Jan 27, 2016, 05:38 AM
☢ Self-Proclaimed n00b FPVer ☢
Thread OP
Discussion

New Motors ZMX 2206 and H2205-2350KV / 2633KV / 2800KV from Silver Drone

Yes, it's the 2205 Invasion. It all started quietly some time ago with the Cobra 2204..cough cough ... 2205, then T-Motor tried their luck with the Air Gear motors but those did not find much success, seems they went pretty much ignored by most serious FPVers/ multirotor pilots. When the RCX H2205's attractive introductory price of $10 per motor and their very good thrust performance became well known, it seems the 2205 trend went full swing. Supplies quickly ran out. Of course Cobra 2204 users had already been enjoying for quite sometime the benefits of a 5mm stator (both knowingly & unknowingly) for powering miniquads. So Cobra deserves a great deal of thank you's for setting high standards for performance that only has recently been achieved by the various new comers.
We now have great options such as the new EMAX RS & MT 2205 series, these new ZMX H2205's performed very promising on the thrust stand, there's also RCX 2205's, Scorpion 2205's, RotorGeeks 2205's, and DYS 2205's. QuadMcFly has also done extensive and detailed testing on many of the 2205 offerings (as well as other motors and ESC's). Head over to his site & thread for really good info: www.miniquadtestbench.com

I was sent these motors for testing from Silver-Drones, all the way from Singapore.
I'll be updating this thread adding static thrust test results with various props, videos and other info. Early impressions are that these motors performed very well and surprised me with some of the results.

Excel spreadsheet »»here««

Some of the thrust data for the Cobra and RCX motors came from my previous EMAX RS2205 test

Static Thrust Test video:

V2 Motors
Silver Drone ZMX V2 2205 Motors Static Thrust Tests (2 min 45 sec)

V1 Motors
Silver Drones ZMX 2205 Motors Static Thrust Tests (0 min 0 sec)

Last edited by EngineerX; Jun 29, 2016 at 12:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2016, 05:58 AM
Thread OP

2206 V3 Motors

ZMX V3 2206-2140KV Static Thrust Test (1 min 51 sec)

Silver-Drone ZMX V3 2206-2600KV Static Thrust Tests (1 min 43 sec)
Last edited by EngineerX; Jun 29, 2016 at 12:36 PM.
Jan 27, 2016, 05:58 AM
Thread OP
Here's Rotceh flying the ZMX 2205-2350KV motors
BDX Racer 6" // ZMX 2205 2350kv // Maiden flight (4 min 47 sec)
Jan 27, 2016, 06:10 AM
Armattan Spy
lol cant see the decimal on that scale, but I am pretty sure they do not weight 260grams each HA!
Jan 27, 2016, 01:02 PM
Not posted on SD's sight yet, I see.
Jan 27, 2016, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo
I just sent them a PM asking about pricing & availability. I'm sure that information will soon be released.
Jan 27, 2016, 07:48 PM

ZMX 2205 motors similarity with Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo
These motors will be released at a very low price on our website shortly to clear the first batch stock as the looks are very similar to Cobra that we managed to convince ZMX that we shouldn't take any profit based on others design. The V2 motor with a redesigned motor bell will be ready on the second week of February.

Regarding the noise around the design, ZMX founder will be releasing a public announcement soon and I will post it here for you guys. From what we understand, he has some personal issue with the Cobra OEM company and he claimed to be the original designer of the Cobra motors. Thus, he thought it would be cool to make his first product mimicking the design (apparently it is not cool to us and there was a lot of talking going on until we managed to convince him not to do that)
Jan 27, 2016, 11:17 PM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Awesome! new thrust data xD

Ok so here's some notes of mine i've taken while testing

Quote:
They have 1.5mm grub screw! - I thought this was the best thing ever when i seen it , i no joke jumped up and down lol

Super smooth bearings - seem well oiled aswell however there not easy to remove on my samples though i hear that's to be fixed soon as they did request that the bearing be easy to remove

High quality cnc - these motors feel and look sexy! very slimier looking to the cobras and while i dont have any to compare i will say there's no sharp edges that can cut you while removing props like you have on the rcx motors

circlip :/ - being changed on the 2'nd run i think though so thats good and i will do a video on how to remove these and re use them but i do feel strongly about them.

Caphead's - my samples come with capheads .. there nice and good quality but maybe way over kill , very likely these are going to be replaced and were just put in the bag so i had some hardware to mount but i do hope these don't make it to production.

Price ??? not 100% sure but i know these are aiming to be much cheaper then cobra and emax then later they might come out with something around the same price but better performance!

In flight - they feel pretty dam good! best 2205 motor currently in my collection based on quality and thrust ! i think they'll be worth every penny over the rcx 2205 but rcx 2206 still have the best power and are very strong but lack the cnc finish and are not in the same category so not sure why im even talking about them haha
Keen to see what others think

i'll try to get a video out very soon in the same style as my other motor review videos showing the weight/ insides and some general maintenance!
Jan 28, 2016, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusDrAg
These motors will be released at a very low price on our website shortly to clear the first batch stock as the looks are very similar to Cobra that we managed to convince ZMX that we shouldn't take any profit based on others design. The V2 motor with a redesigned motor bell will be ready on the second week of February.

Regarding the noise around the design, ZMX founder will be releasing a public announcement soon and I will post it here for you guys. From what we understand, he has some personal issue with the Cobra OEM company and he claimed to be the original designer of the Cobra motors. Thus, he thought it would be cool to make his first product mimicking the design (apparently it is not cool to us and there was a lot of talking going on until we managed to convince him not to do that)
Nice! I may have to pick up a few of the 2633's. They'll go great in one of my 180mm miniquads with 4040 tris or 4045BN's.

When I first inspected them I thought they looked similar to the Cobras, but when compared side by side they're just similar and not identical. Much the same way 2 cars or 2 motorcycles from different manufacturers look similar. The bell patterns are actually quite different. The part that looks closest is the motor base. I actually like the way it looks and don't think of it as copy of Cobra's design.
Interesting story about the motor designer. Well as long as motor's performance remains unchanged the "look" is secondary
Good on you to consider the redesign for the reasons you stated. I don't think it was needed but it's good you want to make them distinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih
Awesome! new thrust data xD

Ok so here's some notes of mine i've taken while testing

Keen to see what others think

i'll try to get a video out very soon in the same style as my other motor review videos showing the weight/ insides and some general maintenance!
I thought the same as you when I grabbed my allen wrenches to disassemble and noticed the grub screw was 1.5mm I thought why can't every other motor have the same?

Yep, those circlips are a pain to remove. Best so far is RCX's C- or is it E-clip. It's a non-issue really.

*Updated table, Cobra & RCX motor numbers added
Last edited by EngineerX; Jan 28, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
Jan 30, 2016, 04:56 AM

ZMX H2205-2350KV/2633KV/2800KV are out @ US$10.5 a piece

Headover to

http://silver-drone.com/collections/...nt=15625143427

We are proud to announce that ZMX motors with V1 bell are released for purchase. With incredible performance at just US$10.5 and 1-on-1 warranty policy, we wish to get these high quality motors to as many customers as possible! Get it now until we resolve the IP issue with C**ra, around end of Feb, the price will be raised back to US$12.99
Jan 30, 2016, 05:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusDrAg
Headover to

http://silver-drone.com/collections/...nt=15625143427

We are proud to announce that ZMX motors with V1 bell are released for purchase. With incredible performance at just US$10.5 and 1-on-1 warranty policy, we wish to get these high quality motors to as many customers as possible! Get it now until we resolve the IP issue with C**ra, around end of Feb, the price will be raised back to US$12.99
Wow! that's an amazing introductory price and regular price as well.
I may have to pick up some extra ones.

I just finished editing video, it'll be up soon It's uploaded!. Nothing too exciting, just showing motor on the thrust test stand

Silver Drones ZMX 2205 Motors Static Thrust Tests (0 min 0 sec)
Last edited by EngineerX; Jan 30, 2016 at 06:33 AM.
Jan 30, 2016, 07:07 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Awesome , heading to a race tomorrow and i'll be flying these , i don't expect to go very well but at least i know its not a lack of thrust xD just nerves
Jan 30, 2016, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih
Awesome , heading to a race tomorrow and i'll be flying these , i don't expect to go very well but at least i know its not a lack of thrust xD just nerves
Good luck mate! Let us know how it went.
Jan 30, 2016, 07:41 PM
z33
z33
Interested in the 2800kv motors. Will they work well with 4in tri blades? (4s)
Jan 30, 2016, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33
Interested in the 2800kv motors. Will they work well with 4in tri blades? (4s)
Yes, they works very well. The true KV is 2747KV, around the same as RG2205-2700KV. I have tested them on a tweaker frame, fast setup

Quick Reply