Esprit Model to Stock Opale Paragliders

R/C Powered Paragliders are making a big splash in the US. These are already very popular overseas, but now more US Vendors are getting on board and supporting this unique part of the hobby...

Splash

Esprit Model Brings Opale Paragliders to the East Coast

R/C Powered Paragliders are making a big splash in the US. These are already very popular overseas, but now more US Vendors are getting on board and supporting this unique part of the hobby. Esprit Model is jumping in with the Opale brand products which are known for their high quality construction and great flying qualities.

The team pilots at Esprit Model took some out to the beach recently and made the promo video shown below. You can tell they are having a blast. They plan to offer combos, kits, and parts and you'll be able to get great support from a trusted US vendor. It's no secret that I love my two paragliders so I'm excited to see ZB and the gang get behind this category. I look forward to seeing more paragliders flying at SEFF and Joe Nall!

Check out the Esprit Model Opale product page here. The page is still under construction as they continue to add more items from the line.

Jan 26, 2016, 10:56 AM
Shining a light on the hobby.
The word on the street is that I will be reviewing one of these so keep your eye out for that as well!
Jan 26, 2016, 11:29 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I really like these and this company looks to put out a very nice product, but I just cant get past the cost of entry into glider kits... very pricey.
Jan 26, 2016, 05:11 PM
Blew out my flip flop
I wont EVER buy anything from Esprit, due to my personal issues with the owner, ZB, but anyone who does buy a powered parachute probably wont regret it. I have one, a Seabreeze, and love it!
Last edited by David Hogue; Jan 27, 2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: mods said it was flatulence
Jan 26, 2016, 06:31 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
That huge Trike looks cool!
over $600
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 26, 2016, 07:56 PM
Lou
Lou
Ah ... lucky guy! They are a nice setup.
Jan 26, 2016, 10:43 PM
MK
MK
Pricey stuff!
Jan 26, 2016, 11:10 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Too expensive...
Jan 26, 2016, 11:16 PM
Why would anyone want to fly a paraglider over a glider
Jan 27, 2016, 01:35 AM
I Crash Therefore I Buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
I wont EVER buy anything from Esprit... but anyone who does buy a powered parachute probably wont regret it.
+1 for all of that ^!

I know the owner and designer of these amazing foils and he puts Love into each and every one. He has worked very hard in the design and testing of these for many years. They ARE expensive and absolutely worth every penny.
Jan 27, 2016, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe50
Why would anyone want to fly a paraglider over a glider
Yes, me. Why, because I also like the capabilities and challenges of a paraglider.
And some days I'd pick up a glider instead of a paraglider... The two hardly compares...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the initial cost of any good rc-paraglider, though it might seem frighteningly high, it is not.
One has to realize the complexity, the build-quality and the numerous man-hours that goes into manufacturing these paragliders.
At its best (brands like Opale-paramodels, Hacker and a few smaller manufacturers like Speed-paramodels) offer an overall quality, that can be compared directly with what is in use for fullscale paragliding. With that in mind, the current prices are more than acceptable and not that high at all...
By analogy, these aeronefs would be more likely to be in the same league as some high end, high performance composite sailplanes, far ahead of any good foamie.
"You get what you pay for" and a paraglider requires a lot of work to make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy landings :-)
Last edited by Chrizz; Jan 27, 2016 at 09:24 AM.
Jan 27, 2016, 09:26 AM
EDF all the way!
Love mine! I have a Hacker version. Great for relaxing. They are worth the cost.
Bob
Last edited by bruff; Jan 27, 2016 at 01:51 PM.
Jan 27, 2016, 10:00 AM
Here is my video of the smallest model that was demonstrated at the AMA Expo this year. Mike Heer
Oxy 0.5
Jan 27, 2016, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrizz
Yes, me. Why, because I also like the capabilities and challenges of a paraglider.
And some days I'd pick up a glider instead of a paraglider... The two hardly compares...

About the initial cost of any good rc-paraglider, though it might seem frighteningly high, it is not.
One has to realize the complexity, the build-quality and the numerous man-hours that goes into manufacturing these paragliders.
At its best (brands like Opale-paramodels, Hacker and a few smaller manufacturers like Speed-paramodels) offer an overall quality, that can be compared directly with what is in use for fullscale paragliding. With that in mind, the current prices are more than acceptable and not that high at all...
By analogy, these aeronefs would be more likely to be in the same league as some high end, high performance composite sailplanes, far ahead of any good foamie.
"You get what you pay for" and a paraglider requires a lot of work to make.

What do they do that a regular glider is not much better at? Complexity isn't a selling point, nor a good thing. These aren't even gliders, as any glider pilot would laugh at a 15 minute run time.
Jan 27, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe50
What do they do that a regular glider is not much better at? Complexity isn't a selling point, nor a good thing. These aren't even gliders, as any glider pilot would laugh at a 15 minute run time.
IMO its not worth directly comparing the two.
Though both do glide, soar etc, the flying experience is quite different between the two, but one has to recognize that PG's are gliders and that their performance is appreciable.
It might be a question of personal taste whether one sees an interest.
But one thing PG's beat gliders at, would be how little space they require for transport and storage. None of my gliders will ever get into a small backpack (which also has to contain the Tx and some extra gear)... and be ready to fly immediately once pulled out of the backpack, no assembly. Try to do the same with a 3m wingspan glider...

Quick Reply