New MinimOSD fork
I'm glad to present my version of the MinimOSD firmware
* MAX7456 renew doing in VSYNC to get rid of "snow" on screen - like in http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f90/thread1...ml#post5602416 but on interrupt instead of SPI polling
* 4 screens instead of 2
* individual control of sign icon visibility of each panel per screen
* voltage, current & RSSI can be measured on external pins (which can be found on some boards)
* TLOG player in configurator - now settings can be checked without working plane/copter!
* small panels can be placed in unused areas of big panels
* RADAR (like in MiniNAZAosd) and ILS in Horizon, can be enabled individually
* horizon angles can be adjusted via configurator, indepentently for PAL and NTSC
* PAL/NTSC detected dynamically - now can use different cameras!
* screen offsets via configurator
* new format of GPS coords - in one line
* Any RC channel can be translated to output pin (eg. for cameras switch)
* font uploader included in the main firmware and much more usable
* plane & copter joined and even can be changed on the fly (eg. for VTOL)
* configuration of some "hot" parameters from RC
here - https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra
pre-compiled binaries and HEX files are in the Released folder with the CT GUI
one can download only one file - https://github.com/night-ghost/minim...osd_latest.zip
If you like this project and want to support further development - you can do it!
To compile on windows: (c) Johnex
1. Download the latest Arduino Version (currently 1.6.8)
2. Download the version of MinimOSD-Extra-DV you like, via git or zip (github lets you click on a commit and view its files, so downloading that zip gives you the version you want)
3. If using git clone, also do a git submodule init and git submodule update. If downloading the zip from github, you also need SingleSerial because github does not include submodules into the download zip, so download it also: https://github.com/night-ghost/SingleSerial
4. Copy all the libraries from MiniumOSD to the Arduino libraries folder (+ SingleSerial if you downloaded the zip for it)
5. If not using UAVTalk or MultiWii disable them in Config.h:
//#define USE_UAVTALK 1
//#define USE_MWII 1
6. Sketch -> Export Compiled Binary (it will save the hex file in the MinimOSD folder of the source, one file with the bootloader and one without)
Quickstart Guide (c) Johnex
1. Download the latest MinimOSD-Extra build here: https://github.com/night-ghost/minim...osd_latest.zip
2. Run the OSD_Config.exe
3. Connect your MinimOSD to your pc making sure you are using an FTDI that has 5V and not 3.3V.
4. After the usb driver is installed, select your COM port in OSD_Config.
5. Click Options -> Update Firmware. Select the latest MinimOsd_Extra_Uni.8XXDV-release.hex file from the "FW & Char" folder.
6. This firmware has a built in character set uploader, so just click Options -> Update CharSet. Select the latest character set MinimOSD_2.4.1.X.mcm from the "FW & Char" folder. Notice that this MimimOSD-Extra has a custom character set and must be updated if coming from another fork or the original, and some newer versions might require a new version, always check the "FW & Char" folder.
7. Set your video mode to Auto if you have different cam types, or select NTSC or PAL if you have just 1 cam and you know it's type or had issues with Auto.
8. Connect your OSD directly to a monitor or to a video transmitter so you can see the OSD output, making sure you don't forget to connect the antenna to the video transmitter before powering it on if you are using that. Click Options -> Load TLog. Select 2015-09-06 18-40-55.tlog from the "FW & Char" folder.
9. Set up the screens as you want. Click "Save Tab to OSD" and then click "Start" to run a simulation so you can see how everything looks without having to set up a copter. If something is not right, click "Stop", do the changes, save the config again and click "Start" again to see the new changes.
10. If you encounter that your screen is not centered, change the "Offsets", Left and Top from the config page. You can also move panels away from the edge if your screen gets cropped.
Checklist if you're having issue with something:
Try and look through the wiki regarding the issue you have. You can also search the Wiki. (coming soon)
Read carefully the first post of this thread. Also read the last 5 pages in the thread to see if someone else has already mentioned it. Also try and search in the thread.
Explain your issue, include OSD file, TLOG and screen photo. Mention what you have tried, and also if it's working as intended in stock MinimOSD firmware.
Russian discussion - http://www.ykoctpa.ru/groups/eye-in-...vka/#post-8165
1. Do not try to send me private message - I will not answer. If you have a brilliant idea - share it with everyone.
2. Changes that require hardware modifications are rejected in advance.
3. You should not to write about a firmware problem if you can not get working the classical R800
Last edited by night_ghost; Aug 29, 2016 at 11:17 PM.
I went to the "released folder" and ran the CT tool - I get a .net framework error. I have enabled the .net framework in Windows Features... Any advice? (tried on 2 CPU's)
Can someone compile. or provide instructions TOTAL NOOB
Fixed myissue by replacing OSD_Config.exe config from the one from r800, (changed required version)
Looks great flashing it now. Hopefully works!
Last edited by cliffoco; Jan 29, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Here is the new change
Will test your new version
When I upload char set I get No End Error.
I am using Windows 10
Question for all - which parameters (visible on new ConfigTool) should be configurable "in field" via RC? Brightness and screen offsets in first, horizon adjustments in second. What more?
Last edited by night_ghost; Feb 01, 2016 at 05:17 AM.
@night_Ghost I noticed that when I use your firmware I get a white line through the center, its not a solid line but very noticable. This happens on both my minim (clone) and my Micro OSD.
A param that chooses how many panels 1-4 would be good for CT-Tool.
Not sure of any param I need switchable.
I also think the NTSC/ Pal code may be acting a little funny. Sometimes the bottom of my screen would be gone and I would lose that portion of the OSD info,
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold||new venom 450 forks||yamar6||Cars - Motorcycles (FS/W)||0||Jun 23, 2015 02:45 PM|
|Sold||New! Robart #654 Steerable Nose Gear Fork||LaxLife||Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)||1||Jun 15, 2014 10:45 PM|
|Sold||Complete New Kit! - ArduPilot Mega v2.4.1 with MinimOSD and ArduStation||aviatorgeek||FPV Equipment (FS/W)||8||Oct 08, 2012 01:11 PM|
|Discussion||KP09e Forks compared to kp/tornado forks||motosyndrome||Motorcycles||0||Feb 15, 2009 03:10 AM|
|New Product||New web shop, New product *EMI P-38 Forked Tail Devil *||infinityhobby||Product Announcements||60||Nov 03, 2006 06:48 PM|