Blade Zeyrok - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 03, 2016, 04:47 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
Hm... Maybe it is meant for a DX9 as Gary used his DX9 to program it?
I will import it to my DX9 then and when I get mine ( Zeyrok) I will try on both DX6 and DX9.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2016, 07:14 PM
SuperDave

Zeyrok Arrived Today


Hi Guys,

My new Zeyrok arrived today. I bought the yellow BNF without the camera. I've got other bigger machines with cameras, and I just wanted something small for flying outdoors in light winds and smaller spaces. I also have a Blade Inductrix that I love flying indoors, but it's so light it can only fly outdoors in calm conditions.

First impressions are that it is lighter than it looks in the pictures. The body shell is quite thin, made from a slightly flexible plastic, and seems like it should be pretty durable. I wasn't sure if the non-camera version came with the landing gear, but it was included and pre-installed.

I bound it to an old DX5e I had laying around. The channel 5 mode switch seems to operate the flight modes properly. After charging the battery, I took it outside for a test flight. As I expected from a Blade product, it flies really well. Maneuverable enough for small spaces. Very stable and handled the 3-5 mph wind pretty well. It doesn't have gobs of power, but about as I expected from a geared brushed 1s setup. I flew for 7-8 minutes without hitting the LVC. I made two more flights during the afternoon also about the same duration and never hit the LVC. My charger shows about 500-550 mah going back into the 750 mah battery.

All in all I'm pleased with this little machine. I went ahead and ordered 2 more batteries, a pair of motors, a set of prop shafts, and a set of gears. (The quad came with a spare set of props in the box.) I'm planning on flying this a lot, and that should set me up with the most commonly needed parts.

SuperDave
May 03, 2016, 08:30 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblejeune
Hi Guys,

My new Zeyrok arrived today. I bought the yellow BNF without the camera. I've got other bigger machines with cameras, and I just wanted something small for flying outdoors in light winds and smaller spaces. I also have a Blade Inductrix that I love flying indoors, but it's so light it can only fly outdoors in calm conditions.

First impressions are that it is lighter than it looks in the pictures. The body shell is quite thin, made from a slightly flexible plastic, and seems like it should be pretty durable. I wasn't sure if the non-camera version came with the landing gear, but it was included and pre-installed.

I bound it to an old DX5e I had laying around. The channel 5 mode switch seems to operate the flight modes properly. After charging the battery, I took it outside for a test flight. As I expected from a Blade product, it flies really well. Maneuverable enough for small spaces. Very stable and handled the 3-5 mph wind pretty well. It doesn't have gobs of power, but about as I expected from a geared brushed 1s setup. I flew for 7-8 minutes without hitting the LVC. I made two more flights during the afternoon also about the same duration and never hit the LVC. My charger shows about 500-550 mah going back into the 750 mah battery.

All in all I'm pleased with this little machine. I went ahead and ordered 2 more batteries, a pair of motors, a set of prop shafts, and a set of gears. (The quad came with a spare set of props in the box.) I'm planning on flying this a lot, and that should set me up with the most commonly needed parts.

SuperDave
Awesome to hear!
May 04, 2016, 11:22 AM
Orlando FL
Dennis S's Avatar
Thanks SuperDave for your first impressions, before I buy I would like to here from owners of Blade 180QX and Latrax Alias , if it can hold it's own against those then it might have to be an early Father's Day gift
May 04, 2016, 11:25 AM
Orlando FL
Dennis S's Avatar
Here is a review posted just yesterday

Blade Zeyrok: Review and Flight (11 min 43 sec)
May 04, 2016, 12:05 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
rcnutrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S
Thanks SuperDave for your first impressions, before I buy I would like to here from owners of Blade 180QX and Latrax Alias , if it can hold it's own against those then it might have to be an early Father's Day gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S
Here is a review posted just yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZUrJMzaopM
Having watched this review and I own an Alias as well as a Dromida Ominus, my impression is that for the money, this is a good little quad that now I def want to have.
Assuming that most of the BnF buyers already have a true hobby grade TX, I would say this is the biggest attraction for me.
The Alias is a good quad but it is a couple of years old , the main drawback is its plastic TX, not bad for what it is. If that is someone's first attempt into flying, then he/she won't know the difference, but if the flyer has prior experience with a hobby grade TX, then it is not an ideal situation.
It is nice to have the three distinct modes and explained clearly in the review. When I fly my Alias in the so-called "expert" more which is like the agility mode, it is just as stable and easy to fly as the reviewer's impression on the Zeyrok, however I think the difference is in the Staglity mode where you can still manually flip/roll the quad if stick input is greater than 85%. That is a major factor for me as I don't always fly in Agility or the so-called "expert" mode but still would like to have the possibility to flip/roll where as the Alias is not configured to do that----at least not that I am aware of in its "middle mode".
lastly, I owned the Dromida Ominus for as long as I have the Alias and I prefer the Alias. The only advantage of the Ominus is that I used a Tactic Anylink with my DX6 so I can fly with my TX, however those who own the FPV version of the Ominus is out of luck as that model uses a different protocol and won't work with the Anylink.
Just my $.02
Don't forget the battery is almost twice as large in its capacity, another plus!
May 04, 2016, 05:55 PM
Registered User
TalonMech's Avatar
I guess as long as people keep buying brushed quads, they will keep selling them. I just wish brushed motors would go the way of the typewriter, or the cassette tape, or the pager. I do still have fun flying them, but always know the fun is short lived because the motors are short lived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
May 04, 2016, 07:05 PM
Registered User
I got mine yesterday, programmed it to my DX6 according to the manual and flew it. It reminded me of a sturdier and more stable 180QX which is one of my favorite models. I agree with the other poster. It beats the alias simply because you can use a hobby grade controller on it. I'm not great at programming radios and the whole "flight mode" thing really throws me off. But I did go and tweak the settings experimentally and got three really good flight modes: stability, stagility and full throws (I haven't flown that one yet) I have noticed that it is noisy, more so than the 180 and the traxxis. Other than that, I highly recommend it. I don't do the whole "mod" thing but I would like to make one mod. I have a Tactic Drone View camera that looks like it would fit if I carefully dremilled the landing gear to accommodate it. It gives you first person view from your iPhone. Anyway, looking forward to thoughts from others.
May 04, 2016, 08:19 PM
Registered User
teryn1's Avatar
wow, these batteries are long (and skinny)....I don't have any that shape. Any source for good, replacement batteries? As you know, Blade and e-flite batteries are junk.
May 04, 2016, 08:23 PM
Registered User
teryn1's Avatar
Only if you continually fly and let them overheat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonMech
I guess as long as people keep buying brushed quads, they will keep selling them. I just wish brushed motors would go the way of the typewriter, or the cassette tape, or the pager. I do still have fun flying them, but always know the fun is short lived because the motors are short lived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
May 05, 2016, 09:08 AM
Registered User
teryn1's Avatar
....
Last edited by teryn1; May 05, 2016 at 03:29 PM.
May 05, 2016, 01:38 PM
Orlando FL
Dennis S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutrc
Having watched this review and I own an Alias as well as a Dromida Ominus, my impression is that for the money, this is a good little quad that now I def want to have.
Assuming that most of the BnF buyers already have a true hobby grade TX, I would say this is the biggest attraction for me.
The Alias is a good quad but it is a couple of years old , the main drawback is its plastic TX, not bad for what it is. If that is someone's first attempt into flying, then he/she won't know the difference, but if the flyer has prior experience with a hobby grade TX, then it is not an ideal situation.

Don't forget the battery is almost twice as large in its capacity, another plus!
+1 on all that, I have the Dromida Vista and that quad has been a disappointment.
Very difficult to do manual flips with the vista. The Zeyrok looks like it flips easily. Might it be possible to strap a Dromida battery to the belly of the Zeyrok,
May 05, 2016, 08:11 PM
Orlando FL
Dennis S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonMech
I guess as long as people keep buying brushed quads, they will keep selling them. I just wish brushed motors would go the way of the typewriter, or the cassette tape, or the pager. I do still have fun flying them, but always know the fun is short lived because the motors are short lived.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
A lot of people trash talk brushed motors but I have had few problems with them, I have a Nano QX 3D with 150 flights on original motors, I have a dozen other small brushed quads and they are all doing fine. The coreless direct drive motor found on all nano and micro class quads are extremely reliable. I would like to see someone make a mini quad ( Zeyrok size) with direct drive coreless motors
May 05, 2016, 08:43 PM
SQUIRREL PATROL
inap's Avatar
checked my lhs today but no zeyrok in stock :/

i love both brushed and blushless quads. i used them for different reasons but i have fun with all of them

hmmm... does anyone know how big the fc for this quad is? kinda want to see if i can use this fc on an alias frame.
May 05, 2016, 10:02 PM
Registered User
ufoman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S
A lot of people trash talk brushed motors but I have had few problems with them, I have a Nano QX 3D with 150 flights on original motors, I have a dozen other small brushed quads and they are all doing fine. The coreless direct drive motor found on all nano and micro class quads are extremely reliable. I would like to see someone make a mini quad ( Zeyrok size) with direct drive coreless motors
I agree Brushed coreless motors from the Micro warehouse are very good and have been using them in my Nanos. The brushless motors while good, you still have to replace the noisy bearings in them and in some cases can be priced almost as high as the motors or at least half the cost.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Unused Blade Inductrix transmitter and Blade Zeyrok Transmitter fin13 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Nov 26, 2016 09:13 AM