New Spektrum Radio DX20 - RC Groups
Jan 26, 2016, 04:22 PM
New Product

New Spektrum Radio DX20

There is a short teaser on the Spektrum facebook page. I see 2 air radios.

One with a CNC milled gimbal. Carbon case.

The new premium radio will have a color display (since there is also a picture of a surface radio with color display). This should probably be a competitor to other premium radios, I think it will have also hall sensors on the gimbals, nice telemetry screens (hopefully they finally understand the importance of telemetry).

More information to come, probably tomorrow around 9am GMT+1, then the Toy Fair in Nürnberg starts. I will update this thread as soon as I have more.

Edit: Hm. I am a little bit disappointed. I expected way more. This can't be all.

http://www.horizonhobby.de/media/cat...i/file_5_4.jpg
Last edited by Mukenukem; Jan 27, 2016 at 02:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2016, 05:25 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Interesting. The cnc gimbal looks nice, but if that really is a new DX8 I am confused why they feel they need three radios (the 6, 7 and 8) with similar specs. Maybe the 8 will have something new or innovative, but if it does then sales of the 9 might get undermined.

It can't be easy coming up with a clearly segmented model range in the current environment as users become savvy that channels don't really cost anything in digital systems. Spek is the sales leader here though by miles these days, so they can't be doing too much wrong. I love my Taranis, but still regularly recommend Spek gear for those people who just want to fly fairly std models and/or want to purchase the BNF models from HH.
Last edited by MattyB; Jan 26, 2016 at 05:33 PM.
Jan 26, 2016, 06:22 PM
The CNC gimbal is on the DX20. The new DX8 will probably be the same like the DX7G2 plus some extra functions. But I think there is no need for a new DX8. But in a couple of hours we will be wiser....
Last edited by Mukenukem; Jan 27, 2016 at 04:30 AM.
Jan 26, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
Interesting. The cnc gimbal looks nice, but if that really is a new DX8 I am confused why they feel they need three radios (the 6, 7 and 8) with similar specs. Maybe the 8 will have something new or innovative, but if it does then sales of the 9 might get undermined.

It can't be easy coming up with a clearly segmented model range in the current environment as users become savvy that channels don't really cost anything in digital systems. Spek is the sales leader here though by miles these days, so they can't be doing too much wrong. I love my Taranis, but still regularly recommend Spek gear for those people who just want to fly fairly std models and/or want to purchase the BNF models from HH.
I'd think it's more likely to be an update to the DX9, which is now 2.5 years old and the oldest Tx in the line aside from the budget DX6i (which I suspect lingers just due to the difficulty in replacing it at its current pricepoint).

It would be hard to do a DX8g2 now, since there's not a huge amount of wiggle room between the $300 DX7 and the $450 DX9, it'd be hard to do a $375-ish DX8 and come up with a solid feature set in between the two, they really differ only in what's enabled in software, the sliders and the antenna setup (oh, and the two channels), and the DX7 is so new.
Jan 26, 2016, 08:08 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Never mind.
Jan 26, 2016, 08:11 PM
Facebook.com then pull up the spektrumrc page.

Andy
Jan 26, 2016, 08:12 PM
The spektrum part I missed, was looking in horizon hobby page.
Jan 26, 2016, 09:52 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
I saw the model number in one of the videos and it said DX256.
Jan 26, 2016, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBigas
I saw the model number in one of the videos and it said DX256.
Where did you see this? I am only aware of the one picture currently on Facebook.
Jan 26, 2016, 10:08 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Hee hee...is just a long running joke in the big Spektrum thread.
Jan 26, 2016, 10:10 PM
Google dx256 and you'll see

Andy
Jan 26, 2016, 10:22 PM
Not sure how I've missed it (I kinda feel stupid). The DX256 sounds like the perfect TX. Its going to be released soon right?
Jan 27, 2016, 02:26 AM
The land down under
So who on earth signed off on the dx20? It's got to be one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen. Infact all it needs is a night out on the town at the blue oyster.
Last edited by simo71; Jan 27, 2016 at 02:42 AM.
Jan 27, 2016, 03:25 AM
Handsome. Ergonomically. High-performance. And an absolute highlight among our news. The ‪#‎Spectrum‬ ‪#‎Dx20‬ is unique in all its aspects: 20 full proportional control channels, 4-fold ball bearing aluminium gimbals, carbon fibre cables, built-in telemetry functions, speech synthesis, wireless teacher / student System, Multi-Engine-control, per trim, 11 MS Frame Council, Diversity Antenna, extensive programming for powered flight, gliding, helicopter and multi rotors and and and... See for yourself: http://www.horizonhobby.de/spektrum-dx20.html

Andy whats the plugs? cameras? on the gimble surround ?

i think it looks ok myself
Jan 27, 2016, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
...snip... Andy whats the plugs? cameras? on the gimble surround ? i think it looks ok myself
I don't see plugs but rather just screws - Looks = Interesting, nothing concrete until I get to hold one. Mukenukem's comment about color screen being on it since a surface radio was shown with one really had me going....

Looking at closeup of the pic I guessing the sliders are going to be in the back similar to DX9, some will be happy I kinda like the side levers on the DX18.

Can't wait to see real pictures and in person...