Thread Tools
Sep 20, 2019, 11:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_tcr
Just run till you burn the motors, they are dirt cheap to replace.

If you want to add a speed controller you need to have a proportional throttle TX, which most cases are 2.4g. And then you cannot control the stock steering with that, so you got to change that to a servo.
Here's something to add to this; if you upgrade to a steering servo, first remove the original car's steering motor assembly, it simply screws down onto the 4 plastic posts...but don't throw it out. I think it has the same motor inside that the front & rear gearboxes have, so you can keep the steering motor as a spare in case you burn out one of the drive motors.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 11:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikkak
i also found out that the car veers A LOT to the right side and i read the comments about stiffening the rear springs.

i took two small spacers, cut them from one place, twisted theme a bit apart and slid them on the spring axle and twisted them back together. The spacer is just big enough to make the springs go shorter for like 3-4 mm.

well that just worked miracles! the car goes DEAD STRAIGHT when the trim is right in the middle!

i recommend everyone to do that, or do something to make the springs a bit stiffer.
After re-reading through this upgrade thread and seeing many of you are having this steering problem, if you have upgraded to a 9G servo, did you just hot-glue the servo on top of the existing steering motor box? Since you don't need that box anymore, remove it. It's only held onto the top of the front gearbox with 4 screws. More importantly, did any of you open up your front gearboxes to remove the steering centering spring that adjusts the trim and centers your steering link between the wheels? If you leave that spring in, it will likely interfere with your new upgraded servo. Just remove one screw and throw out the steering centering spring, that and the steering trim will no longer be needed after doing the 9G servo upgrade, and could actually obstruct your steering. The new steering servo centers itself.
Sep 20, 2019, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Funny you'd post this, it seems like you've done a fair bit of turd-polishing yourself! Ironic too, because by post #3, you've done pretty much all the same upgrades that I've done for this crawler.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2-UPGRADE-post
Doesent make that thing any better does it??
Its a cool toy but thats about it.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain
Doesent make that thing any better does it??
Its a cool toy but thats about it.
What's your point in commenting on this topic? Isn't this whole site all about upgrading RC vehicles? I've had a look through your few topics and uploaded pics and I don't see much that impresses me. You certainly aren't coming across as someone who has a lot to offer in the way of advice or expertise. Go back to your RTRs and leave the modding to the hobbyists. You're more of a mole-hill than a mountain.
Sep 21, 2019, 05:01 AM
Joker, smoker, midnight talker
naDah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain
Doesent make that thing any better does it??
Its a cool toy but thats about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth
What's your point in commenting on this topic? Isn't this whole site all about upgrading RC vehicles? I've had a look through your few topics and uploaded pics and I don't see much that impresses me. You certainly aren't coming across as someone who has a lot to offer in the way of advice or expertise. Go back to your RTRs and leave the modding to the hobbyists. You're more of a mole-hill than a mountain.
Turd-polishing is definitely part of the hobby. This is a very emotional hobby because we see something we like, and we get it and start working on it. Because we liked it. Not because it was really good or had super potential but because we liked it.

I agree with themountain that for me, this car doesn't seem to be worth the time and effort but I also see where Coelacanth is coming from. Some are just more into the tinkering than others and they seems to be wanting to mod anything just because you can. My best mate is like that and I' more of a "see if someone made a commercial product I can buy".

Aren't we all here, not to argue about BS but because we love the hobby?
Sep 21, 2019, 09:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth
What's your point in commenting on this topic? Isn't this whole site all about upgrading RC vehicles? I've had a look through your few topics and uploaded pics and I don't see much that impresses me. You certainly aren't coming across as someone who has a lot to offer in the way of advice or expertise. Go back to your RTRs and leave the modding to the hobbyists. You're more of a mole-hill than a mountain.
Wow..take a chill pill ,brother.
Tons of folks here who put 200+$ in a WPL c 24....not arguing with that because at least that car is somehow beautiful in controversy of this ugly piece of plastic.
i have owned several Rc trucks in the past , from Vanquish to HPI to GPtoys and , of course, all of them have to be upgraded...thats the fun in it.
But to sell a car what it isnt ..." it can out-crawl and climb steeper slopes than crawlers worth more than triple the price..." was never on my mind or said by me.
Ever.
Iam out now here
Last edited by themountain; Sep 21, 2019 at 09:42 AM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools