VQ Cessna 188 Ag wagon - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 27, 2016, 10:29 PM
Discussion

VQ Cessna 188 Ag wagon

Is there anyone who has recently purchased a VQ C188 Ag-Wagon and could share some recent reviews on it? The last reviews I found on it was from the late 2000's and some discussions from January of last year 2015 but nothing later than that post. I know JB Hobbies recently got a stock in before the Expo.
:I wasn't sure if anyone has one or picked one up from the Expo a couple of weeks ago. I have spoken with James from JB Hobbies but wanted a owner review report.

Anyone out there?
Thanks
JP
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2016, 01:58 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Good luck....

The reason you haven't seen anything recent is because these haven't been available since then and apparently there weren't that many brought in. Hobby people brought some in a couple years ago and there's been nothing since. But judging from the pictures it doesn't look like anythings changed much.

Mike
Jan 28, 2016, 10:18 AM
Thanks Mike. Just wasn't sure if someone out there had grabbed one and had it up already and could offer a review. Did you have one and could give me your input?
Jan 28, 2016, 01:39 PM
I do but I never got around to building it. Every time I go to grab the box and get to it either something new comes out I gotta have or life happens.... It's on my radar though.

Honestly I'm not worried about how it'll fly. There's a thread from back then that was pretty good. EDIT: Found it https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1552370

When they first came out there was some question about the landing gear and mounting sturdiness but it's all stuff that can be fixed. Some guys were saying that the supplied gear don't fit the mounting holes. But after ordering a new landing gear, I figured out that the supplied gear does fit if you flip them around from what "looks" like the way they should be mounted. The manual isn't very much help....typical low-cost ARF manual. Not only do the holes line up but it puts the wheels a bit forward to prevent nose overs. My kit is in deep storage at the moment or I would take a pic.

Mike
Jan 28, 2016, 03:16 PM
Perfect. I think I am going to take the plunge and purchase one. I'm an Ag Freak and I love the design and colors scheme of the wagon. Will keep you posted. Will keep you updated.
Jan 29, 2016, 11:40 AM
Nice!... Curious to see if there's been changes.
Nov 07, 2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc
Nice!... Curious to see if there's been changes.
I am also considering this model. It appears from the photos that there are some "cosmetic" changes to match the full scale version of this plane. The canopy has a clear rear window and the colors (for the red version) are changed to match the full scale model. The assembly manual has not changed.