Jan 23, 2016, 05:10 PM
Question

FS-i6, iBus and Betaflight setup help please.

Since the release of Betaflight 2.3 IBUS support has been added. Per the Github notes it should only be configured and enable through the CLI. Can anyone help me set my quad up for IBUS? I am flying the ER250.
I am using the iA6B RX.
I would like to use IBUS to be able to take advantages of the additional channels that are available through firmware modification of the FS-i6 TX.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by timmyjane; Jan 23, 2016 at 06:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2016, 06:18 PM
I found this in an unapproved submission to the CleanFlight wiki.

set serialrx_provider = 7
that did not work so it tired
set serialrx_provider = IBUS
which seems to have worked.

Now I am trying to set the TX up. I went into iBus -Set up and chose channel 6 and it ask me to press the corresponding servo button. What does this mean?
Jan 23, 2016, 07:50 PM
I might try this tonight or this week, I will let you know.
Jan 25, 2016, 06:01 PM
Is iBus only for Fkysky ? I've only seen Sbus mentioned everywhere else.
And what does iBus do ?
Jan 25, 2016, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photolad61
Is iBus only for Fkysky ? I've only seen Sbus mentioned everywhere else.
And what does iBus do ?
IBus is FlySky's version of SBUS
Jan 26, 2016, 09:15 AM
The press button thing is if you are using an iBus expander, to get the higher channels as PWM. Just ignore it. I have full iBus out without pressing anything but short cancel. Goes to my iBus2PPM converter.
I did test iBus with baseflight, and cleanflight + patch (now part of main tree).
Are you sure you are on latest betaflight ?

From the source, I can see that 7 is the provider for iBus
SERIALRX_IBUS = 7,

Support for iBus was added to betaflight 13 days ago. Make sure you have a recent version, like from here:
https://github.com/borisbstyle/betaflight/releases

Just confirmed, cleanflight also uses RX type 7 for iBus.

You must connect it to an UART. When I tested, I connected to PWM input 4 (UART1). You would use UART0, but then you would lose access to communicating with the board, as the serial + iBus would share the same pins. Then use cleanflight config to set uart 1 to Serial RX.

My board is like this: (flip32+): http://www.readytoflyquads.com/media...ip32layout.jpg
I use the GPS Rx pin. Just use a 3 wire cable to get gnd and 5V to the Rx. Looking at ia6B pins pointing at you, iBus is on top. Data is the pin to the right (near the edge). Must be connected to the innermost pin (the one labelled GPS rx).

So you are sacrificing the GPS option using iBus.
Last edited by povlhp; Jan 26, 2016 at 09:24 AM.
Feb 08, 2016, 09:13 PM
I am sorry but I still dont understand. I have enabled IBUS in BF and connected my cable to the top pins. I believe that I must reorder the connection to the FC but dont understand what I need to do. This is the CC3D board on the ER250. The layout is found HERE.
Feb 10, 2016, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I have no idea about iBus, but you could try the steps for SBUS.

On CleanFlight Configurator, go to Ports, UART1, enable Serial RX. Save and reboot.

Then go to Configuration, set receiver mode to RX_SERIAL, and serial receiver provider to SBUS. Save and reboot.

Good luck!
No luck for me. If I click Serial RX on UART1 it does not stay selected the next time I go back into CF it is no longer selected.
I have also tried to enable UART3 and Serial RX with the same outcome.

When I select RX Serial under configuration an come back in sometimes the radio button is no longer selected and sometimes it has change to PWM.

Yes I am clicking Save and Reboot before leaving each page. Also I have enable IBUS in the CLI by entering the command line.

Another oddity is that when the IBUS cable is connected to the Main port (PWR, GND and RXD) and I move the throttle the board resets and I loose connection from CF.

This is crazy. I am trying to get IBUS connected to this board to take advantage of additional channels.
Feb 11, 2016, 08:37 AM
I got mine working by setting Serial RX on UART3, receiver mode to RX_SERIAL, and serial Receiver Provider to IBUS. Then make sure you have GND, 5V, and RXD out of the Flexi port to the i-bus port on the iA6B labeled SERVO with GND to CH5, 5V to CH6, and RXD to B/VCC.

For reference, this was using the latest FlySky-i6 hacked firmware and BF 2.4.0. I haven't flown this yet but was able to bench test it. You can also see in the photo that I took off the case from the RX and stuck the sleeve from the Eachine's included iA6 on it to reduce the size of it.
Feb 11, 2016, 08:40 PM
Flexi....??....I was trying in the Main port. Thanks a lot. Ill give it a try. Whats the difference in Flexi and Main?
Feb 17, 2016, 08:33 AM
Not really sure; it was just the closest port after I rotated the flight controller. Did you get it to work?
Feb 17, 2016, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerum
Not really sure; it was just the closest port after I rotated the flight controller. Did you get it to work?
I fried my RX. Got a new one in today. Just finished the voltage telemetry mod so Ill give iBus a shot and see.

Yep. It works. Thanks a lot for the help.
Last edited by timmyjane; Feb 17, 2016 at 10:37 PM.
Feb 17, 2016, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjane
I fried my RX. Got a new one in today. Just finished the voltage telemetry mod so Ill give iBus a shot and see.
Atleast they are cheap!
Feb 17, 2016, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug
Atleast they are cheap!
Haha Yep $13 shipped from the US. Cant beat that for a 10ch receiver!
Feb 21, 2016, 12:58 AM
youtube.com searchfor danqfpv
how did you guys get ibus working with betaflight/cleanflight?

ive done this so far:

-flashed fs-i6 to 10 ibus channels
-flashed cc3d to betaflight 2.3.5
-PORTS: changed to serial rx on uart 3
-Receiver Mode to RX-SERIAL
-In CLI: set serialrx_provider = IBUS

im still not getting any IBUS options in the configurations tab under serial Receiver Provider, all that shows are:
  • SPEKTRUM1024
  • SPEKTRUM2048
  • SBUS
  • SUMD
  • SUMH
  • XBUS_MODE_B
  • XBUS_MODE_B_RJ01

and in the receiver tab, nothing is moving when i move the sticks on my transmitter

on 2.3.0 release of betaflight, it says this:
  • Added IBUS support. Only available through CLI. Don't configure in configurator!
Last edited by Danq0; Feb 21, 2016 at 01:53 AM.

Quick Reply