Feb 06, 2016, 05:26 PM
Really impressive work. She's a real beauty.

Den
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2016, 12:49 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Thread OP
Thank you Den, I tried hard to capture the scale lines of the original plane, yet make it easy to build.
Feb 07, 2016, 03:58 AM
sjd
sjd
Great work on this clickety. Built the Rsteel euro before but yours takes it to a new level with its scale lines.
Feb 07, 2016, 05:44 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Sjd,

I notice your thumbnail is of a Harrier - I'm currently building a new design of a Harrier II at the moment, (see my blog for build photos) I'm very nervous about the small wings and anhedral. I need to know how much 'keel weight' I need to bring the vertical CofG down enough to make it fly stable. I hope the battery weight is enough, but I don't know..... could be a quick maiden
Feb 07, 2016, 06:22 AM
sjd
sjd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickety
Thanks Sjd,

I notice your thumbnail is of a Harrier - I'm currently building a new design of a Harrier II at the moment, (see my blog for build photos) I'm very nervous about the small wings and anhedral. I need to know how much 'keel weight' I need to bring the vertical CofG down enough to make it fly stable. I hope the battery weight is enough, but I don't know..... could be a quick maiden
I hear ya, thought of trying the harrier a while back but was put off by the high wing loading. Same for the Jaguar, although would love to try it one day, perhaps scale up the wings. Anyway good luck, you got the F23 flying so pretty sure you can tackle the harrier.
Feb 07, 2016, 10:24 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the vote of confidence - will post results! Its built very lightly, so with a bit of a launch, I'm hoping she'll fly.
Feb 10, 2016, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickety
Hi Glyn it's on my blog!

:- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=435614

Scroll down until you see it.

Happy building! Out of interest, where about in the world are you?
Hi Craig, I live up in lincoln but am constantly travelling in the UK with the job, don't get to see home for any long periods...g
Feb 11, 2016, 03:24 AM
Thread OP
Oh! not far away at all!, I thought you might be on another continent!

My Mother lives near Gainsborough! 40mins from Lincoln, in fact I was in Lincoln a fortnight ago.
Feb 11, 2016, 11:15 PM
Small world Craig, I'm 10 minutes from Gainsborough
Feb 11, 2016, 11:30 PM
But you're gonna have to be more specific with your link to the plan, looked for it 3 times and still can't find it,you sure you posted it there.......glyn
Feb 11, 2016, 11:35 PM
Hark at me looking for plans at 04:15 I need to get a life ha ha, I am in London for a while and was in bed for 22:00 wide awake now....
Feb 12, 2016, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
Hi Glyn,

Wow small world indeed! My mum lives in North Wheatley! I guess you are torksey way or somewhere like that? I sometimes fly at the playing field there - although its not a great place due to obstacles and weird wind patterns

Anyway, sorry you were having difficulty finding the plans, Here is a link :-

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2527281

Hey sometimes I wake middle of the night, then my mind starts thinking about solving design problems with my planes....... I can never get back to sleep then!

Mar 02, 2016, 04:37 AM
Nice bird!!! Maybe you known the video?

Causemann Eurofighter Depron-Parkjet mit 50mm Impeller (1 min 44 sec)

Kai
Mar 02, 2016, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
Hi Kai,

I hadn't seen this bird, looks and flies great! I will be starting to build my 70mm edf version in the coming weeks, and I hope she flies as well as this!

Thanks for sharing
Mar 04, 2016, 03:47 PM
Great work! I'm building a typhoon! nice!

Quick Reply