Blade Zeyrok - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 12, 2016, 12:40 AM
I'm guessing this quad will get pushed around more in the wind with the body structure? Got a lot of parts/motors left over from a V212/ Blade 180 qx wonder if any of these will be usable? Hope the motors are good and long lasting on this new Zeyrok.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2016, 01:05 AM
Suspended Account
Interesting.....
Feb 19, 2016, 10:27 AM
glad they offer it BNF and with/out camera, but there is no BNF with camera I guess. I'm glad there are now more quad offerings with a cooler look--with canopies, full bodies and integrated lights. They not only are more visually appealing but greatly help with orientation in the air.
Feb 19, 2016, 10:29 AM
hope this flies at least as well as the nano qx 3d, one of my favorites except for the LED problems.
Feb 19, 2016, 06:46 PM
They are saying an April release for this quad. I need something to replace my Wl toys v212s.....tired of the dropouts. And this quad comes under 250 grams so that is also a plus so no FAA regulations on it.
Feb 19, 2016, 10:15 PM
I hope it's April!
HH told me not till May 12th...But I know these dates can change a lot.
Mar 01, 2016, 08:03 PM
John Hendry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtoy
I can build a brushless 250 with parts from china on the cheap for a little more than the bnf version of this ,..& it is brushed motors ,....however that being said ,.. for 90 bucks no fuss no waiting for parts ready to bind & fly If it can take abuse & carry a mobius runcam , it would be great for getting video stills in places where you dont want to risk something more expensive , we will have to see how long the motors last & different battery options & whats under that canopy..
You left out that's protocol is Spektum DSMX and for me that justifies a higher price... my question is does it bind at 11ms like the NanoQX for better resolution or 22ms like the NanoQX3D (that SHOULD have 11ms control) and will it out perform the U807 (that need's a modified DEVO radio for better resolution) at about a 1/3 the price which makes for a nice backyard FPV quad you don't have to worry about breaking the neighborhood or a finger that's under 250 grams...
Mar 02, 2016, 01:37 AM
John Hendry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop
hope this flies at least as well as the nano qx 3d, one of my favorites except for the LED problems.
The Nano QX3D is my favorite direct drive backyard daytime flyer too but I wouldn't expect a geared quad to fly as nice as a direct drive quad, at least not on 1S. There's a trade off to get better flight times and lifting capabilities with a geared quad. I like the NQX 3D because the lights on the JJ1000 are too dim to see in the daytime... but at night with Hubsan props, a Nano tech 260 batt, and 4 cherry picked motors to eliminate the slowest motor it's by far my favorite with a DEVO 10. But if Blade would offer some non 3D standard props for longer flight times and better performance I might not say that. I only get 1/2 the flight time with it compaired to the JJ1000's 7+ min flight times even with a 300mAh batt that has a higher C rating. The LVC comes on earlier than the JJ1000 to be fair but it still has short flight times because of the 3D props used just as the 200QX suffers when using 3D props. I get a minute+ more time and much faster climb outs on the JJ1000 just by changing to Hubsan props so I think the NanoQX3D has a lot of performance not being accessed and wasted just to fly upside down. With better props equal to the Hubsan props it might take on the JJ1000 since it's so munch lighter. Shame Blade used motors with .8mm shafts instead of 1mm. Haven't tried it yet with a set of longer 7mm motors to use "real" props and would rather keep it light with the shorter stock 7mm motors and smaller props so its FC PI timing is not affected as much. Training to fly 3D heli's aside, I just don't see what the big deal of flying upside down with a quad is and would much rather crank and bank harder and fly faster in more wind while getting to stay up longer. But I was complaining to HH about the age of the 180QX and this looks like a winner if the body is as light as being reported. I'm sure it has bearings which at our cost adds another 7-8 bucks so it's really not that expensive BNF. It may have some nice flight characteristics that put it above all the other geared quads... just have to wait and see.
Last edited by John Hendry; Mar 02, 2016 at 02:37 AM.
Mar 02, 2016, 07:30 PM
Orlando FL
+1 on the Nano QX3D, I would gladly give up inverted flying for 2D props and flight modes like the QX were when in agility mode a quick press of a button and your back to level flight, you can't do that with the QX3D, if you take off in agility mode you are stuck there until you land ( or crash)

I don't see any of this being an issue with the Zeyrok, big question for me is can it out fly the latrax alias. If yes I am a buyer
Mar 03, 2016, 12:14 AM
I get 10 minute flights on the geared WL toys V212s with 600 mah batteries.....which is similar to the Blade 180qx. I am lucky to get 5 minutes out of my standard Nano QX with and without upgraded coreless motors. I am still worried about this frame being pushed around a lot in the wind and since it has brushed motors won't have the power to overcome. It would be great for however for large indoor areas. Depends on the performance outside whether I add a couple of these Zeyrok quads to my collection or just go for the Scisky brushed Naze board and add them to my WL toys V212 frames.
Apr 07, 2016, 05:05 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Looked at the spare parts list, all nice except it said the frame has been discontinued. How can that be when the quad is not even out yet?
Apr 28, 2016, 04:30 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Showing in stock now!
Apr 28, 2016, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
Showing in stock now!
Great! Can you please provide a link?
Apr 29, 2016, 01:11 AM
Certified Public Airman

In Stock Now

https://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-quadcopters/BLH7380T1.html

In stock and for extra bonus is available at 15% discount with code QH15
Apr 29, 2016, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need More mAh
https://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-quadcopters/BLH7380T1.html

In stock and for extra bonus is available at 15% discount with code QH15
The coupon code doesn't seem to be working.
.... checking again.

I'm definitely interested in the Zeyrok. I have been on the fence about getting an Alias, as well.

I received my MMW Fast motors to replace a bad one in my Inductrix. But; I have been too busy to install them. Hopefully; today I can do just that. I was thinking I would move my Nano motors over to the Inductrix, and put the new Fast motors in the Nano since I think having the Fast motors for outdoors flying would be better than indoors on the Inductrix. Although; flying the Inductrix outside in calm weather is very enjoyable. Ha!
I guess, I'll be needing another set of the MMW soon enough, anyway.
I also ordered 4 of the 205mAh batteries from Benedikt.
Last edited by SpyderGKH; Apr 29, 2016 at 08:23 AM.