installed within a camera's view ? Just wondering about the negative Gs mate . Looks waaaaaay too cool . I always wanted to do this kinda stuff when I used to fly full scale .
No, there's no vortex Generators - It's pretty much a "stock" RV-6 with a (cheap) metal, fixed prop, inverted oil and fuel injection.

In theory it's cleared for +6 / -3. I'm pretty happy with +6, but the -3 end of things is not somewhere I feel the urge to explore just yet.

For now I'm just impressed and happy that it seems to fly upside down fairly well - hours of fun to be had with this alone. I just wish I'd fitted "Hooker" ratchet harnesses - struggling to get the harness tight enough as is.

The other slightly comic faults were the key ring rattling in the ignition (you can see me flapping @ 1.32 when I hear something loose and start trying to figure out what it is). The other thing was the ipad (used for navigation) which at first used to turn the right way up as you go upside down - made it impossible to navigate with.
Last edited by pittsartist; Feb 01, 2016 at 04:11 AM.

Quick Reply