Jan 27, 2016, 09:43 AM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Thread OP
Discussion

Pro Boat Recoil 26 Self-Righting Brushless Deep-V RTR

Hello everyone. I have another announcement from the Nuremberg Toy fair that I'd like to share with you. It is thePro Boat Recoil 26 Self-Righting Brushless Deep-V RTR. I will add some photos a bit later today. For now, please use the link to our product page.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/recoil-2...rtr-p-prb08022
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2016, 12:34 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Nice to see another RTR, self-righting boat on the shelves. I can't wait to see videos of it in action.
Jan 27, 2016, 01:17 PM
Thread OP
Sorry for the wait on the pictures and videos.

The production strut includes a lead Teflon bushing. The white bushing in this picture was on the prototype we used for pictures. I'll get this updated ASAP.

Patent Pending weighted coupler which aids in rolling boat back upright.

Everything included.

The product video.
Pro Boat Recoil 26-inch Self-Righting Brushless Deep-V RTR (1 min 52 sec)

And I like posting behind the scenes testing videos as well. Max speed shown at end of video.
Pro Boat Recoil 26 Production Sample Test 1/25/16 (5 min 4 sec)
Jan 27, 2016, 01:39 PM
This looks like a direct competitor to the Barbwire XL???
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Jan 27, 2016, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
Maybe just the fact that they both self right. There are quite large differences, if one placed them side by side. Their boat runs very well though.
Jan 27, 2016, 03:19 PM
Ah ok I didn't know if there was any similarities. I just thought the idea of having a recoil 17" and a recoil 26" was similar to the Barbwire 17" and XL.

But they all look like fun boats however you slice it
Jan 27, 2016, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
The large and small version of the same boat is the same concept. It happened that they announced the XL when we were 3 months in to development of the 26. Seems like we both had the same idea, but they executed a lot faster because they were working with an existing boat.
Feb 07, 2016, 09:52 PM
Thread OP
Adding a video.
Pro Boat Recoil 26 (0 min 46 sec)
Feb 07, 2016, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
One more video to show how versatile this boat is.
Pro Boat Recoil 26 Self-Righting BRushless Deep V at the beach PRB08022 (5 min 8 sec)
Feb 08, 2016, 12:58 PM
Wow! That looks like so much fun. I want to see a video of it cruising around in the big waves.

What is the best way to clean/rinse the boat after a salt water run?
Feb 08, 2016, 04:39 PM
Great video, beach runs are some of the funnest ways to run rc boats.

Pan, I've ran all my boats in Salt water. The easiest thing to do is to just rinse it off with fresh water asap.

If there isn't a fresh water hose/ shower just carry a jug of fresh water and pour it over the running hardware. I pour a little of fresh water inside the boat
(assuming the electronics are water proof) and swoosh it around a bit to make sure everything is rinsed, then I'll run fresh water through the cooling lines. Typically I use my garden hose and just spray a high pressure stream into the rudder's pick up until I see it exit out the side of the boat.

Finally, I'll put some oil onto the metal components of the running gear. If the boat is fiberglass I'll just spray wd40. If the boat is plastic I'll get corrosion x on my finger tips and rub it onto the metal parts.

Finally, I take the flexshaft out, wipe it off, then get some corrosion x on a paper towel and rub it onto the shaft. That's it, sounds like a lot but it takes me literally 30 seconds to do the rinsing and a minute or two for the oil and shaft maintenance. I've ran rc boats in Salt water all my life and haven't had any problems
Last edited by ApexpredatorGT; Feb 08, 2016 at 08:57 PM.
Feb 08, 2016, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
When I plan a beach run, I usually lightly spray the electronics with WD40 a day before and let it sit in the sun so that it evaporates and leaves a protective film behind. Don't spray directly in to the receiver though or too much WD40 residue can cause servo issues. The only concern with this boat would be the servo pins on the RX. For extra precaution, you can put grease on them to keep the water out, but its a bit messy. Tape very, very well and no water should get inside. I didn't have a drop inside after my outing.

Once done, I poke a hole in a water bottle large enough for the water line to fit in. I then remove the line off the rudder, insert it in to the bottle cap and squeeze to flush out the salt water. I then wipe down the hull with automotive spray wax.

One extra precaution, I like to put my LiPo in a Ziplock and tuck the wired under the battery. Salt water can ruin a LiPo very quickly.
Apr 17, 2016, 06:07 AM
I have both Recoil's and absolutely love them. Rafael you guys did a great job on both. These things would be awesome for some rtr stock racing classes. I have been out of the boat side of the hobby since 2008. After now owning both boats for a week I am getting into boats again for sure.

FYI the upgrade SS proboat upgrade props works very well too. I ran mine right out of the package (and it was a noticeable improvement on hole shot and top end. I was a running 3s 3200 30c eflite pack for the tests. I also recommend taking some of the negative thrust angle out of the strut. I pushed my strut all the way up and now its at about 0 degrees. Like Rafael says if you take too much of the hull out of the water it will start to chine walk. Just lower it until you find the sweet spot.
Apr 18, 2016, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMIBrewer74
I have both Recoil's and absolutely love them. Rafael you guys did a great job on both. These things would be awesome for some rtr stock racing classes. I have been out of the boat side of the hobby since 2008. After now owning both boats for a week I am getting into boats again for sure.

FYI the upgrade SS proboat upgrade props works very well too. I ran mine right out of the package (and it was a noticeable improvement on hole shot and top end. I was a running 3s 3200 30c eflite pack for the tests. I also recommend taking some of the negative thrust angle out of the strut. I pushed my strut all the way up and now its at about 0 degrees. Like Rafael says if you take too much of the hull out of the water it will start to chine walk. Just lower it until you find the sweet spot.
Glad to see you're enjoying your boats.. This boat would make a very fun spec class for racing.
Apr 18, 2016, 04:17 PM
Closed Account
///
Last edited by Dennis Manning; May 08, 2016 at 09:31 PM. Reason: When you think about throwing you boat in the drink, dumb

Quick Reply