Jul 24, 2019, 07:08 PM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
Runs awesome! Is this 3s? Looks way faster then mine. Where can I get this prop? Thanks for the sharing I appreciate it.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2019, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Runs awesome! Is this 3s? Looks way faster then mine. Where can I get this prop? Thanks for the sharing I appreciate it.
got my m440 from ose .

yes 3s .i lightly worked the prop myself .could be better and faster with a ose prepped prop.
Jul 24, 2019, 08:32 PM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
got my m440 from ose .

yes 3s .i lightly worked the prop myself .could be better and faster with a ose prepped prop.
Thanks for the tip! I just ordered a m440 from OSE. I will sharpen and balance it and see how she runs. Can't wait. thanks again.
Jul 24, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod
What trims tabs are those ?

From what model, can tell?

I also saw this online...

-He is using 2 stock trim tabs...On ones have cuted this fins...

I am thinking of doing this to my Recoil 26 and Recoil 17". I just want stability the much i as can!! Will those help?

Or just internet voodo?
I stated it in my title lol, they are from the Sonicwake 36.

They work for me but I'm running some decent speed with the boat. If your boat is stock and runs 26 MPH these will probably just add drag. I don't use turn fins on this boat currently.

Recoil 17......I run no trim tabs at all, I run no turn fins....

I would not install larger trim tabs on a 17" boat....but, that's my preference
Aug 04, 2019, 04:43 PM
Flyin Acehole
Sharpened and balanced the M440 and it ran slower then the stock prop.
Aug 04, 2019, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Sharpened and balanced the M440 and it ran slower then the stock prop.
use gps? i never got to gps my stock prop but the m440 got me 32 mph
Aug 04, 2019, 06:27 PM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
use gps? i never got to gps my stock prop but the m440 got me 32 mph
No gps , you could actually see the difference in speed. I run in ruff water and it's usually in the air, but it was a definite noticeable difference in speed. Wish it wasn't, I spent some good time prepping the m440. Well it was worth a shot. NEXT!
Aug 04, 2019, 06:32 PM
Quote:
No gps , you could actually see the difference in speed. I run in ruff water and it's usually in the air, but it was a definite noticeable difference in speed. Wish it wasn't, I spent some good time prepping the m440. Well it was worth a shot. NEXT!
the m440 is de tongued so if its in the air alot then yeah i could see that because it never gets a chance to bite .in your case maybe a x440 would have served better .

like you said "next" lol.....i tried a x440/3 cnc on mine and it went 36 mph .but kinda sluggish off the line . doesnt look like 36 but it was
proboat recoil 26 cnc 440 3 prop gps speed test (3 min 37 sec)
Aug 05, 2019, 09:33 PM

Speed

36 is a good speed for this boat. I'm currently at 39 mph with mine, consistently.

Took a while to figure out some things as this boat really wasn't taking to modifications in the beginning.
Aug 06, 2019, 04:11 PM
i actually no longer have mine .but it was my first ever rc boat and i loved the time i had with it .
Aug 06, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote:
i actually no longer have mine .but it was my first ever rc boat and i loved the time i had with it .
I see....yeah definitely great starter boats. I'm sure I'll reach my point with them, however not there yet. I'll keep some of them (have 5 Recoils) for friends to use most likely.
Aug 11, 2019, 05:59 PM
Flyin Acehole
Going thru a repair process at the moment on my recoil 26.. The rudder bracket tore the transom open after impacting something so Iím going to reinforce it with a piece of Carbon fiber. I made a template using card stock so I can trace it to the carbon. Bent the stuffing tube as well. I will purchase a new one of those. I didnít want to buy a empty hull replacement because I didnít want to transfer all the gear or spend 70$. I think the carbon will look nice too. What do you guys think?
Sep 16, 2019, 09:54 PM
Just received the RC26 I purchased from a forum member. It came with a turnigy 120a instead of the stock ESC so I should be able to run 4s. The motor was swapped out for a Castle 1512 1.5y 1800kv inrunner. He also threw in a Goolrc 40-s water jacket but it seems to be too small to fit. Being new to this I don't know if a water jacket is something needed for this setup? I'm also wondering if the props discussed prior like the x442 or m440 would still work on this setup?

One last thing, I didn't expect it but also in the box was an Arma BLX 2050kv 4 pole (390112). I guess I'll have to see what I can use it on
Sep 17, 2019, 10:42 AM
The Goolrc 40s jacket wont fit because those motors are finned car motors. boat motors are smooth on the outside therefore smaller in diameter by a few mm. If you run without a water cooling jacket in a boat things will get pretty hot quick & cause potential damage not only to the motor but also the esc.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:50 PM
Martinh, thanks for the info!

Does anyone have suggestions for a motor that would work as an upgrade instead of sourcing a stock motor?

Quick Reply