Sep 15, 2018, 02:17 AM
+1 for the Lemon LM0052
The only thing you don’t get is the RF signal information that can generate suitable warnings or data regarding frame losses and holds. I do have this missing telemetry warning on so you get some notice of weak RF signal
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2018, 05:29 AM
LM0052 is great. Combined with the Turnigy D56MG HV servo's even greater. Working great on 2S and very light (and cheap ass :-) ). Because of these small servo's I choose to use all the travel of the servo for the working range of the ailerons, I did not waste a mm on the LongShot in this regard.

The subtrim don't go higher than 225 increments? One of the ailerons needs a smidgeon more than that..... So the offset is going to be put back in the Camber presets....

Do you have suggestions for the telemetry recording start Sherman? At my TX it is only starting on the flick of a switch, Tried the I momentary (launch) button but this doesn't start recording also .

Timer start (and reset) on the push of the I-button is only working when on the main screen. I am mostly on my telemetry screens, but then the timer start does not work.

And the call out of launch altitude is not that important, would be nice if it reported the correct altitude but to me it is only interesting when I am trying to improve my launch technique (which I need to do dearly.... ).
Apr 30, 2019, 05:12 AM
Learning to fly
One thing to watch out for with the LM0052 is that the minimum voltage is 4.5 V. 1S is not enough. It does work with 2s.
Apr 30, 2019, 06:05 AM
Yes, you have to be on the main screens for the timers to work.
This is a big oversight by Spektrum.

Another reason why a just switched to FrSky / Taranis...
Apr 30, 2019, 07:49 PM
Thread OP
I used to use 1S liPo's. I prefer the 2S liPo now. Faster, and more torque on a HV servo. All receivers I use like 2S liPo's and I like the size and weight for the nose. My 2 cents.
Last edited by Airbud; Apr 30, 2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: grammer
May 13, 2019, 11:44 AM
Hi.

I am very happy with the purchase of "The guide for the DX9-DX18" and I would really appreciate to get some advice from you.
I am a complete amateur in the science of programming this transmitters (I have not flown gliders since the 80s),so please be patient with me.
I have updated to the latest software on my DX6 and installed the template according to the instructions. First, all the movements of the control surfaces were reversed. I managed to fix that by reversing the servo movement of the rudder and elevator, but I can’t find the way to apply that to the flaperons. The roll movement is correct but the flap is inverted.
I apologise for my bad English.

Best Regards

Juan
Last edited by Juan Gonzalez; May 13, 2019 at 11:54 AM.
May 13, 2019, 12:03 PM
Swapping the two aileron receiver ports may solve this problem.
May 13, 2019, 12:08 PM
Left aileron into throttle on rx and right aileron into aileron. Shows you your assignment in the channel assign and rx port assignment menu. Also in camber system menu for brakes, move throttle stick down into landing mode and then dial in a value into either box, + or - value until your ailerons both move down to what you want, 30-40mm is usually more than enough.
May 13, 2019, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwait
Swapping the two aileron receiver ports may solve this problem.
Agreed
ive done this accidentally multiple times on a few aircraft and swiching port solved it all but once, when i just started over from scratch on my full house 2m...
Aug 24, 2019, 12:18 PM
Learning to fly
Hello,

I am having issues getting a reliable radio link between my DX9 and my Snipe, to the point where the Snipe recently fell into my neighbor's yard... Have any of you achieved a reliable radio link with >500m range in a Snipe with aluminum servos, while keeping the antennas inside the Kevlar nosecone? How?

Sorry for posting this slightly off-topic question here, but I feel that this thread has the highest likelihood of finding fellow Spektrum pilots committed to making DSMX work in the challenging environment of a DLG. If I ask my buddies, they tell me to switch to another brand...
Last edited by Wapa; Aug 26, 2019 at 04:39 AM.
Aug 24, 2019, 03:49 PM
Flown Snipes on Spektrum, never had a issue, antenna were inside, just running forward, one either side of the servos.

Saying that, now that I have switched to the ar410 (different plane now) I see how much better and more sentive the ar410 is on the new chips than the 6270T on the Cypress chip I was using in the Snipes.

If I were to ever go back to Snipes, on the original/SN version I think I would whisker my antennas out of the fairing, one below and one above like Paul Naton did on his. the ar410 I don't think would work well due to no antennas and all the carbon in the pod of the Snipes.

I've tried other brands of radio, always came back to Spektrum. Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I just saw your previous posts, you're using those fruity rx brands, right? If so I'm afraid you're on your own, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. You're asking for trouble using them imho.
Aug 24, 2019, 04:26 PM
FF lift master...sometimes
I don't know if this will help, since I am not flying a Snipe, but FWIW:

I am using an old Spektrum AR6255 in a BAMF with no issues. I tried a Lemon diversity receiver because it was slightly smaller, but even with its twin 10 cm antennas I couldn't pass a range test. The Lemons were fine in non-carbon applications, but didn't work here.

The BAMF fuselage is carbon except for the nose, which is Kevlar, and I believe the nosecone is fiberglass. My antennas form close to an "X" from the side: One comes out of the opening, goes down, and then the active part angles up and forward. The other antenna goes up out of the opening, and then the active part angles down and forward.

The antennas are taped to the outside of the fuselage, and the nosecone fits over them. I think this is a typical approach for the BAMF.

My Tx is a DX7 G2.
Aug 26, 2019, 04:39 AM
Learning to fly
Thank you very much for your helpful remarks.

I also have the impression that the Lemons are more sensitive to what is near the antenna (and apparently not only the hot end but the whole length of it, although I could not confirm that in my own experiments).

In my Prodij HM I have made a direct comparison between a LM0052 and a 6270T and both had holds at distances below 500m. I trust the 6270T more because the Flight Log is more transparent than the RSSI information the LM0052 gives in the place where receiver A fades are displayed. I had a 45° angle between the two antenna ends, which were approx. 25 cm apart, one behind the carbon wing in the glass fuselage, parallel to the fuselage, and the other in the nose
Getting closer to a 90° angle by bending the plastic tube that holds the antenna behind the wing improved the reception dramatically, for both the LM0052 and the 6270T.

The experience with the AR6255, while not perfect has been better, but it is no longer available.

Mark, you say that you never had an issue flying Snipes on Spektrum. Was this on the 6270T? Is it in the range test that you see that the AR410 is much better?
Aug 26, 2019, 06:03 AM
Range test at 40m were the same.

Even though the ar410 is flyby telemetry range only, I get a lot less fades/losses with it than my 6270T

And tests at home where I really make it difficult like locking my tx in the metal case and taking my rx off out downstairs and out the house, I found the ar410 stayed connected far better than the 6270T, in fact the ar410 matched my Frsky gear I had at the time. I think overall it's proven that the new chips are far better than the older Cypress ones.

While some have good success with the aftermarket brands, the issue is that they don't quite have the DSMX protocol bang on correct, so I'd look at them as almost compatible rather than 100% compatible. I'd rather not risk using one in a expensive airframe just to save a little ££, it doesn't make sense.

When I fly I also hold my tx really vertical and even tilt it back towards myself a little so my vertical antenna is square on to the plane in the air for the strongest link.
Aug 26, 2019, 08:18 AM
Learning to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
If I were to ever go back to Snipes, on the original/SN version I think I would whisker my antennas out of the fairing, one below and one above like Paul Naton did on his. the ar410 I don't think would work well due to no antennas and all the carbon in the pod of the Snipes.
I am confused. Here you say that you are using the AR410 in the Snipe.

Quick Reply