Jan 19, 2016, 10:49 PM
TEST Squadron
Thread OP
Discussion

My first big boy quad. BlueSkyRC xRotor Spider Quad! WOW!

Been learning to fly around with my Ominus FPV and Sunday I bought a whole stash of stuff from the classifieds on here. Got everything in today and wow.

I'm use to the Ominus props at full throttle you can stop them with your finger and it not even hurt. I held my new quad I got in today down on the floor and armed it and put it to full throttle and WOW! that thing seems like it will cut thru your entire arm and not miss a beat.

It is a

BlueSkyRC xRotor Spider Quad frame with 12" front arms and 8" back arms.
FrSky D4Fr
MultiWii Pro 2.0 FC
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 2826 1130kv Brushless Outrunner Motors
Not sure on the ESCs as they are shrink wrapped.
Powered by a Turnigy 2.6 2650 mah 3 cell

Almost scared to take it out and attempt to hover it at the moment. Even at throttle all the way down the motors automatically spin when armed and it already wants to try and raise up.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2016, 11:15 PM
Sounds a real peach. Lets have a pic of the beast !
Jan 20, 2016, 05:22 PM
TEST Squadron
Thread OP
Here is a few pics.
Jan 20, 2016, 05:31 PM
I probably wouldn't be sticking my fingers into the spinning props to see if they will stop or not.
Jan 20, 2016, 06:07 PM
Connecticut, and too many rc's
Well funny you mention Whisky007, I have a little quad I built, 1300 3s lipo powered, 1510 motors, it sliced me up bad even with 5030 props, it was by accident, the quad is flying good now its pretty fast too
Jan 20, 2016, 06:13 PM
TEST Squadron
Thread OP
not really a fan of the paint scheme on it. Might take it all down and repair it soon.
Jan 20, 2016, 06:39 PM
Paramotor&racing MR enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer911
Well funny you mention Whisky007, I have a little quad I built, 1300 3s lipo powered, 1510 motors, it sliced me up bad even with 5030 props, it was by accident, the quad is flying good now its pretty fast too
Did you already make the new body, you should take some pics and weigh it with a digital food scale from Walmart.

Quick Reply