May 30, 2018, 01:43 PM
last year I could log all I wanted on the sd card but today although the sensors I want to log were ticked, nothing would anyone know what I'm doing wrong
Thanks for any help
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2018, 03:55 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
black heat shrink...im telling you.
May 30, 2018, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution
black heat shrink...im telling you.
hahahaha good one
May 31, 2018, 04:01 AM
Twinstar
Great thanks raleighcopter I'll try that.
Nov 13, 2018, 11:27 PM
ok the best setup is x12 +rb+rx8r+m9+rm9= best frsky set up new to frsky trying to set up falcon 120 ram 750r thanks long thread. Thanks I have learned a butch ….I know it will be good.with all the help available ..witch I will need with open tx......steve linden ca
Dec 04, 2018, 10:15 AM
Twinstar
Hi Guys
I am having a problem with my FrSky RB20 and its telemetry.
My set up is an RX8R Pro as RX1 with an R9 as RX2. They are connected via Sbus as per the instructions. I have 3 FLVSS voltage sensors and a GPS sensor all daisy chained with different ID numbers and connected into the RB20 RXSP input. The RX8R pro is also connected to the RB20 Sport. The R9 is not connected to any SPort on the RB20. The power to the RB20 is being supplied from 2 x 2200 2S LiPo packs via a Powerbox Sensor switch. I am running OpenTx 2.2.2 on my X10S and all FrSky sensors and RB20 have the latest firmware. All appears to be working properly, but every now and then I get a warning which says “Servo Overload Power Overload” just the once and only on start up. The other anomaly is the sensor readout on my X10S, a photo of which I have attached. It shows RBCS sensor showing CH01 and the RBS sensor showing Rx1 OVL. I have no idea what these readings mean. Does it mean that Rx1 is over voltage if so you can see from the bottom sensor readout that Rx1 is at 5.8V which is definitely not over voltage. I have an RB10 with a similar set up and it is working perfectly. Am I just being dumb or have I done something wrong. Is there anyone who can help, can you even tell me what the sensor readings mean. Thanks Guys
Dec 04, 2018, 11:06 AM
ok the servo overload on startup can be safely ignored - I have experienced this on the RB16 and the RB10 - I think initial powerup anomalies causes this. ITs random and never appears in flight UNLESS my main power drops below 5 V ( I fly gliders so this is technically possible) So you can trigger this by using sub 5v as a power source ( if you are interested in nailing down a root cause) I just ignore that.

RBCS is Redundancy Bus Current Sensor - and OVL = over voltage - check the voltage of the 2 Sbus in lines to the RB20 and tell us what is on CH1 - do you have a bunch of things connected to RX #1 as well ? The Sbus line in is really only designed for a single RX on each port (so dont hang more servos off the RX's or sensors etc -

I would also monitor that powerpox - if it drops voltage for some reason - all of this could be caused by that ---

Have you by passed the powerbox and just plugged the batteries right into the RB20 battery leads for testing purposes?
Dec 05, 2018, 12:33 PM
Twinstar
Hi Webbsolution, thank you for your reply.
I’ve been trying to sort this out for weeks and not got any responses on other forums, so thanks again for your help.

I will take your advice and ignore the startup warnings.

The voltages I have measured are as follows:-
SBus Rx1 in – between 5.79 and 5.80 volts
SBus Rx2 in – between 5.79 and 5.80 volts
Powerbox Supply line 1 – between 5.80 and 5.81 volts
Powerbox Supply line 2 – between 5.80 and 5.81 volts

CH1 is my throttle line on the turbine ECU, it is connected but I have not power up the ECU as yet due to these errors I’ve been getting.
Rx1 (RX8R Pro) only has the SBus and SPort connected to the RB20.
Rx2 (R9) only has the SBus connected to the RB20

All the sensors (FLVSS x 3 and GPS x 1) are daisy chained to the RB20 with the RB20 as last in the chain.
All the servos are attached to the RB20 as follows:-
CH1 – Throttle (ECU)
CH2 – Stbd Aileron
CH3 – Elevator
CH4 – Stbd Rudder
CH5 – Port Aileron
CH6 – Port Rudder
CH7 – Flaps
CH8 – Jetronics switch Retracts
CH9 – Jetronics switch Brakes
CH10 – Nosewheel Steering

I can’t plug directly into the RB20 as I am using normal digital servos and not HV’s, but I can monitor the voltages using y leads and my multimeter, as well as the data output from the RB20 itself, and all of these have been consistently 5.80 - 5.82 volts.
Thanks again Ian
Dec 05, 2018, 02:01 PM
OK so I think I can see some of your issues and some ways to reduce them -

Are you using 2x 2200 lipos for redundancy or some other power requirements like longer run time ??

"I can’t plug directly into the RB20 as I am using normal digital servos and not HV’s'"

I have this issue on an F5J glider -

From the ESC (12.xxv power supply on the ESC ) I power the Batt 1 inputv on the RB with 5.5 V (castle esc allows output voltage to be lowered) I do this with a Y cable - so +/-Power to the Batt 1 input and signal + ground (black) to the CH1 input on the RBS. This achieves two things - it allows safe voltage to my servos and avoids any potential high drain from the ESC if it failed since Channel 1 has only Signal and ground.

Batt 2 is powered up by a regulated 5 Volt power supply which is a 1000 mah pack and a booster to 5V - The RB will only use the higher voltage from Batt 1 as long as the voltage is .3 higher than Batt 2 input so this back up pack never gets used on my rig unless I blow the ESC or the battery fails completely.

On my next glider I am using only HV servos - so things will be simplified.

For your rig you could experiment with only a signal and ground to Chan 1 and see if it eliminates your servo overload error on Ch1 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naireltub
Hi Webbsolution, thank you for your reply.
I’ve been trying to sort this out for weeks and not got any responses on other forums, so thanks again for your help.

I will take your advice and ignore the startup warnings.

The voltages I have measured are as follows:-
SBus Rx1 in – between 5.79 and 5.80 volts
SBus Rx2 in – between 5.79 and 5.80 volts
Powerbox Supply line 1 – between 5.80 and 5.81 volts
Powerbox Supply line 2 – between 5.80 and 5.81 volts

CH1 is my throttle line on the turbine ECU, it is connected but I have not power up the ECU as yet due to these errors I’ve been getting.
Rx1 (RX8R Pro) only has the SBus and SPort connected to the RB20.
Rx2 (R9) only has the SBus connected to the RB20

All the sensors (FLVSS x 3 and GPS x 1) are daisy chained to the RB20 with the RB20 as last in the chain.
All the servos are attached to the RB20 as follows:-
CH1 – Throttle (ECU)
CH2 – Stbd Aileron
CH3 – Elevator
CH4 – Stbd Rudder
CH5 – Port Aileron
CH6 – Port Rudder
CH7 – Flaps
CH8 – Jetronics switch Retracts
CH9 – Jetronics switch Brakes
CH10 – Nosewheel Steering

I can’t plug directly into the RB20 as I am using normal digital servos and not HV’s, but I can monitor the voltages using y leads and my multimeter, as well as the data output from the RB20 itself, and all of these have been consistently 5.80 - 5.82 volts.
Thanks again Ian
Dec 15, 2018, 06:39 AM
FJH
FJH
Thread OP

Regulated power module and electronic switch

Please have a look here and leave your comment if any =>

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d-Power-Switch
Mar 20, 2019, 02:42 PM

frsky rb-20

Hi guys,l was interested to read the posts concerning the frsky rb-20....l have just had to send mine back to the dealer for replacement as l kept getting "power overload and servo overload"voice alerts....even when l had nothing plugged in to it except for BATT 1 power lead feeding 6 volts,the alerts would continue until l turned of the Rx.....this was a brand new unflown unit which l was installing into a new build scale saiplane,l am assuming that this is an isolated incident,or has anyone else come across it??,l really like frsky gear,and haven't had any problems before,hopefully the new unit will be ok!!!
Mar 20, 2019, 03:43 PM
Did you log your voltage levels on the telemetry side by chance ? Usually I experience servo overload warnings when the voltage drops below 4.11 Volts on the RB-16 and RB-10 I have to assume the firmware is probably regurgitated on the rb-20

so - under load are you 10000000000 % certain your system never once dropped below 4.11 volts ? I made video of this exact scenario -

Poweroverload rb10 (1 min 49 sec)
Mar 21, 2019, 02:30 PM

Rb-20

Hi,the battery packs lwas using were both 6 volt nimh packs,both freshly charged,but ,no,l didn't check the voltages,safe to say they were at 6volts+,the video you uploaded was exactly the warnings l was getting,all the best,jack.
Mar 21, 2019, 04:56 PM
Nothing in between the packs and the RB-10 ? Ie sensors etc ?

Should be easy to setup the logs and replicate this at 6 V then you ave a dignified error for Frsky to investigate ( I already opened a ticket for you and referenced my video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksidebotham
Hi,the battery packs lwas using were both 6 volt nimh packs,both freshly charged,but ,no,l didn't check the voltages,safe to say they were at 6volts+,the video you uploaded was exactly the warnings l was getting,all the best,jack.
Mar 21, 2019, 05:26 PM

rb-20

Hi,thanks for your reply,l am still very new to frsky,so l am not really sure what you mean about "set up logs",plus l am a bit lost with computer radios,but l am learning,my original unit has gone back to T9 HOBBYSPORT here in the uk as they are the main agents,and l am waiting for delivery of a replacement...you mention an RB-16,this is one l haven't heard of and T9,dont seem to list it,where can l find any info/purchase one of these please?,l mainly fly large scale vintage sailplanes,and usually need 11/12 channels,so an rb-10 isn't quite enough,and an rb-20 is over the top,all the best,jack.

Quick Reply