Blade Zeyrok - Page 47 - RC Groups
May 15, 2017, 12:04 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
You should give these brush motors a break. Ten min. is a long time and the tiny motor has no way of dissipating heat.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2017, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutrc
You should give these brush motors a break. Ten min. is a long time and the tiny motor has no way of dissipating heat.
Maybe, but I don't fly WOT. They didn't feel that hot actually, just warm.
Last edited by JWDen; May 15, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
May 16, 2017, 12:56 AM
If it flies, I can crash it.
The stock battery is 750mAh and the replacement you bought was 1200mAh. So 60% more power. If the stock battery was good, and it flies for 4 minutes, the 1200 should go 4*1.6 = 6.4 minutes. You're getting nearly twice that on the 1200. No question that the stock battery is not performing as it should.
May 16, 2017, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
The stock battery is 750mAh and the replacement you bought was 1200mAh. So 60% more power. If the stock battery was good, and it flies for 4 minutes, the 1200 should go 4*1.6 = 6.4 minutes. You're getting nearly twice that on the 1200. No question that the stock battery is not performing as it should.
That's what I thought and it's why I bought the larger battery.

Thanks for your comment.
May 16, 2017, 07:46 PM
JW Den, By the time you get all the screws out of the Zeyrok to feel the motor, it has had plenty of time to cool down. they ought to be warm to the touch by the. LOL
May 16, 2017, 08:04 PM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy1953
JW Den, By the time you get all the screws out of the Zeyrok to feel the motor, it has had plenty of time to cool down. they ought to be warm to the touch by the. LOL
The inside is hot, and there is no scientific way to tell exactly how hot it is. I used to have a Heli-Max 1s Quad and the same kind of pager motor. That motor is exposed at the end of the frame so i can have a more direct feel for it, and after 5 minutes it can be hot.
May 17, 2017, 10:15 PM
These motors are only rated for a few hours of continuous operation. They are a "consumable" just like a battery. Yeah, you can burn 'em out faster running them hot, but they're going to start to fade after a couple of dozen flights no matter what you do...
May 18, 2017, 10:47 PM
Orlando FL
Has anyone heard what the future is for the Zeyrok, On Horizon Hobby web site, they no longer list the RTF, only the BNF at a big discount, in the past this has meant once current inventory is gone there will be no more, I do enjoy flying these small line off site quads with a good radio, so I hope we see a Zeyrok II or something like it
May 19, 2017, 02:16 PM
Terrain! Terrain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S
Has anyone heard what the future is for the Zeyrok, On Horizon Hobby web site, they no longer list the RTF, only the BNF at a big discount, in the past this has meant once current inventory is gone there will be no more, I do enjoy flying these small line off site quads with a good radio, so I hope we see a Zeyrok II or something like it
I haven't heard anything, but a price reduction does often precede a model being discontinued or "upgraded". This has happened to several of my aircraft I really enjoy flying. It's a good thing most replacement parts are still available, but some are getting hard to find.
May 25, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutrc
It depends how evenly you can spread that coat, it will be hard to balance but the rpm is so slow on that thing that I would think a bit of unevenness should not be too much of a bother. Anyway, cheers and good luck.
Uh... How do you balance these props? The traditional prop balancers won't work. At least, I can't figure out how to make them work.
May 25, 2017, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelveblades
I haven't heard anything, but a price reduction does often precede a model being discontinued or "upgraded". This has happened to several of my aircraft I really enjoy flying. It's a good thing most replacement parts are still available, but some are getting hard to find.
That's been my experience too, 12blades. They put them on sales to clear out the inventory. They seldom bring an airframe back once they discontinue it.

Darn it.
May 25, 2017, 10:20 PM
You don't need to balance the props. They don't spin fast enough for imbalance to matter much.

And you can definitely paint them if you want. I painted mine (well actually, the whole thing, after I cut the nose off so I could install an FPV camera).

Name: 2017-02-22 18.16.54.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 290.3 KB
Description:
May 30, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
You don't need to balance the props. They don't spin fast enough for imbalance to matter much.

And you can definitely paint them if you want. I painted mine (well actually, the whole thing, after I cut the nose off so I could install an FPV camera).

Attachment 10069566
I like the painted tips in your props. I may borrow that idea. Does it make the quad easier to see?
May 31, 2017, 10:41 PM
I fly it FPV, so no, it doesn't help me much. But hover testing it, it did look kind of cool. The black prop blades are nearly invisible against a dark background, but the red tips stand out. So you see a red ring outlining the prop disk on each corner of the quad. Please do copy the idea. 5 minutes with some blue painters tape and a brush was all it took... I didn't bother spraying and I only painted the tops.
Jun 03, 2017, 01:40 PM
DFS#000178
I just picked up one of these as a novelty because it looks neat and Horizon had them with the camera for $59.00

I went through the setup, put AUX1 on the I button on my DX7(Gen2), plugged in the camera, fired the unit up, bound it.

However, when I rapidly press the I button twice, nothing happens. It states the rear LEDs should blink to indicate a still has been taken.

When I hold the I button down for 3 seconds, nothing happens. It states the rear LEDs should blink slowly to indicate recording has started.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas?

I have an SD card in the camera. Pulled it out of my GoPro.