Feb 03, 2016, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
Rafael, I think this thing is awesome. I'll be saving my lunch money and eating ramen noodles for a while lol
With our Canadian dollar I'll have to save lunch and dinner money
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2016, 06:18 PM
Goshakv, I live in Maine... in the past we always had a ton of Canadians vacationing here, since your dollar plummeted we haven't seen nearly as many... sad actually, the Canadians are pretty respectful folk... and brought revenue here... not so much anymore, but all the more reason me and the misses are headed to Montreal for Valentines day truly hope things turn around dollar wise for you... that must really stink.
Feb 04, 2016, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscard
Goshakv, I live in Maine... in the past we always had a ton of Canadians vacationing here, since your dollar plummeted we haven't seen nearly as many... sad actually, the Canadians are pretty respectful folk... and brought revenue here... not so much anymore, but all the more reason me and the misses are headed to Montreal for Valentines day truly hope things turn around dollar wise for you... that must really stink.
Thanks jmscard. Don't get me started. Not the place
Hope you have great times in Montreal
Feb 07, 2016, 09:55 PM
Product Developer-Pro Boat
Thread OP
Had a good turn out today at my local boat club and let anyone who wanted try the new boat. Everyone was all smiles.
Pro Boat Zelos 36 Twin PRB08021 (3 min 2 sec)
Feb 08, 2016, 10:44 PM
"You're gonna hafta kill me"
Hi Rafael,

I assume in the latest video you are running two 3S 5000mAh batteries. Thank you for posting the video. I've ordered the Zelos from my LHS. Just in time for Spring.

Gary
Feb 08, 2016, 11:49 PM
I can honestly say that this new ProBoat Zelos 36" Twin is the best running RTR Boat I've ever piloted. SOLID thick hull and quality all the way around. Electronics stayed nice and luke warm after many full throttle hot laps. Thank you Rafael and Proboat for the opportunity to try these new bad boats out!! I will be ordering one up soon enough.
Feb 09, 2016, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke
Hi Rafael,

I assume in the latest video you are running two 3S 5000mAh batteries. Thank you for posting the video. I've ordered the Zelos from my LHS. Just in time for Spring.

Gary
Hi Gary. Yes we only ran 2, 3S Lipos with the included adapter for 6s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyPrerunner
I can honestly say that this new ProBoat Zelos 36" Twin is the best running RTR Boat I've ever piloted. SOLID thick hull and quality all the way around. Electronics stayed nice and luke warm after many full throttle hot laps. Thank you Rafael and Proboat for the opportunity to try these new bad boats out!! I will be ordering one up soon enough.
Hey Brian, I always look forward to coming out to see you guys every time we have something new. I'm glad you enjoyed running the boat, I enjoyed watching every put some hot laps on the boat.
Feb 09, 2016, 02:36 PM
Hi Rafael,

Any plans for F1 tunnel hull boat?
Last edited by goshakv; Feb 11, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
Feb 09, 2016, 05:51 PM
Thank you Rafael.

Gary
Feb 14, 2016, 12:17 PM
GadgetMan
I agree with a Plug and Play version as well. Getting way to many controllers and I also like the idea of using telemetry to monitor voltage and current. GPS for remote speed? Lot's of room for development:-)
Last edited by diodebill; Feb 14, 2016 at 09:32 PM.
Feb 14, 2016, 06:36 PM
Rafael,

I have another question. Not a lot of chatter on this thread yet.

I was running my Traxxas Spartan yesterday wide open and a gust of wind picked the front of the boat up and over she went. It took me about 15 minutes to recover the boat. The one thing I really like about the Spartan is it really is waterproof. Half the boat had been under water that whole time. I poured the water out of it, installed two fresh batteries and the Spartan never missed a beat the rest of the day. My other boats I own, I use Corrosion X on any electrical parts and I really dislike having to seal the hatch with tape every run. On the Spartan all that's required is plugging in the batteries, close the hatch and go. Really simple.

Will the Zelos require waterproofing with Corrosion X and taping the hatch down for every run?

Thank you.

Gary
Feb 15, 2016, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshakv
Hi Rafael,

Any plans for F1 tunnel hull boat?
Unfortunately, not at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diodebill
I agree with a Plug and Play version as well. Getting way to many controllers and I also like the idea of using telemetry to monitor voltage and current. GPS for remote speed? Lot's of room for development:-)
A plug and play version wold require a different part number. A different part number would require a minimum order quantity from the vendor. We don't have enough requests for PNP boats. I don't know if many of you remember but the Mystic 29 was a PNP boat, and it had to be discontinued because it didn't sell. The reality is that there is just not enough interest in a PNP boat, from Pro Boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke
Rafael,

I have another question. Not a lot of chatter on this thread yet.

I was running my Traxxas Spartan yesterday wide open and a gust of wind picked the front of the boat up and over she went. It took me about 15 minutes to recover the boat. The one thing I really like about the Spartan is it really is waterproof. Half the boat had been under water that whole time. I poured the water out of it, installed two fresh batteries and the Spartan never missed a beat the rest of the day. My other boats I own, I use Corrosion X on any electrical parts and I really dislike having to seal the hatch with tape every run. On the Spartan all that's required is plugging in the batteries, close the hatch and go. Really simple.

Will the Zelos require waterproofing with Corrosion X and taping the hatch down for every run?

Thank you.

Gary
Gary, when a company knows a boat cant be taped, they go out of their way to make the electronics 100% water proof, which is the case with the Spartan. The design of the hull and canopy prevent it from being taped to keep water out. It's expected that if its flips, the only thing that will be visible is the tip of the bow; I'm speaking form experience prior to working as a Developer here at Horizon.

The only thing that we don't have 100% water proof is the receiver. It is coated, but if its submerged you have to get all the water out of it or it can cause erratic behavior. If you are used to a boat like the Spartan, you may not be used to taping the hatch, especially if it is the only boat you own, but we always recommended taping the hatch for more than just water proofing. Tape also prevents the canopy from possibly being damaged in a hard crash. Hitting the water at 60+ MPH is like hitting concrete. Tape takes some of the work load of the canopy locking system under a hard crash. We install canopy locks and foam on all of our boats, but there are plenty of companies out there that rely only on tape to keep the canopy on. DYNM0102 is the only tape that we recommend using that will not damage the boat's finish.
Feb 16, 2016, 03:20 PM
GadgetMan

Taping Hatch: another method

[The only thing that we don't have 100% water proof is the receiver. It is coated, but if its submerged you have to get all the water out of it or it can cause erratic behavior.]

I used electronic plasticote spray coating on the receiver after I noted a couple of case openings and the capacitor connections on the circuit board were corroding. I don't use tape and have flipped my BJ29v3 without ill effects, so far, I do inspect and thoroughly drain the hull before operating again.
Last edited by diodebill; Feb 16, 2016 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
Feb 16, 2016, 04:13 PM
I have had extremely good luck over many years using just electrical tape as "hatch" tape... black works of course, but you can find in other colors easily enough... one of my good buddies is an electrician and he keeps me stocked with the 1" wide electrical tape in any color I need normal electrical tape is 3/4" but you can find it locally usually in 1" too.... works just fine... If you take it off after your last run and don't leave it on for a few days there is no residue .. if for some reason your silly (causes humidity in your boat) then it will leave some residue and some Mcguires cleaner wax will take it right off, even shine the boat up while doing so... the electrical tape is waterproof, and goes on and off easy peasy... and Its CHEAP But hatch locks or no hatch locks... 100% agree with Rafael.. use hatch tape... in fact I owned a Spartan for a short time... hate plastic boats lol... but I used tape on it also... no impossible, just a PIA to do... bring some nice shears with you for your tape so you don't have to tug it off its spool too... that way you can make it look as good as it possibly can... at 60mph you can hardly notice the tape
Feb 16, 2016, 04:14 PM
0 damage with the above mentioned tape also... it will NOT pull your clearcoat off, or decals.. works slick!

Quick Reply