May 20, 2019, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provotech
That is amazing! Nice find

Trailblazing!!

now... that being said can you find something in my backyard in Des Moines??? :P
There used to be a good spot at three tree point before it got developed. 47.450061, -122.370691
Last edited by Roy_N; May 23, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2019, 09:48 PM
Tu ne cede malis
We'll be hitting Roaring for several days in July, you're all invited
May 21, 2019, 10:56 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Anybody of you PDX folks up for Diamond this weekend? Doesn't matter which day
May 23, 2019, 08:58 AM
Certifiable User
Nice pics and thanks for sharing the reports. Nice looking mountain sites. I wonder how often these sites get decent 30+mph breezes? That's one drawback of places like rampart ridge. Usually just slermal alpine type air ~15mph.

We had good Saturday/ Sunday at SDR.

Light 15-20 saturday afternoon. Then enjoyed full moon and early sunrise flights. Wind built all day Sunday until we left around 6pm it was blowing 40mph. I think I have finally got N wind DS site figured out. Was very powerful and actually broke the tailboom off of my f3f model (oops) on third flight.

Forecast is looking strong on Sunday and will bring some fast models and radar this time. If anybody else wants to get a new PB this would be a good day for it.

Cheers
Lee
May 23, 2019, 10:03 AM
I attended part of the latest 6 pack for my first time and got hooked! I just purchased the CR Raider from glidrguy!

Is there a season that Northerlies are expected for SDR? Need to start planning trips...

Thanks to everyone who made my first trip to the Tri-Cities such a spectacular event. What a great bunch of people you are!

Ben
May 24, 2019, 11:20 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Roaring Ridge regularly has 10-20 or much higher winds, and it comes straight in and is very vertical. Because the lift is so vertical even when it's at 10 anything is flyable. Here is the RAWS network real time data from Dirtyface peak, which is nearby and has identical winds...

I was out roaming for work yesterday and spotted this prospective site from a distance. Indian Springs, on the Cascade Crest near Wahtum lake. The road is paved to within about 3 miles.

Given it's location I expect Three Corner Rock type weather conditions, in that it is windy a lot but also rainy a lot. This means rare days where it has to be perfect, windy and clear. I only get to fly Three Corner every few years for this reason. Here's a couple shots from last July...

Still looking to hit Diamond this weekend, let's get up there.
Jun 03, 2019, 12:17 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Pickens Mtn, Okanogan Valley. The view exceeds it's own superlatives, as does the flying on a good day. We had light S winds but got some air time.

And a ranch sign seen along the way.
Jun 03, 2019, 09:42 AM
Soaring with Eagles
Hi everyone! 

I am looking for an entry level DLG. Anyone has any for sale? 

Thanks! 

Bill Babin
Jun 03, 2019, 10:02 AM
wrong descision, wrong time
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbabin
Hi everyone! 

I am looking for an entry level DLG. Anyone has any for sale? 

Thanks! 

Bill Babin
I have one you might be interested in. It's one of Lee's thin wings on a skinny thing fuselage ( called the vimana). It has many bumps and fixes but still holds up to my launches. I'm asking $175, it will include all the servos. I also have a new round single cell lipo for it. We could discuss also including the frsky receiver.

Heath
Jun 06, 2019, 08:39 AM
I'm traveling to Manson from Anacortes this weekend. Will I be passing any of your favorite spots to fly that you would care to share?
Thank you,
Ben
Jun 06, 2019, 10:42 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Keystone point as referenced a page or two back is within a hour of the road if you're heading up the west side of the river on your way to Chelan. 4x4 not required but some clearance and good tires are a good idea.

Both Chumstick Mtn and Roaring Ridge are also in that area, but require more of an 'off route' time commitment from the perspective of your route. Both are excellent, big air hills on the right day with exceptional views. Roaring has more landing zone and more consistent flyability with any winds with a western component.
Last edited by MtnGoat; Jun 06, 2019 at 12:08 PM.
Jun 06, 2019, 02:57 PM
Thank you. Monday will be the return travel day, unsure how much time I will have to get off the road. I will scope out the Chelan/Manson area and report if I find anything.
Jun 06, 2019, 05:58 PM
Tu ne cede malis
You betcha. I'll keep the thread active for upcoming trips as well. There are some folks here I know I haven't flown with, we should change that! Alpine sloping/camping is the shiznit. Been out with Bill, Provotech and Rdjay if I'm interpreting the handles properly, but I don't believe I've met you or a few other folks posting here.
Jun 06, 2019, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
You betcha. I'll keep the thread active for upcoming trips as well. There are some folks here I know I haven't flown with, we should change that! Alpine sloping/camping is the shiznit. Been out with Bill, Provotech and Rdjay if I'm interpreting the handles properly, but I don't believe I've met you or a few other folks posting here.
Thanks for all the reports and positive attitude! I fully intend on glombing on to one of those trips at least. Couple little setbacks for me lately but there are still a few months of easy-in mountain season.

Dan
Jun 11, 2019, 12:59 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Well, did you guys get to Keystone?

Quick Reply