Jan 29, 2016, 12:43 PM
Honourary Canadian and Frisian
Thread OP
Discussion

Decapitated Gladiators Reveal Roman Empire's Genetic Influence

Quote:
DNA from seven decapitated skeletons thought to be gladiators is helping researchers unravel the gruesome origins of the ancient remains. The new findings suggest that the Roman Empire's genetic impact on Britain may not have been as large as researchers had thought.
Interesting story...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/decapitat...124229005.html
Last edited by Sonny McGhee; Jan 29, 2016 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Forgot link
Jan 29, 2016, 01:07 PM
One more flight...
Is there a story link?
Jan 29, 2016, 01:21 PM
A book I recently read on DNA testing in the British isles, "Saxons, Vikings, and Celts: The Genetic Roots of Britain and Ireland" also indicated minimum influence from the Roman occupation. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ie=UTF8&btkr=1

The UK etc seems to be a hot bed of DNA research revealing very interesting things.
Jan 29, 2016, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashD
Is there a story link?
I must be losing my mind, that's twice in two days I've done that.....

I edited the OP.
Jan 29, 2016, 01:44 PM
Whirled Peas
There's a name for when you start forgetting everyday stuff, but I just can't recall the word ...
Jan 29, 2016, 01:50 PM
Eye of The Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
There's a name for when you start forgetting everyday stuff, but I just can't recall the word ...
It's called being Trumped.
Jan 29, 2016, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
Me neither, but I've got more and more sticky notes plastered all over everything the older I get.
Jan 29, 2016, 02:05 PM
One more flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
I must be losing my mind, that's twice in two days I've done that.....

I edited the OP.
Thanks, I was curious if it was related to a find I had read about previously. It appears to be a different find than that one.
Jan 29, 2016, 03:31 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
One of them came from Syria, the rest were locals, looks like there is nothing new with refugees coming from the Middle East to the UK.

We are a mongrel country, every few years a new lot of people come in and add something to the mix, it is what made us great and will help us continue, staying the same and isolating yourself from the outside world is a short cut to stagnation.
Jan 29, 2016, 06:45 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
One of them came from Syria, the rest were locals, looks like there is nothing new with refugees coming from the Middle East to the UK.

We are a mongrel country, every few years a new lot of people come in and add something to the mix, it is what made us great and will help us continue, staying the same and isolating yourself from the outside world is a short cut to stagnation.
You can say that for all of Europe. They tried many times over the last 2000 years, never really succeeded, to prevent others to come in.
Its new live blood.
Jan 29, 2016, 08:52 PM
Clever quip goes here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Me neither, but I've got more and more sticky notes plastered all over everything the older I get.
Like this?
Jan 29, 2016, 09:14 PM
Thread OP
Lol... looks like my den!

Quick Reply