Seeking info on Vintage Sterling B15M Chris Craft 42' Corvette 48" wood Boat - RC Groups
Jan 28, 2016, 09:21 PM
Discussion

Seeking info on Vintage Sterling B15M Chris Craft 42' Corvette 48" wood Boat

First of all I am not a collector or builder of RC nor model boats. I do however have a healthy appreciation for them. I recently purchased a vintage 4ft Chris Craft Corvette model made by Sterling. It is pretty rough, but I find it to have a good bit of character and I plan to display it in my study as a model. I have had a tough time finding any real info about it on the internet and thought that I could ask you guys for a little info here on your forum. I hope that I am not disrespecting you guys, just seeking info.

It appears to be pretty old and the batteries are marked ;Made in Japan' and are stamped with Kanji figures.
GS Portalac batteries PE 4-6

Dumas Pittman model number 9004 A-6 engines

Kraft Series 71 rudder controls

That's about all I know, pictures are attached. I appreciate any information you guys can provide. I am simply intrigued by my purchase and I'm interested in learning about it if abyone cares to share. Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2016, 11:28 AM
You may find this site useful:

http://home.mindspring.com/~jeff.coo...dels/id13.html
Jan 29, 2016, 05:20 PM

42' Corvette

Hl Guys, Here are pictures of my Corvette. It can be seen running on you tube Novi Family Fun Days Corvette. This was the largest of the Sterling Chris Craft kits. Thank you, Gary
Jan 30, 2016, 01:28 AM
I love the old Chris's. Growing up my dad restored a 1952 50' Christ Craft Catalina until I was about 19, so seeing these makes me a little teary eyed Too bad they don't make that model
Feb 01, 2016, 07:31 PM
Closed Account
Wow! Kraft radios. At the time, 70's-80's, they were arguably the best radios out there. American made! Too bad they went out of business. I miss my old Kraft radios.
Feb 10, 2016, 10:54 PM

Corvette

Looks like a very nice Corvette, probably built back in the 50's. A big classic model, you should run it on the water , with only a few mods done to it. More pictures would be great. Enjoy!
Feb 14, 2016, 11:56 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Batteries are a sealed lead acid type 6 volt 4 amp-hour rating. They are a common style used in emergency exit lights. Batteries, motors and servos are common of what was available back in the late 70's.
Mar 03, 2016, 08:56 AM
It looks like an old Sterling kit,they were balsa but a little epoxy and they hold up pretty well.
keep the old pittman motor those are valuable in the boat ing world..