This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 18, 2016, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetieinsf
Yea, pretty much. I have no idea what info is available in the Open Telemetry stream and it all depends on what DL does with it but I believe that in the long term they will make all Vector telem available on the DLA. How much telem do you need? With the currently supported basic info (GPS coordinates, heading, speed, altitude, RSSI if remember...) if you lose your video you can hit RTH and watch her fly home. If the plane goes down you should have GPS coordinates almost to the ground making recovery easier especially coupled with the DLA Homing Beacon feature.
What is the homing beacon feature in DLA. I am considering the UHF system. Currently using TSLRS.

Thanks,
Hector
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2016, 11:59 AM
Where can I get this cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
We're pleased to announce an "open" telemetry protocol for the Vector. Everything you could possibly want to know about the Vector is available via the Vector's UART port. Let us know if we missed anything.

Please see the attached file for details. Note that only the "Tx" UART connection, and perhaps ground, need to be connected in most cases.

To use telemetry, you'll need to install Vector software version 11.96 or later. Note that at present this software is in beta, so proceed with caution!

Also, Dragon Labs has added support for this protocol with their DragonLink Advanced LRS (link coming momentarily).

IMPORTANT: donít connect the telemetry cable to any Vector port other than "UART," Doing so could damage your equipment!
Feb 20, 2016, 12:30 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdrifters
What is the homing beacon feature in DLA. I am considering the UHF system. Currently using TSLRS.

Thanks,
Hector
If the RX loses it's connection to the TX it will go into Beacon Mode after a user defined time out period on a range of user definable frequencies in the 433 range. You can then use a walkie-talkie to track it down.
Feb 20, 2016, 12:34 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorail1
Where can I get this cable?
The connector for the Vector UART port is the same as used for the BUSS port (GPS, Air Speed). ET sells them for $5. You can then mod the other end depending on what it will connect to
Feb 22, 2016, 08:05 PM

Real time data.

So what is the simplest hardware to obtain real time roll, pitch and yaw data only?. I know the osd shows it, but I want the raw data not video.

Is it possible to get thsee numbers back to the ground station with any other hardware than a DragonLink?. Ideal to obtain into laptop for speciality software and hardware drivers.

Not objecting to obtaining DLA system, but not worth investment just for evaluation.
Feb 23, 2016, 01:09 AM
kha
kha
openLRSng haxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by biget
So what is the simplest hardware to obtain real time roll, pitch and yaw data only?. I know the osd shows it, but I want the raw data not video.

Is it possible to get thsee numbers back to the ground station with any other hardware than a DragonLink?. Ideal to obtain into laptop for speciality software and hardware drivers.

Not objecting to obtaining DLA system, but not worth investment just for evaluation.
According to the spec the raw average bandwidth of the data stream is 97b / 0.08s = 1213 bytes per second, (i.e. about 12000 bauds). Basically any datalink that can handle sustained unidirectional transfer at that rate would do. For short distances the bluetooth/serial modules like HC05 or HC06 should work just fine.

If you'd extract the roll/pitch/yaw from the packets by using a microcontroller and transmit only them (with some header/trailer bytes) you can do with maybe 1/10th of the bandwidth
Feb 23, 2016, 02:24 PM
Quote:

With the Vector, you get all the data on the analog video feed, if you run your video rx through an Eagle Eyes ground station. It's a diversity controller with telemetry and antenna tracking. It has a usb hookup to a laptop for the telemetry over the video feed. You could get the attitude data you need. Just need to purchase the ground station.
Feb 23, 2016, 06:07 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint
With the Vector, you get all the data on the analog video feed, if you run your video rx through an Eagle Eyes ground station. It's a diversity controller with telemetry and antenna tracking. It has a usb hookup to a laptop for the telemetry over the video feed. You could get the attitude data you need. Just need to purchase the ground station.
Very true! The reason for the "Open Telem and DLA Support" is that you will very likely have telemetry on the 433 DLA long after you lose the video stream making it a strong redundant vs relying on the video telem alone. Being able to have the GPS coords down nearly to the ground vs much higher alt. means better chance of recover if you go down. Having the telem on the DLA also means you can fly home not blind and not relying only on RTH in the event you lose the video system for whatever reason.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:46 PM

Data stream thru eagle eyes ground station USB port

Saw that and already ordered the eagle eyes ground station module. Haven't seen much in the form of what the data stream is out of the USB port. Is there some type of protocol that describes the data format?
Feb 24, 2016, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Saw that and already ordered the eagle eyes ground station module. Haven't seen much in the form of what the data stream is out of the USB port. Is there some type of protocol that describes the data format?
The info is on page 11 of the manual. Looks like it puts out what you need. You use the Vector software on your laptop. Click on the eagle eyes tab and you will see what telemetry you get.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Manuals/EagleEyes.pdf
Feb 24, 2016, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint
The info is on page 11 of the manual. Looks like it puts out what you need. You use the Vector software on your laptop. Click on the eagle eyes tab and you will see what telemetry you get.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Manuals/EagleEyes.pdf
Not quite what I need, nice interface but I need the raw data, not a canned app. Saving data does not offer 'real time' but recorded. Does anyone know the protocol of the USB data output? Will try contacting eagle tree direct to see what they can provide.
Feb 25, 2016, 07:06 PM

Eagleeyes telemetry

Eagle tree responded that the information can be had out of the expansion port. This is where the eagletree power panel LCD connects. Data on their Web site indicates you can select what you monitor, but I can find no information on selecting that data. Does anyone know how to select what you want out of the expansion port?

Does anyone know what data format is used on the expansion port?
Feb 29, 2016, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Eagle tree responded that the information can be had out of the expansion port. This is where the eagletree power panel LCD connects. Data on their Web site indicates you can select what you monitor, but I can find no information on selecting that data. Does anyone know how to select what you want out of the expansion port?

Does anyone know what data format is used on the expansion port?
I'm also interested in getting this information. Subscribing to thread.
Mar 02, 2016, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know where I can get just the 4 strand molex double male connector lead without having to buy the whole package of Vector connectors?

I need 1 for my GPS
Mar 02, 2016, 07:08 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnator
Does anyone know where I can get just the 4 strand molex double male connector lead without having to buy the whole package of Vector connectors?

I need 1 for my GPS
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...product_id=159