Vector Open Telemetry and DragonLink Advanced support! - Page 3 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2016, 07:09 AM
Perfect

Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2016, 11:33 AM
Eagle tree responded again, nothing currently available to extract raw data. The indicate they are working on something, and will advise when available. Would have though it easier to release format of data being sent out to laptop, or even post some type of SDK, to access this valuable information. Would think this to cement Eagle tree as the deface standard for those who who roll there own.

Would have at lease spiked the sale of vectors an eagleeyes ground stations...

We will have to wait and see
Mar 11, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28
Thanks, but bought a power panel display for my eagle eyes just before you released this and I don't really want to have both. Will you update power panel so I can use it to setup the Vector ? I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, it's just a matter of changing the connector.

Sancho
Hi, it seems it's avaialble now in GUI. In Realese note protocol from this thread, it's write :
"To enable telemetry output on the Vector's UART port, select the "Open Telm" option
// for the "Configure the UART port for" stick menu item, under the ""EagleEyes and Telemetry" OSD menu"
Mar 23, 2016, 05:09 PM
Smasher of foam
Hey folks. I had telemetry working fine with Vector software 11.94. I just upgraded to 12.02 and it completely broke my telemetry. Does this new feature negate the old telemetry setup?
Do I need to create a new cable to connect my Vector's UART to my X8R?
Do I need to specifically turn on telemetry in the OSD now? (The instructions above indicate I should select a UART port configurations, but not whether I should turn EagleEyes telemetry on or off or if it makes a difference to the UART telemetry.)

If I understand this correctly, the new system should connect UART's Tx to my SPort's signal pin, and the UART's ground to the SPort's ground. Yes?

I'm using a Taranis. Should I select "Taranis" under "Configure UART port for" or "Open Telemetry?"
(I've tried both, and nothing shows up in my Taranis' telemetry screen when I discover new sensors, apart from the RSSI and RxBatt that my X8R sends anyway.)

In the meantime, I just downgraded my Vector to 11.94 again. I need telemetry much more than I need waypoints.
Last edited by AeroMaestro; Mar 23, 2016 at 05:23 PM.
Mar 24, 2016, 09:42 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately something changed in our last FW related to telemetry. Our engineer team has already addressed the issue and it will be fixed in the next beta that we hope to release in a week or so. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards, John
Mar 24, 2016, 10:16 AM
John,

Can you clarify waypoint beta and telemetry beta? Are they one and the same, or separate code branches? Happy to try both simultaneously if possible now or on next release. Specifically DLA V3 based telemetry.

Kelly
Mar 24, 2016, 10:53 AM
Smasher of foam
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
John,

Can you clarify waypoint beta and telemetry beta? Are they one and the same, or separate code branches? Happy to try both simultaneously if possible now or on next release. Specifically DLA V3 based telemetry.

Kelly
You can see the revision history here.

This new open telemetry and waypoints are both included in the latest software beta. (Although, as John mentioned above, open telemetry is broken until the next beta release.)
Apr 05, 2016, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biget
Eagle tree responded again, nothing currently available to extract raw data. The indicate they are working on something, and will advise when available. Would have though it easier to release format of data being sent out to laptop, or even post some type of SDK, to access this valuable information. Would think this to cement Eagle tree as the deface standard for those who who roll there own.

Would have at lease spiked the sale of vectors an eagleeyes ground stations...

We will have to wait and see
Does it have to be vector supplying roll/pitch/yaw values. Arduino+sensor+radio could be done pretty cheap if that's all your after.
Apr 13, 2016, 07:49 AM
Has anyone successfully got this OpenTelemetry disapling on a teblet app like TOWER or DROIDPLANNER yet.?
Apr 13, 2016, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsuth
Has anyone successfully got this OpenTelemetry disapling on a teblet app like TOWER or DROIDPLANNER yet.?
I haven't flown yet but I can get droidplanner to connect and display some info. The compass and AH works when I move my plane around. I can get bat voltage also. The app disconnects a lot but connects easily when touched. haven't tried Tower but will download it and give it a go. My vector is updated to the latest available version.
Apr 13, 2016, 09:28 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsuth
YEP! It works! Rather than bother with that at all I'm about to update my Taranis to OpenTX 2.1.x, add a single wire from my DLA to Taranis, and enjoy full telemetry and logging to my Taranis!
Apr 14, 2016, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
YEP! It works! Rather than bother with that at all I'm about to update my Taranis to OpenTX 2.1.x, add a single wire from my DLA to Taranis, and enjoy full telemetry and logging to my Taranis!
Hey Sweetie, so that would give us full info on OSD, and full telemetry to Taranis, via this cable. Is it also possible to output to droid at same time via another cable or Bluetooth if we wanted? I've got a spare note2 which would make an excellent 2nd screen!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Apr 14, 2016, 11:16 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnprime
Hey Sweetie, so that would give us full info on OSD, and full telemetry to Taranis, via this cable. Is it also possible to output to droid at same time via another cable or Bluetooth if we wanted? I've got a spare note2 which would make an excellent 2nd screen!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yep! Telem to the Taranis, OSD, and Tower/Mission Planner (via Bluetooth or USB) AND, if you have them like I do, GPS coords to the Power Panel hooked to the EagleEyes.

I just finished the DLA to Taranis cable mod, now for some FW updates and testing!
Apr 15, 2016, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Yep! Telem to the Taranis, OSD, and Tower/Mission Planner (via Bluetooth or USB) AND, if you have them like I do, GPS coords to the Power Panel hooked to the EagleEyes.

I just finished the DLA to Taranis cable mod, now for some FW updates and testing!
Oh man, that's awesom... OpenTX 2.1.8 is nice too. Remember to get the updated audio files if you are still on 2.0.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from the guts of an Azguard battledroid...under fire...
Apr 15, 2016, 12:51 AM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnprime
Oh man, that's awesom... OpenTX 2.1.8 is nice too. Remember to get the updated audio files if you are still on 2.0.
Thanks, already downloaded.