Sep 08, 2016, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
I don't use MP, I'm using Tower on my phone - and I don't usually use it while flying. I also can't say I get ALL the Vector telem on Tower, I don't think it's all implemented, but I do get GPS data. I get all the same telem on my Taranis so don't usually bother with Tower.
Same here, I don't get altitude or speed. For GPS data, I do get latitude and longitude, but no info on number of satellites. This is the same using droidplanner 2 and tower.

I have confirmed in the dragonlink tx GUI that it IS receiving all of said data from the vector.
Last edited by Yachtheli; Sep 08, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2016, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
sancho, GUI control of the setting is coming soon. We also have this available.

adamtoo, the Rx and 5V connections are not normally needed. first post is updated to reflect this.
Any updates for the UART "vector open telem" setting in the GUI control on PC?
Sep 09, 2016, 07:34 PM
SweetieInTulum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachtheli
Same here, I don't get altitude or speed. For GPS data, I do get latitude and longitude, but no info on number of satellites. This is the same using droidplanner 2 and tower.

I have confirmed in the dragonlink tx GUI that it IS receiving all of said data from the vector.
Like I said I don't use MP, rarely use Tower, and rarely use the Telem back to my Taranis - I set it up primarily as a tech exercise and to have the last GPS coords as a backup in the event of... well... you know... PILOT ERROR!

In the unlikely event of a video system failure the Vector RTH mode does what it's supposed to (assuming you've set it up correctly and TESTED it...) but the basics of GPS, heading, speed, and altitude are all one needs to get her home.

I'm flying tomorrow and I'll try to remember to confirm what telem I get on what device.
Sep 10, 2016, 11:50 AM
Hi I asked the question before but no answer. Is this protocol only supported by Dragon Link?
I'm trying to decide on a flight controller at the moment and having full telemetry on my Taranis may seal the deal.
The only problem is that I have invested in EZUHF and would rather not buy Dragon Link modules to be able to use it....
Sep 11, 2016, 12:03 PM
SweetieInTulum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holonomic
Hi I asked the question before but no answer. Is this protocol only supported by Dragon Link?
I'm trying to decide on a flight controller at the moment and having full telemetry on my Taranis may seal the deal.
The only problem is that I have invested in EZUHF and would rather not buy Dragon Link modules to be able to use it....
It is supported by the DLA and I believe the TBS Xfire and Frsky "X" receivers. ET has made the data available on the Vector via the UART port. Getting that data from the plane back to the ground is a function of the radio system you use so if your RX is NOT bidirectional it won't work.
Sep 18, 2016, 06:07 PM
Deleted
Last edited by BacklashRC; Sep 18, 2016 at 09:53 PM.
Oct 14, 2016, 07:11 AM
Does anyone have open telemetry working with the TBS crossfire yet.?
Nov 07, 2016, 12:44 PM
sub'd

KFM
Dec 11, 2016, 06:34 AM
Can you hook up UART from the vector to this?
http://m.banggood.com/2_4G-Wireless-...p-1065339.html
Dec 11, 2016, 08:24 AM
I can use this to transmit data from my vector to my computer right ?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-3DR-Radio-...=1613510722018
My goal is to use this software with the vector
Last edited by Danthemanfpv; Dec 11, 2016 at 08:58 AM.
Dec 15, 2016, 07:01 PM
Does vectors UART
support connex prosight?
Dec 16, 2016, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemanfpv
Does vectors UART
support connex prosight?
Hello,

No, the Vector does not support the Connex telemetry. It is possible that we will in the future. No ETA.

Regards, John
Dec 20, 2016, 03:44 AM
What about mavlink radios
Dec 20, 2016, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
Hello,

No, the Vector does not support the Connex telemetry. It is possible that we will in the future. No ETA.

Regards, John
What about mavlink radios I'm trying to get it to work with no luck. If it works for dragon link to mission planner why not mavlink to mission planner? Or better yet Happykillmore?
Last edited by Danthemanfpv; Dec 20, 2016 at 04:01 AM.
Jan 19, 2017, 03:31 PM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
JohnET-

Does vector send out actual mavlink data from the uart when open telemetry is selected?

Dragonlink has new firmware out that is better at parsing mavlink data - so that tower and other mavlink apps are able to show more telemetry. I was wondering because I am not able to see RSSI, Sats, speed, etc (just a few items really) in tower on android. I am hoping the new update will somehow parse this data sent from uart if it in fact is mavlink...

Edit: after some research, I realized that open telemetry is not mavlink
Hopefully dragon link will update the firmware to show the missing data fields that tower is expecting (currently missing altitude, speed, and satellites).
Last edited by Jmel; Jan 20, 2017 at 01:12 AM.

Quick Reply