Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Amimon Connex Mini HD Transmission System

Amimon is arguably the best of the best when it comes to HD video transmission. Their Connex system changed the game for professionals flying drones by offering lag free wireless HD video out to 1000M...

Splash

Tiny HD Transmission System

Amimon is arguably the best of the best when it comes to HD video transmission. Their Connex system changed the game for professionals flying drones by offering lag free wireless HD video out to 1000M. You can read the RCGroups review of the Connex right here.

The Connex was a huge success, but its size meant it could only be used on medium to large drones. That all changes with the new Connex Mini. It's about half the size of the original and lightweight to boot. The range listed is half the original at 500M, but that's still quite a ways out and likely getting to edge of line of sight flight for most small drones. The Connex Mini lists for $1299 and is available for pre-order at most dealers right now. Check out the Connex Mini at Amimon's webpage.

Specs

  • Transmission distance (Outdoor): Up to 1,600 ft/500m (LoS)
  • Transmission delay: Zero (Less than 1 msec.)
  • Radio frequency: 5.1-5.8 GHz
  • Channel: 40 MHz
  • Channel selection: Automatic frequency selection (AFS)
  • Video formats: 1080p/60, 1080p/50, 1080i/60, 1080i/50, 1080p/30, 1080p/24, 720p/60, 720p/50, 525i/60, 625i/50
  • Multicast mode: Up to 4 receivers with no delay or quality degradation.
  • OSD support: CANBUS & MAVLink Telemetry based
  • Gimbal control: SBUS & PPM
  • Encryption: AES-128 & RSA 1024 for key exchange
  • Operating temperature: 0-45° Celsius
  • Regulation: CE, FCC, MIC
  • Mobile App: Windows, Android

Thread Tools
Jan 25, 2016, 04:59 PM
Registered User
the only issue is $1299
Jan 27, 2016, 03:38 AM
Registered User
Yeah, none of my platforms worth the price of transmitter alone...
Jan 28, 2016, 09:15 PM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
What camera would you guys use to take advantage of the increased VTx resolution?
Jan 28, 2016, 09:37 PM
RCG Staff
Jason Cole's Avatar
GoPro for small stuff and DSLR's for larger platforms. I've flown FPV with the full connex and the Foxtech HoryzonHD V4 cam as well.
Jan 29, 2016, 10:13 AM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
Thanks. I guess I never payed much attention to the "live feed" specs on the HD cams. I just assumed they were not capable of HD output.
I'll have to take another look at the Mobius and GoPro.
Last edited by CN I Dawg; Jan 30, 2016 at 01:17 PM.
Feb 07, 2016, 01:42 PM
Registered User
Interesting
Double less range, double less weight, but why not double less price?)))

And 6-28V is great, but why not make it 5-28V and let it work from USB too? It can be handy, especially on ground end. Power consumption according to specs around 1A (5W).
Feb 07, 2016, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eienn
Interesting
Double less range, double less weight, but why not double less price?)))

And 6-28V is great, but why not make it 5-28V and let it work from USB too? It can be handy, especially on ground end. Power consumption according to specs around 1A (5W).
this, it's only a matter of time then pricing like this is over. No reason to milk customers 1-2k for 150€ hardware.
Mar 16, 2016, 06:11 AM
the best laid plans.......
thequieteuropean's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommal
this, it's only a matter of time then pricing like this is over. No reason to milk customers 1-2k for 150€ hardware.
your comment reflects your lack of knowledge and quite a bit of arrogance .
stating raw parts prices as opposed to ready to ship product prices is a moot point that has been made by thousands of t***ls here.
actually animon is undercutting quite a few competitors.
google paralinx for some insight
price is always a direct result of production numbers .
what you are really expressing is your hope hd rf video links are becoming so widespread they become a consumer product at comsumer prices .
although this forum started with hobby people in mind the world has evolved and you will find products aimed at the professional market here.
just because you can buy hd links at 99$
you canīt compare them to this product.
yes hd rf video, hoverboards, solar cars and quantum computers maybe household items next year - but some people just need to use whatīs available now, they make their living using stuff like that and at less than the asking price the product simply wouldnt exist.
thats why fluke multimeters for 500$ dollars still sell.
please spare us the apples with oranges stuff........
Mar 16, 2016, 06:17 AM
Registered User
That's why pro stuff manufacturers and sellers should stop spam us here in a hobby forum with their creations.
Go pro forums and glossy magazines, that's why they cost so much, because they are born and grow in a system where marketing eat 1/3 of price.
Mar 16, 2016, 06:36 AM
the best laid plans.......
thequieteuropean's Avatar
well they try to convince as many enthusiasts as possible to buy themselves into the uav market, just as they try to convince smartphone owners they are the next movie director once they buy a dslr.
most companies are led by controllers and marketing not by engineers these days ,
wonder what would happen if these departments swich functions for a year; )

your point is of course correct but the rabbit hole you are opening is quite deep.
the game is called capitalism and the consumer prices on phantoms smartphones and choccolate of course not only reflect product numbers and marketing cost , but slavery , war, global injustice and consumption of valuable finite resources for useless pasttimes.

in a broader view the only way out of this would be to not buy anything not essential to your life at all, but who is ready to live a life of austerity while the rest of the world has fun succumbing to the marketing and buying tons of stuff they never actually need.
where is the line , is a xiaomi yi more ethic than a gopro ?

anyways, your comments are always very welcome to me because they reflect a wealth of insight and knowledge while i get quite bored by the "cool but too expensive" mantra of some teens.....
Last edited by thequieteuropean; Mar 16, 2016 at 06:55 AM. Reason: typo
Mar 16, 2016, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequieteuropean
your comment reflects your lack of knowledge and quite a bit of arrogance .
stating raw parts prices as opposed to ready to ship product prices is a moot point that has been made by thousands of t***ls here.
actually animon is undercutting quite a few competitors.
google paralinx for some insight
price is always a direct result of production numbers .
what you are really expressing is your hope hd rf video links are becoming so widespread they become a consumer product at comsumer prices .
although this forum started with hobby people in mind the world has evolved and you will find products aimed at the professional market here.
just because you can buy hd links at 99$
you canīt compare them to this product.
yes hd rf video, hoverboards, solar cars and quantum computers maybe household items next year - but some people just need to use whatīs available now, they make their living using stuff like that and at less than the asking price the product simply wouldnt exist.
thats why fluke multimeters for 500$ dollars still sell.
please spare us the apples with oranges stuff........
i was pondering whether to reply or not, your words are quiet salty compared to your username.

do not forget this forum and it's users are what you are leveraging on. yes there is so much wealth of knowledge here which is needed and used by so many pros who are the userbase for such a product i doubt there would be as many uav users around without it.

again it is not applicable to charge this much for a hd link. market will adjust thats basic economics once there are more solutions linke benfinitiv or ozonedrones you can disagree as much as you like i dont see any reason to choose this product over the others as a hobbyist.
Mar 16, 2016, 07:53 AM
the best laid plans.......
thequieteuropean's Avatar
honestly i was thinking about wether or not to reply too, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommal
this, it's only a matter of time then pricing like this is over.
would this have been your comment i would have said nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommal
No reason to milk customers 1-2k for 150€ hardware.
but this this part i felt like reacting to, i think the wording was quite salty as well and i tried to reflect your tone in my answer .
i am by no means trying to insult you or anybody else here ,
but a bold statement should expect a straight answer.

i donīt even disagree with your opinion about such a system not beeing a hobbyits 1st choice but you just made something look bad in my opinion that does not deserve it using misleading arguments.

i completely agree with the forum providing an exchange of information to and from the hobby to the professional world and back.
and i am a hobby flier for the most part as well not looking down on anyone.

but you are again comparing build your own solutions with commercially available turnkey systems .

i do not want to fight about your opinions or mine.

i just didnīt want to leave the point u made standing as last words on this thread unwithspoken because comparing the present with the future is just not fair.
in my opinion there are no cheaper sollutions on the market today providing the same features or i have not found them yet

so please dont take it personal ,not worth fighting about something we both seem to enjoy doing .
Apr 28, 2016, 05:47 AM
Registered User
I would rather buy a dji phantom 3 pro around 800 or phantom 4 @1400 usd full quad with 720p lightbridge rather than paying this mini 1200 usd with only 500m distance. If this was like ariund 500usd than may be.. Till that time better to stick with analog video with nice goggles and proven analog camera. I hope someone else comes up to market with 720p but 60fps (1080 is not a urgency as most vr or hmd glasses like vuzix, sony, or headplays already 720p) and around 299~499 usd max. Than this would be the best seller.. Waiting for this!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Apr 29, 2016, 07:14 AM
Crash=start of next project
CN I Dawg's Avatar
Agreed.


Thread Tools