Jul 10, 2019, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride
Again, thanks. Why don’t you like the bullet style nut?
I've lost too many props while using them. They seem to come loose even with the jam nut at least on my boats. I also like to rough up the last few threads of the prop shaft to make sure the nut has enough resistance and won't just back off by it's self and the brass bullet style nuts don't take too well to that and will eventually strip out after a few prop swaps. You will find people who swear by them, but not me.
Last edited by MADRCER; Jul 10, 2019 at 09:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2019, 09:50 PM
Not Famous
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRCER
I've lost too many props while using them. They seem to come loose even with the jam nut at least on my boats. I also like to rough up the last few threads of the prop shaft to make sure the nut has enough resistance and won't just back off by it's self and the brass bullet style nuts don't take too well to that and will eventually strip out after a few prop swaps. You will find people who swear by them, but not me.
I will use blue locetite on mine. The last couple of runs, the stock prop nuts keep backing off. I really appreciate all the advice.
At $399, I'm tempted to buy another one just for a back up. I really like this boat. Looking forward to your next review.
Jul 11, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote:
I will use blue locetite on mine. The last couple of runs, the stock prop nuts keep backing off. I really appreciate all the advice.

At $399, I'm tempted to buy another one just for a back up. I really like this boat. Looking forward to your next review.

I think that $399 deal is done. They were out of stock last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jul 11, 2019, 10:00 PM
Not Famous
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer
I think that $399 deal is done. They were out of stock last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct. I guess I just saved $399. LOL. On a finer note, I took my Zelos out today only to have it go air borne at 60+ mph. Everything looks ok. Guess i'll find out on the next run.
Jul 11, 2019, 10:33 PM
Not Famous
Now it seems that the Miss Geico is cheaper then the Zelos. Is this correct?
Jul 12, 2019, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Now it seems that the Miss Geico is cheaper then the Zelos. Is this correct?
Really can you post a link, I Iím in the market for the new twin Miss Geico
Thanks
Jul 12, 2019, 09:42 PM
Not Famous
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcasa
Really can you post a link, I Iím in the market for the new twin Miss Geico
Thanks
I can't find a Zelos for under $700 right now. If you can even find one. The Miss Geico seems to be around $679, but this is with a limited search.
Jul 12, 2019, 09:46 PM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
I can't find a Zelos for under $700 right now. If you can even find one. The Miss Geico seems to be around $679, but this is with a limited search.
There is one in the for sale section for 500$ looks mint too. Seller is splitting shipping costs as well.
Jul 12, 2019, 09:46 PM
Not Famous
this is the only new one I could find.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Boat-Zelo.../dp/B01BDIWZ3M
Jul 12, 2019, 09:58 PM
Not Famous
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
There is one in the for sale section for 500$ looks mint too. Seller is splitting shipping costs as well.
I seen that used one. If it came with batteries, it would be a good deal.
Jul 12, 2019, 09:59 PM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
this is the only new one I could find.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Boat-Zelo.../dp/B01BDIWZ3M
You just want brand new? The used one in the boat classifieds section is near perfect.
Jul 13, 2019, 01:51 PM
Not Famous
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
You just want brand new? The used one in the boat classifieds section is near perfect.
I tend to by new, that way, if something is wrong with it, I can send it back for a different one or a refund.
Got the bullet style prop nuts today. Put some blue (medium) locetite on the treads. To many boats on the water this weekend to take it out. Iíll wait until Monday morning.
Jul 15, 2019, 05:24 PM
My Zelos (running 4 3s 5000mah and hoffman props) has been down a bit for repairs following my tumble which caused the stock right shaft to sheer (in fact the piece was still stuck in motor coupling and had to be dug out). I got new OSE shafts and was installing them when I realized the motors had actually shifted in the crash. As such, I had to put on fresh thread lock to the motor mounts and do my best to line up the motors with the shaft. With prop angles set and matched, I thought I was done. Well, I now see small cracks in the bottom of the hull.

What is my next step to repair hull?
Jul 15, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroeder
My Zelos (running 4 3s 5000mah and hoffman props) has been down a bit for repairs following my tumble which caused the stock right shaft to sheer (in fact the piece was still stuck in motor coupling and had to be dug out). I got new OSE shafts and was installing them when I realized the motors had actually shifted in the crash. As such, I had to put on fresh thread lock to the motor mounts and do my best to line up the motors with the shaft. With prop angles set and matched, I thought I was done. Well, I now see small cracks in the bottom of the hull.

What is my next step to repair hull?
That's just gel coat spider cracks which is only cosmetic. If you want a fix add some glass or carbon inside to make it stiffer so the underside tunnel won't flex as easily causing the paint to crack. Then sand repaint the bottom.
Jul 15, 2019, 11:30 PM
Whew! I was worried I really dorked up. Excited to try the new setup with a 3 degree strut angle (is that enough?) which I hope limits the blow over caused by these super props (why it wrecked bad in first place). I also added the rudder with two water pickups for better motor cooling (adding two additional discharge ports too) and so esc’s can be on their own cooling loop.

Quick Reply