Mar 15, 2016, 08:12 AM
Great!!!! Then you already should probably plan how to ship it to me to Germany on affordable costs :-)) I'm going to buy a Inductrix 200 soon, but only if there is a solution to use 'standard' lipos - so your frame might be the way to go!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2016, 11:47 AM
HX4
HX4
UAS: FA33XLR7CL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Yes it will be a prop guard frame with fully enclosed props and it will be smaller.
Hope it handles like the Inductrix. "Smaller" refering to the 4blade props. Or the actual size of the quad? Also hope eventually you will have a kit option. Frame, motor, props, FCB with bare power and VTX leads. Would allow user to select own battery + connector and VTX/camera option.

New shop looks nice. Remember images of your old shop.
Mar 15, 2016, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Yes it will be a prop guard frame with fully enclosed props and it will be smaller.
Ordered my inductrix yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm also really glad to hear they will be enclosed props as that's the point of this little guy.
+1 for smaller
+1 for non-proprietary battery
+1 to be able to add our own cam and VTX
Mar 15, 2016, 03:14 PM
Just got mine today fun little thing it is........my fingers are itching to do a bit of modding that camera will be out by tonight or tomorrow when i get the time
Mar 15, 2016, 08:04 PM
Working to make things happen!
I like the idea of a smaller quad than this even, while still keeping the protection of the ducts. I will probably be standing in the virtual line, waiting, Tony!
Mar 15, 2016, 08:12 PM
Working to make things happen!
I was interested in this product, and unfortunately they failed to get crowd funded. Not sure why, because it seemed like a better, and more plausible RC aircraft than most on crowd funding sites. Anyway, the new Inductrix reminds me of it in a way. I kind of wanted one of these blocky looking aerial tanks.

Nano Tornado Camera Drone: World's Safest Drone (2 min 55 sec)

Nano Tornado Flying Through the Trees (1 min 36 sec)
Last edited by HeliStorm (FPV America); Mar 15, 2016 at 08:18 PM.
Mar 15, 2016, 09:38 PM
Just flew it
Hi, I got mine tonight
I made up a connector adapter and tried some HobbyKing Rhino 610mah batteries that I had, these are about the same length and height as the stock battery but about 2/3 width
3 packs all gave about 3 minutes each, which was disappointing
I know that these have a smaller capacity but I was hoping for a little more

But I only got about 5:20 on the stock battery until the first red flash of the LED, it was it's first cycle, but isn't that a bit low?

I can't find any 800mah batteries that have the same thin but wide profile, it wouldn't be too hard to cut off the battery retainer from the frame and replace it with a flat plate and velcro straps, but I'm beginning to like the clip in battery
Mar 16, 2016, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
If you watch around the 12 minute mark in the video where I am practicing drop descents, it recovers quickly and feels more controlled than descending with power.

Flying without the aid of FPV, it is easy to lose orientation, especially at a distance. I am considering modding this with LEDs or something similar.
Did you notice the quad yawing on drop descents? Mine definitely does that.
Mar 16, 2016, 07:30 AM
Hmm i was thinking about getting one of these but we're only on page 14 and ppl are already talking about wanting an after marked frame wow
Mar 16, 2016, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayik View Post
Hmm i was thinking about getting one of these but we're only on page 14 and ppl are already talking about wanting an after marked frame wow
All part of the hobby we like to mod dont let that put you of it's a nice little quad.
Last edited by Merch; Mar 16, 2016 at 09:32 AM.
Mar 16, 2016, 10:27 AM
Big FPV Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayik View Post
+1

and end up spending more $ on an already overpriced quad.

no thanks
Mar 16, 2016, 10:49 AM
Just in the middle of putting a Quanum camera on this..just watch out cuz they have swithed the wires around to the plug on the main board ...Black is still - and white +........will keep you updated.
Mar 16, 2016, 11:48 AM
Everything working A ok.....Time to mod the frame and test flight also gonna see if the lens from the stock cam will fit the Quanum to get rid of the fisheye.
Mar 16, 2016, 12:11 PM
Here are some pics of our prototype frame.
We still need to design a cover for the FPV VTX.
Right now it is 4g lighter.
You can mount the battery on top or bottom.
Stock legs can mount on the bottom if you want to use them .
If you use the stock battery no soldering is involved.
If you want to run aftermarket batteries you can just solder a new connector on to match you batteries.
Mar 16, 2016, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Here are some pics of our prototype frame.
We still need to design a cover for the FPV VTX.
Right now it is 4g lighter.
You can mount the battery on top or bottom.
Stock legs can mount on the bottom if you want to use them .
If you use the stock battery no soldering is involved.
If you want to run aftermarket batteries you can just solder a new connector on to match you batteries.
Now this looks much better than stock imo. Nice Job!