Mar 13, 2016, 04:15 PM
Night i wasnt surprised, i just wanted to show that there is a great space on the right side as well compared to CT. In CT battery things take up 6 squares with 2 squares space on the right. In real life it takes 8 squares total, so its not right anyway I think it should show just up to 99999Mah with the label, so its 6 squares on screen. The battery icon should be a separate movable 3 squares panel item.

Like this i think would be amazing:

Name: Screenshot 2016-03-13 22.02.25.png
Views: 198
Size: 242.5 KB
Description:
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2016, 06:17 PM
Following issues still persist:

1. Display aspect ratio or content of display is not fit to screen. I am not able to utilize OSD configuration tool to move items around. I set my screen up by placing 4 objects in top right corners and then moving them in until I was able to get all objects to display. I had to move them around for a while until I arrived at the display I've got now. This is the only way I can get everything I want to show up.

There is for sure an aspect ratio issue here, attached is a screenshot showing a 16:9 tiled display overlayed on the config tool. Some where in my setup something is getting converted to this aspect ratio.

2. Numeric stepper appears to have bug for moving items on Y axis inside panels. While using the up down arrows on my keyboard between Y position 5 , 6 the objects on OSD configuration tool move to 4. The only way to fix is to explicitly type in the value 5, or 6 and hit enter. I was able to reproduce this issue even then after typing the values in and hitting enter on the field.

3. Offset values between the OSD and the configuration tool do not match. I was able to get the OSD settings to display by mapping channel 5 to OSD toggle. Once displayed AILERON / ELEVATOR sticks are used to navigate the screen. I placed the 4 corners properly from step 1 and screenshot below and then started adding other items to the display.
Last edited by iwcai; Mar 13, 2016 at 06:24 PM.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwcai

1. Display aspect ratio or content of display is not fit to screen
Do you realize a little bit how this OSD works? All video processing is done by hardware in the chip MAX7456. Software sees only the matrix of characters 30*16 in PAL or 30*13 in NTSC that shown somewhere in the screen, and I gives ability to move this place.
Your stupid "4 corners test" only shows that YOUR TV can't display the entire screen of YOUR camera and firmware has nothing to do with.
You see, this is free software, and you are free to place the panels in the *visible* parts of the screen. If you don't like offsets you free not to use them. Or you are free to not use this program at all.
Last edited by night_ghost; Mar 13, 2016 at 11:24 PM.
Mar 13, 2016, 11:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnex
The battery icon should be a separate movable
I don't like this idea. Bug with different sizes will be fixed.
Mar 14, 2016, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_ghost
Do you realize a little bit how this OSD works? All video processing is done by hardware in the chip MAX7456. Software sees only the matrix of characters 30*16 in PAL or 30*13 in NTSC that shown somewhere in the screen, and I gives ability to move this place.
Your stupid "4 corners test" only shows that YOUR TV can't display the entire screen of YOUR camera and firmware has nothing to do with.
You see, this is free software, and you are free to place the panels in the *visible* parts of the screen. If you don't like offsets you free not to use them. Or you are free to not use this program at all.
Dude... I am just trying to help you, if you are actively developing this spaghetti code you should be open to hearing the bugs.

Even when I unplug the camera or switch between aspect ratios on the monitor I get the same issue. How in the world would my camera dictate the display received by my FPV monitor? That doesn't make any sense.

And no, I am not fully aware of how this hardware works because I have not been actively involved in it until now.
Mar 14, 2016, 06:36 AM
Thread OP
I like to know about bugs but reporter should have an idea about the details of the inner workings, to distinguish between the features and bugs. From your position torn horizon is also a bug?

There are some purely graphical OSD, such as PlayUAV, they somehow can influence to the aspect ratio - but not here. Arduino is too slow for it.
Last edited by night_ghost; Mar 14, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
Mar 14, 2016, 07:21 AM
Even with aspect ratio you just have to use the offsets and play around where the items are on the screen to get it to work. My screen is also 16:9 and i just stretch the incoming feed. My camera SJ5000+ outputs its feed in 4:3 with black boxes so everything before the screen is 4:3 and then stretched.
Mar 14, 2016, 01:17 PM
Johnex, post a screenshot of your OSD setup or send me your OSD panel file(s), I want to try your config on my setup and see how things look on my system. I believe we may be able to arrive at some sort of a conclusion as to whats causing this.

Thanks for all your help
Mar 14, 2016, 01:55 PM
Here are my screens, the last 2 are blank just.

Name: Screenshot 2016-03-14 19.54.06.png
Views: 201
Size: 47.2 KB
Description:
Name: Screenshot 2016-03-14 19.54.09.png
Views: 175
Size: 216.1 KB
Description:
Name: Screenshot 2016-03-14 19.54.11.png
Views: 145
Size: 202.5 KB
Description:

And turns out like this, i can get the items all the way on the edges.
Name: 20160313_131132.jpg
Views: 187
Size: 614.9 KB
Description:
Mar 16, 2016, 05:27 AM
Thread OP
version 815 ready for testing.

fixed bug with "battery percent" panel sizes
(untested) added Devo-M telemetry output to RSSI pin (...-RSSI.hex)
Mar 19, 2016, 09:15 AM

Battery percent

I am testing the latest version avalible at github (815) and the battey percent is not working to me.
Also I trying to compile the version to try to find the solution but I have this error:

In file included from ArduCam_Max7456.cpp:7:
ArduCam_Max7456.h:92: error: expected class-name before '{' token
ArduCam_Max7456.h:113: error: 'BetterStream' has not been declared
ArduCam_Max7456.cpp: In static member function 'static void OSD::update()':
ArduCam_Max7456.cpp:281: error: 'PD6' was not declared in this scope

Could you help me?
Thanks,
Mar 19, 2016, 09:20 AM
See bellow:
Last edited by Johnex; Mar 19, 2016 at 01:47 PM.
Mar 19, 2016, 01:46 PM
To compile on windows:
1. Download the latest Arduino Version (currently 1.6.8)
2. Download the version of MinimOSD-Extra-DV you like
3. Copy the libraries from MiniumOSD to the Arduino libraries folder
4. If you download the zip from github it does not grab the SingleSerial library. Copy it to the libaries of Arduino also, get it here https://github.com/night-ghost/SingleSerial
5. If not using UAVTalk disable it in Config.h:
//#define USE_UAVTALK 1
6. Sketch -> Export Compiled Binary (it will save the hex file in the MinimOSD folder of the source, one file with the bootloader and one without)

Night could you add this to the first post of the thread?
Mar 20, 2016, 12:06 AM
Nice. Will update tomm!
Mar 20, 2016, 12:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnex
could you add this to the first post of the thread?
Done

Quick Reply