Jan 29, 2016, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Miata View Post
I suggest going the opposite way with batteries for the nano QX FPV. The problem with that quad is that the motors aren't very powerful to carry the FPV equipment and heavy battery so Blade includes small 150mAh. Because of the small capacity, discharge time to 80% SoC is short (3mins) which means high C rated battery which in turn increases weight. I have good luck running HobbyKing Zippy 20C 240mAh bare cell. They are only 0.5g heavier than stock 35C 150mAh battery but since I get 4min flight time out of the Zippy, 20C is working OK so far (I normally spec 25C battery for 4min flight and 20C battery for 5min+ flight).
I've been running Nanotech 200mAh cells in mine, I set the timer for 3:30 and usually the cells are right about at storage voltage when I land. Initially I tried using the 160mAh nanotechs and stock 150mAh Eflight batteries from my other micro stuff and those were clearly not up to the task.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2016, 08:02 PM
Quick unboxing and power up test!

Unboxing of the New Turnigy Graphene! 4S 2200mah 65C Pack (8 min 26 sec)
Jan 29, 2016, 08:39 PM
Have there been any clues as to the approximate price of these things when released?

Of course they'll die just as fast as any other LiPo if you damage them in a crash.
Jan 30, 2016, 12:13 AM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I might have to get a couple of these for the motor dyno -- see how they perform on motors for 4x" and 6x" aircraft.
Jan 31, 2016, 11:27 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Thread OP
Here is a short video of this pack in flight yesterday.
This was cycle 957. We had camera issues on 956 so I did 2 flights back to back about an hour apart.
This was this packs 3rd flight on this jet and it IS too high of a discharge for this 27C pack [tested before first floght at 72F pack temp] I don't advise you push these like this.
I only did this for the nay sayers.

Turnigy Graphene Battery (1 min 18 sec)

Thank you Quiet E. Flyer for the video.
Rick
Last edited by rampman; Feb 01, 2016 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Added video credit
Jan 31, 2016, 01:24 PM
Battery Puffer
Rampman

Have you done discharge testing on other packs with the same set up your using for these packs? I ask because lipos are capable of thousands of cycles as was posted by Ken Myers in the Lipo thread he helped get translated.

Mark
Jan 31, 2016, 01:32 PM
Eternal beginner
There is another question about this packs, but it's maybe too early to get an answer :
how will they age, I mean after one year, two years, etc...
Let's see...

Roland
Jan 31, 2016, 02:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
Rampman

Have you done discharge testing on other packs with the same set up your using for these packs? I ask because lipos are capable of thousands of cycles as was posted by Ken Myers in the Lipo thread he helped get translated.

Mark
Thousands of cycles at 23C discharges or 1C or less?
As for me, no. On the other hand I haven't ever gotten over 225 cycles on a pack... and that was with a 10C prop plane. A Slow Stick.

I have been considering buying a name brand 4S 1300 from my LHS and trying it. Ju$t trying to justify the price and time (1 month of testing is invested into this 1 Graphene pack) for a burner pack that may only make up to 3 actual flights.

Rollmops67 - Good question and only time will reveal that. These were only 1-2 weeks old from factory to me.

Rick
Jan 31, 2016, 02:35 PM
Battery Puffer
Rick PM me your addy and I will send you one of my new dinogy packs to test. I appreciate the work involved you guys do and it's good to know exactly where you stand instead of some guy giving his gut feeling from just flying them.

Mark
Jan 31, 2016, 02:37 PM
Anyone here testing a 6S 5000 yet? Just curious what they weigh in at and C rating?
Jan 31, 2016, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
Turbo. They are not released yet. They will be very soon but there has been no unbiassed testing yet.

Rick
Jan 31, 2016, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
Anyone here testing a 6S 5000 yet? Just curious what they weigh in at and C rating?
I'm hoping to get a 6S 5000mah for testing shortly for my Habu32x, would also like to really push it with a split 3S + 4S 7S 5000mah pack that should draw 90+ amps!
Jan 31, 2016, 06:17 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Subbed.... I need some packs that last. Watching closely. Nice.
Jan 31, 2016, 06:24 PM
Well I gave some of the 4S 1300mah 65C test samples to a few members of my club still out racing their 250 quads. So far after 10 - 15 cycles these are getting excellent feedback, providing tons of power along with good flight times. They are asking when they can get more. I guess that's a good sign

For me the real test will be to see how they handle a high performance amp hungry edf
Last edited by nighthawk0077; Jan 31, 2016 at 06:31 PM.
Jan 31, 2016, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Turbo. They are not released yet. They will be very soon but there has been no unbiassed testing yet.

Rick
As long as the supplier is delivering special packs to "testers", there is no unbiased testing.

I am not impugning the current posts, but these are not off-the-shelf packs.

Quick Reply