This thread is privately moderated by JohnCC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 23, 2016, 09:06 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Discussion

Winter Storm Jonas / Flying the Chroma

I had a blast today flying in Winter Storm Jonas. Took my Blade Chroma out with a brand new GB203 gimbal. I'm impressed as hell with the stability and results from this gimbal and GoPro Hero 4k Black.

Before I took off, I used scotch tape and sealed up all of the vents AND the power switch on the Chroma. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I feel like covering those vents is a good idea as you can see some parts of the fc board are exposed in the front at the very least.

Other than that, the Chroma is a trooper in Stability Mode in this type of weather. I was running the CamCarbon props by Carolina Dronz which most definitely helped out.

You can see the wind pushing against me, but this video is amazingly stable for the conditions... I hope to do a lot more videos in the future.

Blizzard Jonas 2016 / Chroma Drone / GoPro 4K & GB203 (2 min 36 sec)

You get bonus points if you are able to name the music track used.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2016, 12:09 AM
wow ! the wind was pretty bad and your video was super stable , pretty cool ,
Jan 24, 2016, 04:37 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy2
wow ! the wind was pretty bad and your video was super stable , pretty cool ,
I know! You can see the snow literally coming at me, and the skid vibrating, but the video stayed VERY smooth. This gimbal is a real winner.
Jan 25, 2016, 10:39 AM
yea , your video has me looking into the GB203 , it will make me look like i know what i am doing . thanks for sharing !

Quick Reply