Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor

New Micro 25mW 5.8GHz Video Tx and Camera with Raceband (SPMVA2510)

Horizon has released a new micro FPV cam and RCG has one!

Splash

An all-in-one cam for close FPV flying.

I'm in the planning stages of my sub .55 pound FPV wing. The trick with a lightweight bird like this is finding parts that are small and light. While visiting the offices of Horizon I got my hands on their new VA2510 micro FPV cam. I have had small first-person-video cameras like this in the past but this one looks tough and everything is in a nice neat package. This will be riding on my sub .55 pound FPV!

The price is $114.99. That might sound high but this is usually the price range of light weigh video camera/transmitters in this size.

Here is the Info from Horizon

The VA2510 FPV camera is perfect for use in quad racers and surface vehicles where extra protection from shock and the elements is required. It has a built-in 25mw transmitter that offers plenty of range and is compatible with all 5.8GHz Fat Shark headsets.

The camera and 25mw, 5.8GHz transmitter are housed in a protective shell that's barely bigger than a thimble. It can be powered separately or through the receiver. Powering it separately requires a 2S or 3S lipo battery. The integrated power filter prevents interference from the model's motor and servos. You can assign a transmitter switch or dial to whatever aux channel the camera is connected to and remotely change video frequencies.

Key Features

• Integrated camera and 25mw transmitter
  • Protective outer shell for extreme durability
  • Water, shock and dust resistant
  • Excellent image clarity in all lighting conditions
  • Enough signal range for small park flyers and quad racers
  • Compatible with 5.8GHz Fat Shark headsets
  • Requires 2S or 3S LiPo battery, sold separately
  • Powered separately or through modeler's receiver
  • Remote channel selection available when powered through receiver aux port
  • Integrated power filter prevents motor and servo interference
  • No 2.4GHz RC interference
  • Installs in seconds

Needed To Complete

• Open port on receiver or Y harness
  • 5.8GHz FPV headset or monitor

Photos

Learn More

Head over to Horizon to check out this unit.

Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by locoworks
tis ugly.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
I don't know about that but in the world of FPV it's function over form every time. You could have separate vid tx box, antenna, and cam or you could have it all in one neat, compact package.
Administrator
Old Jan 29, 2016, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Zapf
Wish they would have stuck with the 1s compatibility.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by ducatirdr
I just bought the VA2500 and have buyers remorse... I want the antenna protector!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by rpstar
How much better are these than the original spectrum micro fpv cams? I have one of those and it' video quality blows and it can barely transmit a hundred feet.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 04:26 AM
Find More Posts by locoworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
I just bought the VA2500 and have buyers remorse... I want the antenna protector!
you can buy an antenna protector from somewhere???? but I can't remember where, it might have been 3D printed too??
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by deltapilot
Wish someone would make something like this at 200mw, with a ccd cam. Hate cmos cams
Old Jan 30, 2016, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks View Post
you can buy an antenna protector from somewhere???? but I can't remember where, it might have been 3D printed too??
Yes I have one on my Blade Nano FPV. But the 200 sized quad I have the 2500 on is not going to be as nice to that little saver.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by Bama3Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar View Post
How much better are these than the original spectrum micro fpv cams? I have one of those and it' video quality blows and it can barely transmit a hundred feet.
I think you may be referring to the VA1100 which is only 10mW. It's the one that comes on the Nano QX FPV, Vapor FPV, etc. This one is 25mW and will have much better range. I would assume the picture quality is better, but don't know that for sure.

-Dustin
Old Jan 31, 2016, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Ummm Horizon....resolution?
Old Feb 01, 2016, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by Milan_Croatia
Okay, looks good. But, what is the price?

Found it, please ignore. It is too expensive. And heavy. My 10 mW VTX is just 6 grams (TX, antenna and boost converter from 3.7V to 5V), and it goes on "Half Mobius" (mini USB plug) which weights 26 grams. Total 32 grams, but with recording option. Got range max of 1.5 km.

milan
---
Old Feb 01, 2016, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
Anybody try the Hyperion 25mw all in one yet? Seems very similar to the VA2500. Even seem to be able to power from a 1s if I am reading the specs correctly. 4.5g is just right for micros flyer.

The new one above is made more for surface vehicles. That's why they encased it in rubber. Heavy, but should be more durable.

-Daryoon
Old Feb 01, 2016, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by Jumanoc
Plus Pilot
I bought this 200 mw integrated Aomway. 19 gr.
Works great and you can choose any antenna replacment. Mount-Unmount from Quad to Plane in one minute.
http://www.banggood.com/AOMWAY-FPV-5...-p-989258.html
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jumanoc; Feb 01, 2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2016, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
Might try on my wing!