Oct 16, 2019, 09:49 PM
That thing almost hit me
Here's one
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2019, 04:02 AM

Quick Build Wing

Hi
Originally built this wing to teach my grandson to fly. It is a cheap quick build wing that flies really stable and is a blast to fly. We have started to fly combat with them at our field, what a blast. No pain when you crash one. Hope you enjoy.
Oct 17, 2019, 05:09 AM
F5J rocks!
Alan Mayhew has done a superb job building and flying a Pradtl flying wing. I’ve had a fly and it flies really nice and has the provers yaw as Bowers and his team found.

Enjoy the vid!

Alan Mayhew's Prandtl flying wing (1 min 41 sec)
Oct 20, 2019, 09:25 PM
Ft Lauderdale

Sunset - Simitar style.mp4

Simitar-style plane at Vista View Park Sunset Oct 2019 (3 min 58 sec)
Last edited by Number_6; Oct 22, 2019 at 10:03 PM.
Oct 24, 2019, 07:21 PM
Lead On, O King
Very cool number 6
Oct 24, 2019, 10:35 PM
Sokol

nice plank ! , you could also post here : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lassic-Wiseguy
Oct 26, 2019, 10:28 AM
Just finished putting this guy together. Arwing 900 with a Matek F765-WING running Ardupilot.
Haven't been able to fly it for 2 main reasons:
First, weather has been trash since, if it's not raining, it's windy as hell.
Second reason is, it would be illegal. The laws are kinda strict here so anything above 250 grams needs a license to fly and you have to submit paperwork 24 hours before to let the police know where you'll be flying.
Oct 26, 2019, 11:45 AM
Ft Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniweeb
....have to submit paperwork 24 hours before to let the police know where you'll be flying.
.....yikes...where?
Oct 26, 2019, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6
.....yikes...where?
Denmark. Even after paying and going through the process to to get a license to fly outdoors, finding a place ain't that easy either since you need to be away from everything (roads, public spaces, people).
Oct 26, 2019, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6
.....yikes...where?
Denmark. Even after paying and going through the process to to get a license to fly outdoors, finding a place ain't that easy either since you need to be away from everything (roads, public spaces, people).
Wow, and I thought we had it bad, housing developments pushing us away, public parks off limits, etc.
Oct 28, 2019, 02:05 PM
You know nothing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machineman
Alan Mayhew has done a superb job building and flying a Pradtl flying wing. I’ve had a fly and it flies really nice and has the provers yaw as Bowers and his team found.

Enjoy the vid!

https://youtu.be/HAYypwFe6XY
Beautiful!Ive posted the video in the Prandtl thread on the Nurfluegal forum.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...andtl-d/page27
Nov 03, 2019, 03:50 PM

Gladiator XL

My CTH 66" Gladiator XL wing's maiden flight and build details.
Nov 04, 2019, 03:53 PM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniweeb
I mentioned this to Soren a.k.a. SpeedsterDEN. He is a very active model flyer especially slope models
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=312987
https://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedsterDEN/videos

He says "It is not true, you have to read the rules and take a small test, then you can fly most places"
Might be worth checking out the rules
Andy
Nov 05, 2019, 12:14 AM
flyin' fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMV
Originally built this wing to teach my grandson to fly. It is a cheap quick build wing that flies really stable and is a blast to fly. We have started to fly combat with them at our field, what a blast. No pain when you crash one. Hope you enjoy.
Been busy, so missed this sweet design. This is the kind of foamy the 'scratch buil' forms started on. Glad to see simple is back.
Last edited by goldguy; Nov 09, 2019 at 07:41 PM.
Nov 05, 2019, 04:12 PM

Quick build wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Been busy, so missed this sweet design. This is the kind of foamy this form started on. Glad to see simple is back.
Thanks gold guy
Doesn't get any easier than this to build. I have some video of some combat we did at the flying club, but is is to big to post here, can I create a link to drop box? I hope some people will build some and have as much fun as we are.

Quick Reply