This thread is privately moderated by TommyClancy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 29, 2016, 12:05 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Help!

Nigeria scratchbuilt radio controlled helicopter at home by tommyclancy

Hi,my name is tomiwa olatunji a.k.a tommyclancy,am still in secondary school, located at ogijo,ogun state,nigeria.Here is an explanation of my scratch built flybarless rc helicopter am unable to finish it due to lack of some rc heli materials but to cut a long story short.I started fabricating some part for the rc heli body with some aluminium sheet instead of fiberglass,i prefer using aluminium because it absorb vibration and easy to cut bore holes in it.
Before cutting my design,a first i couldnt figure what to construct so, i decided to search for rc helicopter frames on google and download some of the picture.
Every night i looked at those pics i couldnt figure the one i can construct because of the servo space,i haven't see a servo before thats why i couldn't construct that.Then i think of what do and i decided on constructing my own frame.Now i have built my helicopter.The main problem is the electronic part.please if you read this blog i would want you to help and it is for the sake of tomorrow.I am so young to the extent that i havent start to earn money for my self.please can you help me import the electronic parts to my house.
LOCATION:19,molatori street off iyana school rd.,ogijo,ogun state Nigeria.I would appreciate it if you can helr and your generations shall be bless....you can add me on [email protected] olatunji(tommyclancy)
Last edited by TommyClancy; Feb 21, 2016 at 01:52 PM. Reason: To invite more people and to recieve help from them
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2016, 06:26 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Great, Tommy! Looking forward to seeing your build.

If you do a Google search for "Nigerian homebuilt helicopter," you'll see a lot of your countrymen's attempts to actually build helicopters out of automotive engines and scrap metal. Very inspiring. Good luck with yours and post pictures when you're done!
Jan 29, 2016, 06:33 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Thanks.As long as am through with the gathering of materials to build my rc heli fully i will start uploading it here.Although have fabricated some parts all i nid is tx and rx,servo,esc,li po battery and others which can be fabricated.pls how do i post picture here
Last edited by TommyClancy; Jan 29, 2016 at 06:49 PM.
Jan 29, 2016, 08:30 PM
Pronoun trouble...
You should be able to post a picture in edit mode. There's a window at the bottom of the page which allows you to post a picture. Looking forward to seeing your new chopper!
Jan 30, 2016, 09:58 AM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Ok thanks
Jan 30, 2016, 10:16 AM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
am working on the swashplate with someparts gotten from dvd also i will be using shaft to power the tail.the blade is made from wood cus it is durable and light weight.
Jan 30, 2016, 02:22 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
Please tell me in full how do i post pics here am dying to post my rc heli pics
Feb 13, 2016, 05:24 PM
Tomiwa
Thread OP
i started chiselling the heli frame out and shaped it into a good and firm shape

Quick Reply