Eurofighter Typhoon Full fuse, depron Parkjet - RC Groups
Jan 23, 2016, 09:39 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Build Log

Eurofighter Typhoon Full fuse, depron Parkjet

Hi Guys,

Been busy designing and building a Eurofighter. This is my second eurofighter. The first was following Bigglesjets excellent plans - and it was one of my favourites, until I took it to France and I had an harder than desired landing (much harder!!)

So I took the electronics out of the wreckage and transplanted them into my own design.

I chose to do my own version of this awesome plane from scratch as I wanted to make it a little larger, draw it in CAD so I can CNC cut the parts, and also I am a sucker for scale, so I made my design much closer the the original plane. I chose a different build philosophy and made the plans adaptable to make either a Pusher or 70mm EDF version.

My plan is to test and setup the pusher version before building a 70mm Changesun EDF version on 4S.

Plans are on my blog if anyone fancies a go.

I maidened it for the first time this morning - and it is lots of fun.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=435614

its 700mm wingspan, and I've designed some files for 3dprinting (not essential to make the design) - please PM me if you want the CAD data.
Last edited by Clickety; Jan 24, 2016 at 07:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2016, 01:04 PM
Eurofighter Typhoon Depron pusher Parkjet (2 min 34 sec)

Video from this morning.
Jan 23, 2016, 05:54 PM
Photos from the maiden
Jan 23, 2016, 07:33 PM
Subscribed!!!
Jan 23, 2016, 09:54 PM
Jer. 29:11
Another very nice model!
Jan 24, 2016, 06:43 AM
Thanks Jeffsch,

My apologies - I never sent you the eurofighter canopies!

I basically moved house, where the new oven was a gas oven (not electric fan) - which I used to heat my plastic for vac forming.

I've stop vac forming as a result.

However it is on my wish list to make my own vac forming machine - but that would be a way off!

Hope you are not too disappointed.
Jan 25, 2016, 09:28 PM
Jer. 29:11
No problem. And congratulations on the new house.
Feb 01, 2016, 11:43 PM
Hi fella. Have decided that this will be my next project, you have made a good looking fighter there. GLYN
Feb 02, 2016, 12:54 AM
Hi Glyn,

Thanks buddy. Please post your build pictures etc.

From the plans it is pretty straightforward, but if you have any queries, I'm happy to help.

I'm looking forward to flying her again soon! I'll post the throws etc when I have her more dialled in.

Feb 02, 2016, 02:37 PM
Hi Craig, have a lot on at the minute, lots to do etc, but when I do start, this is what I want to build .there's a few questions that I need help with ie have you mixed the canards to ailerons, by what amount. I also plan to have inboard servos and use torque rods. Will be picking your brains within a couple of months hopefully....g
Feb 03, 2016, 12:41 AM
Hi Glyn,

Happy to help!. Yeah I mixed the canards in, by how much? I'll let you know when I've finished setting her up!

Inboard servos sounds very neat!
Feb 03, 2016, 01:16 PM
Hi Craig, also wonder if you could possibly post me a link to a decent motor, have been looking at a 2212. 2200kv but I don't know if this is adequate. Also suitable prop....g
Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
Hi Glyn,

I tend to use either :-
http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/catalog/...roducts_id=811

Or a hobbyking equivalent :-
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...ner_Motor.html

I use a 30a speed controller and a 6x4" sports prop.
Feb 05, 2016, 02:01 PM
Hi Craig, just had a quick look and there isn't a plan file for the eurofighter, was hoping to make a start tonight (unless of course it's me!!! it has been known).....G
Feb 05, 2016, 04:27 PM
Hi Glyn it's on my blog!

:- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=435614

Scroll down until you see it.

Happy building! Out of interest, where about in the world are you?