Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 17, 2016, 03:06 AM
Has anybody else noticed GPS coordinates stay on the screen when Trouble option is selected? I can only get the GPS coordinates to go off if I select Never.

Running Vector Software 12.04 and Firmware Version 2.10
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2016, 04:36 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnprime
Oh man, that's awesom... OpenTX 2.1.8 is nice too. Remember to get the updated audio files if you are still on 2.0.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from the guts of an Azguard battledroid...under fire...
Still some minor bugs but it all works!! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=48273
Apr 17, 2016, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Still some minor bugs but it all works!! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=48273
Saw that, looking wicked! Can't wait to try it... How much further mods needed to get sat on the eagleeyes?

Apr 17, 2016, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Saw that, looking wicked! Can't wait to try it... How much further mods needed to get sat on the eagleeyes?

For taranis GPS lat/long works now. Try putting it in one of the other boxes. Coordinates aren't meant to be displayed on a single line without special formatting. Placing gps in one of the boxes should give a carriage return between lat and long.

What do you mean by getting gps for eagle eyes?

Barring that, hang tight for my script. Working out one last bug.
Apr 17, 2016, 02:15 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
How much further mods needed to get sat on the eagleeyes?
Not sure what you mean. With a Power Panel plugged into the EE you get a live display of GPS. No mods at all

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...&product_id=57
Apr 17, 2016, 03:09 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmxp69
For taranis GPS lat/long works now. Try putting it in one of the other boxes. Coordinates aren't meant to be displayed on a single line without special formatting. Placing gps in one of the boxes should give a carriage return between lat and long.

What do you mean by getting gps for eagle eyes?

Barring that, hang tight for my script. Working out one last bug.
You were right! Awesome!!
Apr 17, 2016, 03:17 PM
Quote:
You were right! Awesome!!
Yup, I thought that was a bug so I opened a ticket. The OpenTX devs jumped on it and gave me guidance. Some things are still a little harder than they need to be I think. I have single line coordinates working via LUA. What you have will do fine though. Make sure you log your sensors!

PS I see you're getting RSSI 98 too...hmmmmmm.....
Apr 17, 2016, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Not sure what you mean. With a Power Panel plugged into the EE you get a live display of GPS. No mods at all

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...&product_id=57
Ahh gotcha, sorry I misunderstood... Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Apr 20, 2016, 03:13 AM
UB9ALF
Hi, Bill,

Thanks for the specs! Very clean overall, except for the CRC part.
A couple of questions if I may:
1. It's not clear whether CRC should be calculated for the packet including StartCode or not. Btw, StartCode is very sad by itself
2. I can't determine which CRC16 implementation did you use: CCITT, ANSI? The code looks very cryptic to me

Regards,
Konstantin
May 10, 2016, 03:43 PM
Hey all, any chance I can get screen shots of your configs for running BT to Tower from DLA V3?

I have full telemetry working on the Taranis already, but want to play with Tower as well...

Thanks!
May 10, 2016, 10:12 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Hey all, any chance I can get screen shots of your configs for running BT to Tower from DLA V3?

I have full telemetry working on the Taranis already, but want to play with Tower as well...

Thanks!
Nothing to it. In the DL TX GUI, Radio Modem tab set the Bluetooth to Mavlink. Connect your phone/tablet to the DL BT (Serial Device, code is 0000), then set the connection in Tower to BT, press connect.
May 10, 2016, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Nothing to it. In the DL TX GUI, Radio Modem tab set the Bluetooth to Mavlink. Connect your phone/tablet to the DL BT (Serial Device, code is 0000), then set the connection in Tower to BT, press connect.
Thanks Sweetie! No changes in the rx at all?

May 10, 2016, 10:19 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Thanks Sweetie! No changes in the rx at all?

Nope, the connection is from the DL TX to your phone. If you have telem to the taranis just setup the BT connection and you're done.
May 11, 2016, 11:22 AM
Hmm, it seems to have connected once and only once...

Whats the startup procedure, radio, plane, tower?

In the TX, running 56000 baud?

Quote:
Nope, the connection is from the DL TX to your phone. If you have telem to the taranis just setup the BT connection and you're done.
May 11, 2016, 09:03 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Hmm, it seems to have connected once and only once...

Whats the startup procedure, radio, plane, tower?

In the TX, running 56000 baud?
Startup doesn't matter except you need to connect the BT within about 30 seconds of starting the TX. Baud doesn't matter for the BT.

What DL firmware you running? there were issues with the earlier FW. I'm running 2.6 and it works no problem.

In any case this is OT for this thread. Better post in the DL thread.