Sep 18, 2019, 06:28 AM
Flyin Acehole
I’m not sure about an aftermarket motor but the stock one performs great on 4s. I ran a
Hobbywing 120amp esc in mine and she rips. Self righting feature still works perfect too. Very happy with the upgrade. Next I will be trying a few more props. Here she is all finished up.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2019, 02:57 PM
Recoil 26 Pilot
Rafael, in a few months time this boat will be four years old on January 2020. In production terms, this is probably considered a long time which means this model is due for retirement, soon.

So, what can you tell us about its replacement. Are you working on something right now?

We promise not to tell your competitors, honestly !

Oct 10, 2019, 03:43 PM
I understand Rafael left Proboat a while ago & moved on to other things, don't know who his replacement is though.
Oct 10, 2019, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
I’m not sure about an aftermarket motor but the stock one performs great on 4s. I ran a
Hobbywing 120amp esc in mine and she rips. Self righting feature still works perfect too. Very happy with the upgrade. Next I will be trying a few more props. Here she is all finished up.
ever gps it on 4s ?always wanted to try that when i had mine . i should get another one ,its a great little runner .
Oct 10, 2019, 08:39 PM
Recoil 26 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh50
I understand Rafael left Proboat a while ago...
Ah, yes, he hasn't logged in since May 20, 2019. Maybe he got headhunted by Traxxas.

Oct 10, 2019, 09:23 PM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
ever gps it on 4s ?always wanted to try that when i had mine . i should get another one ,its a great little runner .
Not yet. My boating season is coming to a close here in NJ. I'd have to say by a long shot guess it's somewhere in the 40's LOLOLOL
Oct 11, 2019, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Not yet. My boating season is coming to a close here in NJ. I'd have to say by a long shot guess it's somewhere in the 40's LOLOLOL
i would agree
Oct 11, 2019, 01:10 PM
120sr/200srx/230s/300cfx/200qx
Quote:

I was thinking getting the stock 120a esc but now i see a good hobbywing esc in the Recoil 26".

So now i know what esc i will use for 4s and 5s with the stock motor.

Tell me one thing.. how did you secure the esc? Glue, what glue? And the stock tray, need to be trimmed or just remove the stock one and put the new one?

As for the Lipo...what mah are you using to still maintain the self-level? Maybe a 2800/3000mah 4s?
Oct 11, 2019, 05:15 PM
Oh man you are making me want to do a 4s set up in mine so badly now. Just an esc swap huh...interesting. Might be my next buy.

@Targetingxmod, he likely used double sided tape to hold it down. I don’t recommend glue as it’s going to be tough to remove if you need to adjust the position of it. Get some double sided Gorilla brand tape and it works great. What I use in all my stuff.
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Oct 11, 2019, 07:09 PM
i know a guy (online) who did the swap and even went as far as trying 6s .

yes 6s.

i told him what would happen...lol...but he had to learn for himself .

after that he then tried the river jet motor ,i think he is still using that one .
Oct 15, 2019, 05:40 PM
Flyin Acehole
I used a dremel to grind off the lip surrounding the stock esc and used double sided tape to mount in. 4s 3300 60c is what I used. Works great and does indeed self right.
Oct 15, 2019, 10:00 PM
I'm waiting on a Riverjet motor for mine. I will run 3s for now until I can get some 4s packs to try out.

I'll probably pick up a CNC prop to try as well. Got my boat secondhand and the plastic prop is a little beat up anyway.
Oct 26, 2019, 02:08 PM
Stoshski

Battery

Hey, not to change the subject but have a question on the Dynamite battery which came w the Recoil. I've charged, discharged and stored this by the book and one side on the battery is puffed. How and why could this happen? I'm getting a voltage tester and if everything is up to par, can it still be used?
Oct 26, 2019, 02:40 PM
Resistance is futile
I have a couple of boat Lipos that have puffed slightly over time and use. I keep an eye on the voltages of the cells and as long as they are okay I continue to use them but with caution.

Sometimes no matter how well we treat our Lipos they will just puff for no apparent reason.

If your battery is quite puffed and the voltages between the cells are off by more than 0.2 volts when balance charged I'd stop using it. Ideally you want no more than 0.004 volts difference between cells or lower.
Last edited by Capt'n Crash; Oct 26, 2019 at 02:46 PM.
Oct 26, 2019, 03:33 PM
Recoil 26 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoshski
...the battery is puffed. How and why could this happen? I'm getting a voltage tester...
How many amps did you charge it at. The 3200mAh battery will have 3.2A maximum charge rate, but less amps is better for any battery if you are prepared to wait longer for it to charge.

It sounds like you have a basic, simple charger. Something like a SkyRC iMax or Turnigy Accucell 6, will have a voltage tester built into it. There are plenty of others to choose from that have an LCD readout.

Name: SkyRC-iMax-B6.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 34.8 KB
Description: Name: turnigy-6-lipo-charger.jpg
Views: 27
Size: 52.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by ProBoat_26; Oct 26, 2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply